Status: Updates Happen About Once Or Twice A Week

Start To Begin Again

Piece Thirteen.

Piece Thirteen.

Zacky grabbed my hand and let his thumb run over the top. The comfort was short lived when his phone ringed. I let his hand go and fidgeted with the tank top I was wearing. I sank deeper into the leather car seat and took a tiny breathe.

We had only been back in California for a couple of days and Zacky had almost turned down the offer to go to Matt’s for the afternoon but I thought he made the effort so I should try to make one too. To be honest. I was scared, nervous and ready to jump out of the car. I never did well on this little trips but I guess I could try.

Zacky grabbed my hand again, making me look at him. I smiled and squeezed his hand. I could tell he felt my anxiety. It was practically pouring out of me. I pulled my legs onto the seat and leaned over onto his shoulder. He let go of my hand and pulled his arm around my shoulder.

“I guess asking you if you were nervous would be an understatement?” I nodded. He laughed and kissed my hair. I felt easier but not calmer. I just wished our drive wouldn’t end but it did. Just not where I was expecting.

“Johnny called and asked if we could pick up some things. Jimmy and Leana ‘forgot’,” He said putting emphasis on forgetting. This could only mean the same thing that it meant for us. So I let out a low chuckle, part of it was forced but it was also sincere. I kissed his cheek and jumped out of the car into the blazing heat of the liquor store parking lot. I was never happier to be wearing shorts and a halter top.

“You could’ve stayed in the car,” Zacky said putting his elbows on the roof of the car. I mimicked his actions and smiled a smile that I hoped was flirty.

“And let you make all the decisions. I don’t think so,” I said pulling myself away from the car and shaking my head. I let out a squeak when I was picked up and thrown over his shoulder. I smacked his back and yelled at him to put me down. He didn’t. Instead I walked into the store butt first.

“Hey Zacky,” I looked over awkwardly over both my shoulder and Zacky’s back. The man looked familiar but I couldn’t place his face.

“Hey Papa Gates,” I made the connection then. It was Brian Sr. One of the many people I hadn’t meet but had no doubt heard of me.

“Who are cavemaning these days?” He asked walking closer. Zacky turned around so I could see the Brian better.

“Linette Latham,” I said putting my hand out. He smiled and shook my hand. Zacky turned around again. I let out another huff and this time I hit his butt and he put me down. He rubbed his backside and sent a playful glare at me while I walked up the aisle.
He stayed and talked to Brian senior as I picked up the bottles of alcohol that were always staples of the guy’s parties. I stopped when I knew I could grab anymore but I still there was one thing we needed. The girl’s anyway. I walked back down the aisle and the boys were still talking, now something about the new album.

“And so I thought -- Careful, Linette don’t pull a Johnny.” He said grabbing the two larger bottles from me. I smiled and kicked his shin with my foot. I knew what he had meant. I had watched the DVD too. Mostly because I wanted to know who the Great Zacky Vengeance was and why he seemed to captivate me after a couple of hours. I had found it on YouTube a few days after he had left.

“Just because I’m short does not mean I’m clumsy,” I said smiling.

“I’ll leave you two love birds alone; it was nice to finally meet the girl who kept Zacky inside the house for almost two years.” I blushed from embarrassment, “I’ll be there. His dad and I are gonna just hang around and be old farts,” He said leaving.

Zacky nodded over to the counter and I followed but I made him wait before he pulled out his wallet. I ran back up the aisle and let my flip flops slap against the linoleum. I paused at the mixes and grabbed the two bottles I found appropriate before walking back to the counter.

“I thought you didn’t drink,” Zacky said as the man behind the register rang up the bottles.

“I do, I just don’t drink much and I don’t like liquor.” I said leaning backwards against the counter. Zacky raised his brow as the new information sank in. I smiled and pulled out a couple of bills from my small pocket and paid the man before grabbing a bag.

My stomach felt well till we got back into the car and he started back down the street. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it with too much force. Zacky pulled me closer so I was back in my earlier position against his shoulder. I sighed and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

“Thank you,” I said softly.

