It's Complicated

I'm Not Scared

The grin on Ronnie’s face only made my blushing worsen. Of course, he’d find amusement in this.

“So let me get this straight…you had a wet dream about Paine and now you don’t know what to do?”

“Pretty much…yeah,” I answer, squirming a little under Ronnie’s gaze.

I still felt a little weak whenever I looked into his eyes. The butterflies were still there, but they weren’t as strong. My heart still quickened when he was around, but again it wasn’t as bad as before.

My feelings towards Ronnie were slowly disappearing and now I was getting the feelings for Paine. It was weird…unexpected, and just…I don’t know weird! I know I said that, but that’s the best way to explain it.

I’ve been so used to liking Ronnie that thinking about anyone else felt strange, especially Paine. Why? Because he was the one I always talked to about Ronnie, he was like a brother to me, but at the same time he wasn’t. You get what I mean?

Probably not.

“So…why don’t you just tell him?”



“Ow!”

“Are you crazy?” I screeched after I had gotten a good hit to Ronnie’s huge head. “I can’t tell him that! He wouldn’t believe me anyways, because you know…besides there is no way Paine can like me!”

“Yes there is.”

“Shut up! He doesn’t and I know it.”

“Mm and how do you know that?”

I slam my fist against my bed. “Because I just do, damn it!”

“I think you just won’t tell him because you’re scared that he doesn’t like you back.”

I growl and cross my arms. Glaring at my innocent TV I grumble, “I’m not scared.”

“Pussy,” Ronnie teased.

I sighed and fell back onto my bed. Ronnie sat silently at the bottom while I stared up at the ceiling. I really didn’t know what to do. Things were weird. Before it was all about Ronnie and now it’s all about Paine. Now don’t tell me that you wouldn’t feel weird if you were in my position.

“How about we invite some friends over to help get your mind off things?” Ronnie suggest with a caring smile.

I wave my head, not really caring.

~

“But it’s fun!”

“It’s childish.”

“And childish isn’t fun?”

“No, it’s annoying.”

“Fuck you, spin the bottle is the shit!”

I was currently seated between Ronnie and Paine. Janet and Kyle were arguing over whether we should play spin the bottle. Kyle claimed that it was a childish game while Janet wanted to play because she wanted to kiss her crush, Ashton, who was here.

Of course only a couple of people knew that.

Sighing, I scratch my head and say, “If you don’t want to play Kyle then don’t.”

“But that’ll make me look like a pussy.”

“You are a pussy,” Paine butts in with a snicker.

Kyle grumbled some profanity before placing the bottle in the middle. Janet cheered and called to spin it first. For a while it never came to me, but eventually I had to kiss some one, which it ended up being Kyle who was definitely not too happy about that and neither was I, but that was how the game goes.

I spun the bottle and I bet you all are like ‘oh my god it’s going to land on Paine!’ Nope, thankfully it didn’t, but for a second I actually wished it did, because it landed on Ronnie, who was currently looking at the bottle like it was an alien.

I took a glance at Paine, whose mouth was set in a frown. His eyes darted away from us to the opposite side of the room.

“Well, it’s just a kiss right?” Ronnie chuckles, but I could tell he was just as nervous about this as I was.

Nodding my head, I lean over, unsure if Ronnie was really ok with this. We all knew that he was as straight as a pin and this was probably extremely weird for him. After what felt like forever I kissed him.

It was exactly like I used to dream it to be. His lips were soft, warm…addicting. I felt my eyes flutter shut, only adding to the feeling. Someone made a cat call just before we separate.

I knew I was blushing like mad, but Ronnie didn’t seem phased. Of course, he had to say something funny afterwards. “Now, now, I know it’s hard, but you have to resist the urges.”

Everyone around laughs while I roll my eyes. It was Ronnie’s turn to spin the bottle. I didn’t watch to see who it landed on because I was too focused on the empty space beside me.

Paine had left…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm thinking about deleting "Show Me Love" and replacing it
How many of you will be pissed if I do that?
Cuz I really don't like that story, it isn't going as I hoped it would

Oh and I'm working on the next ch. now :]

Comment&Subscribe?