It's Complicated

Maybe One Day

“Are you into that freaky shit with whips and chains? Because there is no way in hell that’s a normal hickey!”

Ronnie swatted my hand away. “Man, don’t point it out. That’s why I’m wearing a bandana, so no one sees it!”

“Answer my question you ass. That shit is scabbed over, I’m pretty sure that isn’t supposed to happen!” I proclaimed, poking around the bruised and scabbed area on his neck.

“No I’m not into that and damn it Noah, it isn’t scabbed,” Ronnie whined, trying once more to get my hand away.

“Well then she has a disease.”

“She does not!”

“Does too! Have you looked at it?”

“Yeah.”

“Don’t tell me it doesn’t look strange to you.” I place both hands on my hips while I try to examine it with just my eyes. She’s an alien, that’s the only explanation. She’s an alien and she put a probe in his neck by “giving him a hickey”.

Ronnie sighed and gave me one of those looks that clearly stated he’d kick my ass if I mentioned it. Raising my arms in surrender I turn on my heels and begin heading to my next class with Ronnie not too far behind.

Ronnie and I sat in our first period together, laughing away at the shiny bald spot our teacher had. It reminded me of a waxed turtle shell. It shined so bright it could probably blind someone. Of course we got caught because our laughs were too hard to contain and we eventually interrupted the entire class.

We got kicked out of class and told to go to the principal’s office, but instead we roamed the halls, going to look for the third musketeer, Paine.

We found him in the usual, just outside the gym doors having a smoke.

“Paine!” Ronnie shouted, running full speed at the brunette.

Paine raised an eyebrow and just barely dodged the speeding bullet. We both chuckled when Ronnie ran into the dumpster, whining and rubbing his now red nose.

“That wasn’t nice.”

“Then greet me like a normal person,” Paine laughed. “I don’t feel like getting tackled, I might lose my smoke.”

“You should really quit,” I say, pointing towards the smoking stick between his fingers. “You know cigarettes kill more people then weed does.”

“So are you telling me to do weed?”

Ronnie gasped, “Bad Noah!”

“No!” I laughed, punching Paine’s arm playfully. “Dick, don’t turn what I say back at me or I’ll kick your ass.”

Ok, so we all know Paine would win a fight between us, but I can pretend right?

“Scary,” he says sarcastically before putting out his cancer stick.

The three of us sat outside for the rest of the period, talking, hanging out, and just enjoying ourselves. It wasn’t too long afterwards that the bell rang for the next class. The three of us stood and Ronnie waved good-bye, heading to his next class and Paine and I going to ours.

It was kind of funny how Ronnie was my best friend, but I spent more time with Paine. I guess it was because Ronnie had a girlfriend and Paine was always trying to get out of his house, always saying he “wants some fresh air.”

I just think he doesn’t have a good home life, because I’ve never been allowed to go over. Suspicious? I think so, but lets forget about that and talk about Amy, who was in this class with Paine and I.

I wanted to rip her apart when I saw her sit on another guys lap. She giggled, flipped her blonde locks over her shoulder, before pretty much shoving her chest in the boys’ face. It was like they were having sex in class, the way they were groping each other.

I grimaced.

“Get a room whore!” Paine shouted and it was kind of funny, because as soon as he said whore Amy looked back.

The two of us cracked up after she flicked us the bird and looked away.

“Women,” Paine sighs.

I laughed, but it died down after our teacher walked in.

I kept my eyes on Amy. I hated how she took advantage of being with Ronnie. He was a great guy and I’d die to get with him.

I hate how she flirts with other guys like she’s single. I hate how she’s a slut and Ronnie doesn’t even realize it. I hate how I don’t have the guts to tell him that his girlfriend is pretty much cheating on him with every guy in school…

But…I’m just scared to lose him is all. I mean, you wouldn’t want to risk losing your best friend right?

Maybe one day I will tell him…maybe I won’t…
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 5 is when things start to get complicated :D
I'm almost done with six so...you know what to do!

Comment&Subscribe?