Status: Finished, check out the sequel!

Show Them What it Means To Be Alive

We Were Just Kids in Love

.
.
the summer was full of mistakes we wouldn't learn from
“God, Jack.” Melanie groaned, the last few giggles escaping her smiling lips, “My stomach hurts like a bitch now.”

“Me too. I think it’s ‘cause I’m hungry,” Jack contemplated, rubbing his non-existent stomach.

“Fatass,” a newly awake Rian accused as he pulled himself up.
Kara remained unconscious, lightly snoring into the pillow.

“I. Am. A. Growing. Boy.” Jack corrected Rian with a mock-pout on his face.

“Fine.” The other boy groaned.

Rian and Zack then began what Melanie could best describe as an intense staring match. It seemed like they were wordlessly arguing over something.

“DAMMIT.” Zack whispered while pulling himself off of the bed. “Jack, come with me. We’ll go to the lobby and find some food.”

The two boys left the room, one being far more enthusiastic than the other.

“Naked pillow fight, huh?” Rian chuckled. The caramel haired girl jumped; having forgotten he was in the room.

“I don’t even wanna know. Yet I do. But the thought scares me.” Melanie mused

Melanie patted the spot on the bed next to her for Rian to join.

He walked over, sitting down for a second before standing back up. She looked at him, confused. “I think I’m gonna take a shower instead,” He decided.

“Fine. Leave me here.” She laughed. Rian shook his head with a smile as he made his way into the bathroom.

It took roughly 20 seconds for Melanie’s attention span to wear out. Lonely, she made her way back to the room she originally found herself in.

She was greeted by a dazed out Alex Gaskarth, who hadn’t moved since before - except was now propped up on a pillow twirling his admittedly feminine hair.

“ALEX!” Melanie squealed, running and jumping on top of Alex, pushing him back into the pillows as she dug her head into his neck in an awkward, laying-down hug of sorts.

“EVERYBODIES LEAVING ME AND I’M LONELY AND NOW YOU’RE AWAKE AND I’M SO CONFUSED AND I MISSED YOU.” She jokingly whined while resting her head above Alex’s shoulder, face pushed into the fluffy white pillow.

Melanie felt him smirk against her cheekbone.

“… You’re naked under that sheet, aren’t you?”

*

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not…” He smugly teased.

“Alex.” She warned

“Fine. Yes. I am, in fact, naked”

“Groooossss” Melanie laughed, while attempting to pull herself off of his sheet-clad body.

His thin arms wrapped around her frame, holding her down.

“DON’T LEAVE ME,” Alex whined.

Making a “hmf” noise, Melanie gave up on fighting. Once again she collapsed onto Alex.

“See, that wasn’t so hard, now was it?” He teased
“THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID,” Alex added in, with a laugh.

“Can we please save that for when you’re wearing clothes and I’m not laying on top of you?”

“Deal.”

“So, may I ask why you’re naked?” The girl being held against her will inquired.

“Jack stole my clothes out of the shower. And I couldn’t be bothered to find some more to put on,” Alex simply explained

“Oh,” She giggled. “One question. Did your nakedness happen before or after the alleged pillow fight?”

“Does it really matter?”

“Alex.” She explained, “It makes all the difference”

“Oh, then … after?” He asked, as if aiming to get the right answer.

“You know what? Keep it to yourself.”

“I shall,” Alex flashed his adorable crooked smile

“One more question,” Melanie whispered into the crook of his neck

“Yeah?” He shivered

“How exactly did I get from the beach to my bed?”

“I carried you!” Alex stated as if this was the most obvious thing in the world.

Melanie pulled herself on top of him, locking her arms at either side of his shoulder, and tilted her head down to look into his eyes

“Really?”

“Uh-huh!” He proudly announced.

“I’m sure you loved holding me wherever without having me yell at you.”

Alex’s face flushed with a mock-offended look, “You make me sound like such a whore!”

“Coming from the kid who’s naked and won’t let me off of him”

“Don’t act like you don’t like it.” Alex teased. And truth is, she did like it. Very much.

“Okay then, game’s over,” Melanie teased. Tucking a chunk of hair behind her ear, she leaned closer to Alex’s face, propping herself up on her elbows as she cupped his cheeks.

He gladly raised his head to close the space between them as their lips hungrily meshed together. She could feel his hot breath on his tongue as their mouths fought for dominance in a series of hot, open mouthed kisses.

Melanie’s elbows collapsed as she rest of her body made contact with his, her lips now leaving a trail of kisses and bites from his lips towards his neck, down to his clavicle.

And each one elicited a new noise from the boy below her.

“mmm…Melanie,” Alex gasped as she nibbled on his neck. This wasn’t the first time he had said (or moaned) her name, but it sounded different now. Like he was trying to say something.

“Mhm?” The girl above him mumbled, her mouth still occupied with a different task

“I’m naked,”

“..no shit?”

“And if you we don’t stop this soon, things are going to get very awkward for the both of us.”

Catching Alex’s drift, with a giggle Melanie pulled herself off of him, off of the bed. She bent over to place one last kiss on his lips.

Alex followed, pulling himself with the sheet held over him, mumbling something about a shower.

With a mischievous grin, she pranced off into the other room, mentally mocking herself for ever thinking that going to camp wouldn’t be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you guys for all the comments! they make me feel loved :')

keep them coming?

sorry if this was long. but it'd be too short if i split them up and agsdalwheaskd

Chapter Title Credit; Kids in Love - Mayday Parade