Status: Active

Stop Pretending. I Know You Really Love Me.

Brent.

After what seemed like an eternity but was only ten minutes, we pulled up to the mall. I opened the door and tried to get out. But Phoenix’s arms were still around me. Everyone else was already walking towards the mall.

“Phoenix?” I asked looking at his arms.

“What?” He seemed annoyed.

“Uh your arms.”

“What about my arms?” He smirked.

“They’re still around me.”

“So?”

“So get them off so I can get out.” Now it was my turn to be annoyed.

“What if I don’t want to let go?”

“Then that’s too bad. Either let go or I’ll make you let go.”

“No.” He whispered making me shiver. He kissed my cheek. I turned my head to glare at him but as soon as I did I noticed that he was staring at me again with the same intensity as last night.

He slowly started to lean down to kiss me. I closed my eyes waiting to feel his lips on mine. Nothing mattered right now. It didn’t matter that he was a complete asshole. It didn’t matter that he was my brother’s best friend. It didn’t matter that he was a junior and I was a freshman. It didn’t matter that his girlfriend was captain of the cheerleading squad.

As that thought passed through my head I put my hands on his chest stopping him just as his lips were about to touch mine.

“Stop.” I whispered. I opened my eyes and saw Phoenix looking at me confused.

“What?”

“Just stop.” I repeated.

“Why?” He looked hurt. Of course he probably wasn’t used to being rejected.

“You have a girlfriend.” I said looking away.

“I was going to break up with her anyways.”

“You’re Jay’s best friend.”

“I don’t think he would mind.” He said smirking like he knew something that I didn’t.

“I can’t.” I tried to jump out of the car again but Phoenix still wasn’t letting me go.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Because Phoenix.” I said hoping that it would be enough. But of course it never is.

“Because why?”

“We hate each other.”

“What if I said I didn’t hate you?” He smirked.

“I’d say that’s bull. Now let go of me.” I glared at him. I realized what he was doing now. I was not falling for his stupid idiotic games. He hesitantly let go of me. I jumped out of the car and ran to the mall.

Everyone was waiting for us at the entrance.

“Where’s Phoenix?” Jay asked.

“In the car.” I glared at nothing in particular.

“What were you guys doing back there?” Misty asked glaring at me. I turned my glare towards her. Then I got an idea. I smirked.

“Oh you know. Just having some fun.” I shrugged my shoulders. Misty looked like she wanted to kill me. Jay and Summer knew I was just kidding. Crystal looked like she didn’t give a damn. She was too busy pressing herself up against Jay.

“You’re lying. Phoenix would never try anything with you.” Misty said still glaring at me. Boy was she wrong.

“Why would I lie about this? Especially when Phoenix’s best friend, my brother, is right here?” I asked smirking. At that time Phoenix walked in to the mall. He wrapped an arm around Misty. I don’t know why but this made me mad. Misty pulled out of his grasp and glare at him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked her.

“We are through.” Misty hissed.

“What?” Phoenix asked confused.

“You heard me. We are done.” She stomped out his foot and walked away.

“OWW!” Phoenix yelled hopping on one foot while holding the other one.

“Crystal!” Misty yelled. Crystal pouted and ran after her.

“Thank god.” Jay mumbled.

“What the hell was that?!” Phoenix yelled confused. Jay and Summer bit back smiles.

“I don’t know. But look on the bright side, now you don’t have to break up with her.” I smiled at him. He glared at me.

“What did you do?” He asked.

“Do? I didn’t do anything. It’s not my fault if she took what I said for a different meaning.” I said innocently.

“What did you tell her?”

“She asked what we were doing and I said having fun.” I shrugged.

“Why did you do that?!” He yelled.

“I thought you said you were going to break up with her. You did tell me that didn’t you?” I asked faking confused. He seemed at a loss for words.

“That’s what I thought. Jay me and Summer are going to Hot Topic. We’ll meet you at the movies in an hour.” I said. I grabbed Summer’s arm and dragged her to Hot Topic.

