Mom, I'm Moving Out.

Running Short Of Air and Reasons to Live

JEN'S POV.

I felt myself fall apart inside, completely. I knew this was the end of what was suppose to be amazing. The brightness of the sun was gone. The smiles clearly shown on my friend's faces were fading away into worried, tearful faces.

He pushed us into the room and ordered us to stand in line. He locked the basement door, and turned on a little light, hanging from the ceiling. This light was so tiny, it barely lit up the room in any way. The air felt so tiny and taken up. Every breath I took, felt heavy and as if it took forever to feel the relief of it. Although, I woudn't say relief was the exact emotion I had running through me.

As he tied us up in a line, ankle to ankle and wrist to wrist, I felt the sincere feeling of failure. I felt as if I could have prevented this, somehow. I was next to Steph and Nicole on the other side. I reached for their hands as we were tied. My mouth was covered by a taped bandana, and he tore off my clothes. First, he felt us. He felt our skin, our legs and arms. He felt my neck and face, and moaned as he did so. I felt disgusted inside and rolled my eyes at his patheticness.

I felt as if I wasn't worth anything, and cried as I felt that. He walked up the stairs after turning down the lights just a little. I heard him lock the door and looked around to see if there was any way to escape. The cold, concrete room, so silent and empty. Nothing was happy. Nothing was meaningfull. Nothing was even there. All I had was my girls, and whatever I could find on the floor.

Alice sobbed and screamed for help.

"Alice, stop. It's worthless and useless. You're wasting your breath and the cold air thats in this concrete room." I said to her, holding back tears of my own.
The girls got quiet completely. No sobbing. No whimpering. Nothing, absolutely nothing. The silence hurt my ears more than anything but gave my head rest. I leaned over onto Steph, and fell asleep for a little while.

Hoping, this would be comfortable. Considering, this is all I have from now on, it seems.