“For what?” I smiled as his naïve answer and kissed his cheek again.

“Just being you,” I said as he pulled into a spot in front of the house. He grabbed my chin and kissed me hard. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let my fingers play with his hair. I leaned back into my seat and let him lean down on me. I kissed him harder and playfully bit his lip. He pulled away and laughed. I looked outside the window above us and saw Jimmy. I hid in Zacky’s shoulder while Zacky touched the button that made the window go down.

“I’m starting to think you coming back from Montana a week later was not because of snow storms,” He said suspiciously and playfully.
“At least we didn’t forget the drinks,” I said loud enough for him to hear

“It speaks!” He shouted. I pulled myself out from under Zacky and untangled myself from him before crawling out of the car. Jimmy helped me off the gravel and grabbed a bag that Zacky was holding out.

“What the fuck is this girly crap?” He asked looking at Zacky.

“Ask the girl,” I said grabbing the bag and started across the lawn up to the house. I knew that no doubt at least one person was looking out the window. So I kept my gaze on the red door. I stopped and looked behind me and saw Zacky wrestling Jimmy. I was on my own…for now at least. I walked up the green grass and stopped at the two steps. Val and Michelle were both already at the door.

“So you’re back?” I nodded slowly. Leana made her appearance and pulled me past the twins. She swung her arm around my middle and squeezed me as we walked into the kitchen.

“Don’t mind them. They’re just being mother hen’s,” She said taking the plastic bag from my hand. She looked inside and looked at me weirdly.

“We both know Zacky didn’t buy this,” She said pulling out a bottle, “Soju?” She asked.

“It’s a drink I learned while working at the bar, its good. It’s a twist on a martini,” I said smiling hopefully.

“If you can’t try something knew, you shouldn’t live in Cali, I guess,” she said putting the bottle on the island in the kitchen along with another bottle. I squealed when I was picked up.

“Johnny put her down,” Lacey said hitting the back of his head. I was put back down only to be swept into another hug. I hugged Lacey back and smiled when she pulled away.

“Good,” She said mostly to herself before walking over to Leana.

“Linette,” I turned around and smiled briefly at Val. She called me over with her index finger. I walked back into the hall and looked at her. I couldn’t let her think that I was too afraid, she’d use it as an advantage or coddle me. Either option I didn’t like. So I kept a soft yet firm gaze with her eyes.

“You’re back,”

“Yes,”

“You hurt Zacky, you hurt him bad,” I nodded. It wasn’t my turn to talk, “I’m glad Zacky is back but as for me because I can’t speak for the rest of the group, you’re gonna have to earn my trust back. You hurt one of my friends bad. I don’t think you seduced him or worked some kind of plan to get him back because I know that’s not your style but I do know that you’re used to being harsher, more real then he expects. So do this for me.”

“Okay,” I took the pause as a sign I could speak.

“Before you even think of saying something, think. I don’t mean that simple think before you speak thing. I mean think over the sentence fifty times if needed, just think before you say something. Zacky is strong but he just needs some…”

“I know,” She nodded and walked past me.

I didn’t expect to be welcomed back graciously. I knew I had to prove something to everyone. It wouldn’t be the same thing to everyone but I knew I had my work cut out for me. At least with Zacky and Val I knew where I stood. Everyone else was a muddled confusion. I knew I had to tread lightly.

I smiled as Zacky’s arms found their way around my waist. He kissed my neck and sighed.

“I take it Val had her talk with you,” I nodded, “I hope it wasn’t too brutal,” I shook my head and turned around.

“Ready?”

“No but I’m willing,” I said grabbing his hand before starting back into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I am sorry for not updating. We had break last week and I took off with some friends and now I'm back to school this week and it's all crazy.

I hoped you liked the update. I couldn't think up of another Montana one but that doesn't mean the drama won't follow them :]

Thanks:
starr8nn
Xoxo.Tina
Ace.Spade
the-quiet-one
snowy.
Ello Ashleyy.