It's Complicated

Those Marks

Sunday rolled around and I was lying on my bed, head buried in my pillows. It was around twelve in the afternoon when I felt someone tapping on my shoulder, attempting to wake me up. Growling like an angry grizzly I try to swat their hand away.

For another couple minutes someone shakes me. I, of course, do not move and stay in my comfortable position on my bed, wanting nothing more but to sleep in until five in the afternoon, but whoever it was, was determined to wake me up.

“:Go away,” I try, but no they don’t listen. Instead they laughed and recognized it as none other than Ronnie.

“Bum, stop sleeping in so late and get up already,” he says.

“No,” I cry. “Let me sleep a little longer.”

“Come on man, I’m bored. You have to wake up and entertain me!”

I scoff. “Why would I do that?”

“Because you’re my best friend, dumb ass. Now get up or I’m throwing ice on you.” Ronnie laughed manically.

Groaning once more I push up and glare. “I hate you so much.”

Laughing, Ronnie throws some clothes at me, telling me to put them on because we’re leaving. Where? I have no idea, but I found myself a couple minutes later, yawning and nearly asleep in the passenger seat of Ronnie’s car.

“Where are we going?” I ask curiously.

“Swimming,” Ronnie answers. “Paine is supposed to already be there so we’ll meet up with him.”

I rub my eyes, groaning an answer out. I really had no idea what I said, so I’m sure Ronnie didn’t either. About fifteen minutes later we were at the pool. It was indoor, which is why it was opened during the ending of winter.

Ronnie and I jumped out, he threw a pair of trunks at me and I sighed, “Too tired to swim.”

Ronnie rolled his eyes at me and dragged me to the pool. He paid for us both before we moved into the changing room where we put on our swim trunks and went out to find Paine sitting at the pool with his feet in.

He was wearing a pair of red swim trunks along with a white t-shirt, which wasn’t surprising at all. Whenever we did go swimming, he normally never went it, partially because he didn’t know how to swim.At least that’s what he says.

“Paine!” I shout, running his way. Paine tensed for a moment when I wrapped my arms around him from behind. When he realized it was me he sighed in relief.

“Hey,” he greets me with a grin. “Took you long enough. I’m guessing it took Ronnie a while to wake you up.”

“Shut up. I can’t help it. I enjoy sleeping,” I whine, letting go of Paine before hopping into the pool.

The water was cool, feeling good on my skin. I grinned, the water only coming up to my waist. Of course, Paine would stay class to the short end. I guess that’s a good thing though, just in case he fell in he wouldn’t drown.

We wouldn’t want them to perform CPR now would we?I might get jealous. Ignore that thought.

Ronnie jumped in next to me. We both tried to talk Paine into getting into the water, but he sighed and answered, “I told you two before. I can’t swim.”

“Don’t you want to learn?” Ronnie asks.

“No. I don’t really like the water anyways.”

I roll my eyes and grabbed a hand full of water, throwing it on him. Ronnie and I laughed as Paine growled, “Asshole.”

For the rest of the evening Ronnie and I swam and occasionally tried to pull Paine in. Eventually he got away from the pool but Ronnie and I got out to jump him, soaking him. He got mad and threw us both back into the water, laughing about how easy it was to get us off.

“No fair! You’re like fifty billion pounds of muscle,” Ronnie whined.

Paine glared at him. “Fifty billion pounds? Do you want to die Ronnie?”

“I said of muscle.”

Laughing, I kicked my legs wildly, splashing Paine until he went back to sit down and away from me. Ronnie went back to swimming and I probably would have if I hadn’t seen it.

Paine’s white shirt was now pretty much see through. My eyes normally would have went straight to Ronnie, who was wet and half naked. Why wouldn’t I look? But this time, they didn’t, instead staying trained on the marks I could see through Paine’s shirt.

His back was bruised and scratched and something told me that he was lying. Something told me he could swim, he just didn’t want us to see those marks…those marks that I had no idea if they were actually there or not or how he got them…

But I needed to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
My foot is falling asleep...
And please read my new story with StraightUpHustler_
How A Heart Breaks

Comment&Subscribe?