Status: Active

Suck On It Mary, You're Not the Only Virgin That's Pregnant

To Believe or Not To Believe

I came into the room me and Danni stayed in at Paul`s to see the last face I wanted to see. I leave Carl there for a while by himself and this is what I come back to. I went out to get my head off how things were going at Danni`s parents house.

“Carl,” I growled loudly, clenching my fist.

He slowly walked into the room.

“What the hell is he doing here?” I screamed, pointing at our dad.

Carl rubbed his arm. “Well, he came here, he wanted to talk to you, he heard about the wedding.”

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and held him against the wall. “Oh, really? And how was that?” I screamed, then lowering the voice because I heard Danni and Paul get back.

“How is it that dad brings out the worst of you?” Carl whispered. That bastard just sat there laughing at us.

Danni walked into the room and gave one look at our father before walking back out, as she protectively held onto her belly. I pushed Carl against my dad, leaving the room as I saw his face like he wanted to tear me apart, but just sat there. Maybe he did just want to talk.

I walked up to Danni and took her hand.

"What the hell is he doing here?" she asked in a venomous tone.

“He just wants to talk,” I replied, trying to convince myself of that.

"Yeah right," Danni replied rolling her eyes
.
“He does, what`s the worst he can do anyways?” I asked, imaging everyone dead in my head, but acting like he is harmless.

"What's the worst?" she asked me in a high, shrill voice. Danni closed her eyes, took a breath, and rubbed her belly. "Have you forgotten how this man made your life a living hell?"

“He could have changed, though. Just talking to him won`t do any harm. If he tries to hurt me, he`s out, but he won`t try. I`m fine and so are you and the baby,” I told her, going down and kissing her belly.

"Trey, I want to believe you, but I just walked away from my family. My father basically told me I was dead to him, for being here with you. Don't prove me wrong, don't let your father drag you back to that person that you were," she said in a gentle voice as she rested her hand on my cheek.

“I won`t, I`m just going to talk to him for a little, that`s all,” I told her, putting my hand over hers.

"Fine," she said pouting, "I will trust your decision."

“Good,” I said kissing her cheek and letting go of her hand, and walking towards the room and sighing. Then went in.

Carl started to leave the room and I grabbed his arm and sat him in a chair, then sat down. “You’re staying, I`m not talking to him alone,” I told him.

He just nodded.

“What do you want?” I asked my dad.

“I heard about the wedding,” He stated, I looked at his foot and thought about it against my chest.

“And?” I asked.

“I wanted to congratulate you guys,” He said, smirking.

What the fuck? He was defiantly up to something. No way he changed this much.

He stood up and I flinched, I thought he was going to hurt me. He walked towards the door and stopped there.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked, going up behind him.“Leaving? That`s seriously all you wanted? To say congratulations?”

“No,” He replied, looking at me like I was an idiot.

“Why are you standing at the door way then?”

“I want to say congratulations to your soon to be wife too,” He said, grinning at me, strangely enough him smiling was the scariest expression I ever saw on his face.

“Danni, sweetie, “He called. “Come here.”

“Sweetie?” I asked. “What happened to whore?”

He didn`t say anything but after a while of her not coming he called out her name again.

“You’re not going near my wife or child,” I told him.

“You mean Carl`s kid.”

That kind of hurt, I guess. I always thought of Danni, the kid, and me as the perfect family, until he said that. I`m a part of the kids family, well I am, but as his uncle. The family includes my dad too, and Danni`s dad, our family is far from perfect. I sat down going into my thoughts.

“Danni,” I barley heard my dad call again, far into thoughts.

Danni walked cautiously into the room.

“You`re fine, I think,” I told her, with no emotions deep into thoughts. “He just wants to congratulate us.”

“Congratulations on the engagement,” my dad told her smiling.

"What the fuck do you want from us?" she blurted out.

“Just to congratulate you, and to see if I can come,” He said, about to rub the Danni`s cheek with the back of his hand. That got me mad, nervous, into protective mode. Even if he wasn`t harming her I didn`t want him touching her because most of what he has ever done with those hands were hurt.

“Touch her and you die,” I growled out, causing him to drop his hand.

He knew if when I acted like that I meant what I said. If he wouldn`t of dropped his hand, or would of touched her then I would of flipped and we would of fought. He didn`t want to let his good guy guard down or fight me. I kind of wished he would of fought me, I haven`t had a fight in a while, and it would make me less confused if he was bad again.

"You expect me to believe that," she stated.

I sure don`t, well I don`t know if I do, but I don`t fully believe it, I thought. Everything was just confusing at the moment.

“It`s the truth,” my dad said. It was the first time I ever saw his face look innocent, it hit the heart. But I didn`t fall for it.

“Just leave,” I told him. He didn`t move though. I`m kind of glad he didn`t, because if he was really a good dad now, a good person I would try to have him in my life.

“Give him a chance,” I barley heard Carl whispered. Boy could he be shy, especially when his opinions weren`t needed. Why would he trust him? With all he has done to him. Us. God, I`m hypocritical, I sort of believe him to.

My thoughts were crazy. Like I had two different people fighting, debating, in my head.

"Trey, I can't believe these words are coming from my mouth, but maybe he doesn't have any tricks under his sleeve," Danni said, "but if you do try anything we will both kick your sorry ass."

I couldn`t believe they came from her mouth either, but if she believes him, it is probably the truth.

“I won`t,” he said looking back and forth between me and Danni like a little kid would when his parents were deciding to buy him that new puppy or not.”

“Mmk,” was all I said, to what either of them said. I didn`t have anything else to say. I had a lot of hope that he really was trying to just do well, I hope he won`t fail me, again.
Then I thought of the whole reason we were trying to figure out whether he was a good or bad guy now, “Is he coming to the wedding then?”
Danni shrugged.

“That`s helpful,” I told her, I sounded like a smart ass, but I just meant to be honest.
Danni raised her eyebrows,

"You know how I feel about him, but this isn't about me anymore. We have a family to think about."

My dad smiled and I just wanted to go and smack the smile right off his face. He was only smiling to get to me, to make me think about how messed up this family is. Danni, the baby, and I aren`t a family. Danni and I are a family. Carl, Danni, and the baby have a family. My dad always had a way of getting to me about everything.
I shook my head no, not sure if anyone knew why besides my dad, and left the room.

"Trey," Danni yelled after me.