“What really happened?” Summer asked as we walked into the store.

“What do you mean?” I asked looking through some shirts.

“I mean what were you and Phoenix really doing?”

“Nothing.” I shrugged not looking at her.

“It was obviously something. And how did you know Phoenix was going to break up with Misty?”

“He told me.”

“Why would he tell you? You guys hate each other.” As she said that memories of what Phoenix told me flooded back in my mind.

What if I said I didn’t hate you?

Did he really mean that? No. He was playing with my mind. I’m the only girl that’s rejected him and he was just saying anything he could so I would kiss him.

“Hello? Earth Hazel.” Summer said waving a hand in my face.

“What?” I asked snapping out of my trance.

“Are you ok?” She asked.

“Yea. I just spaced out. What were you saying?”

“I asked why he would tell you that he’s going to break up with Misty? You guys hate each other.” She repeated.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged.

“Oh my god! You guys kissed!” She yelled pointing at me.

“What?! No we didn’t!” I yelled back. It was a complete lie. We didn’t kiss.

“What was it like? Is he a good kisser? I heard he is.” She said rambling on and on and on.

“We did not kiss!” I yelled.

“Yea right.” She rolled her eyes.

“Can we change the topic?”

“Fine. But one day you will tell me. You can’t keep a relationship hidden forever.”

“We have to relationship.” I said. She rolled her eyes but dropped the subject.

*
**
**
*

“Hurry Hazel! The movie starts in like fifteen minutes!” Summer yelled running to the theater. I was walking extra slow. I didn’t want to see Phoenix right now. Why would he want to kiss me? I mean yea I rejected him but why should it matter. We hated each other.

I was spacing out again, not really watching where I was going when I bumped into someone. I stumbled backwards almost falling but the person grabbed my shoulders steadying me.

“I am so sorry. I wasn’t watching…” My voice trailed off as I looked up at the person I bumped into. He was gorgeous. He had beautiful sea blue eyes. Not as beautiful as Phoenix’s grayish blue eyes though. What the hell am I thinking?! Phoenix’s eyes are not beautiful. Here’s a hot guy in front of me and I’m think about how beautiful Phoenix’s eyes are. Damn.

“I wasn’t watching where I was going.” I said snapping out of my trance. He smiled at me.

“It’s ok. My name’s Brent.” He said.

“Hazel.” I smiled back.

“You look familiar. Do I know you?” He asked.

“I don’t think so.” I said shaking my head slowly.

“What grade are you in?”

“Ninth.”

“Ahh freshman.” He smirked.

“Yea. What grade are you in?”

“Junior.”

“Oh you probably know my brother than.”

“Your brother?”

“Yea Jay.”

“Oh! You’re Jay’s little sister.” His smirk got bigger.

“Yea.” I blushed. Was I always going to be known as Jay’s little sister?

“Hazel!” I heard someone yell. I turned and saw Jay, Phoenix, and Summer walking this way.

“Hello Jay.” Brent smirked at Jay.

“What are you doing talking to my sister?” Jay asked glaring at him.

“She talked to me first. It’s impolite to ignore people especially a beautiful girl like Hazel.” Brent said smiling at me. I started blushing again.

“I don’t care if it’s impolite. Don’t talk to my sister again.” Jay said.

“Jay!” I yelled. He’s not my dad.

“You don’t know this guy Hazel.” Phoenix said also glaring at Brent.

“Well he seems nicer than you.” I said glaring at Phoenix.

“First impressions aren’t always true.” Phoenix said.

“It was for you.”

“Wow Phoenix. A girl that actually doesn’t like you.” Brent smirked.

“Shut up Brent. Go fuck some slut.” Phoenix spat.

“I’m hurt.” Brent said putting his hand over his heart in fake hurt. Phoenix and Jay just glared at him.

“I guess that’s my que to leave. See ya later Hazel.” Brent winked before walking away.

“Let’s go.” Jay said grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the mall.

”But what about the movie?” I asked.

“We’ll watch it another time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it! Thanks for the comments! Please keep commenting!