It's Complicated

She Is A Fake

Screw being in love with your best friend. Yes it sucks, but it doesn’t suck as much as this. This right here just blows some major vinegar tasting monkey balls. Yes, it’s that bad.

What sucks is walking in on your best friend’s girlfriend fucking another guy in a public restroom. Not only is that gross, but it’s just downright wrong and it only makes the complications I have with Ronnie worse.

Yes, I’ve seen Amy do things with other guys before. Yes, I’ve seen the girl flirt with other men and I saw the way she looked at other guys, but this…I’ve never seen her do something like this. It makes me sick. It makes me angry that she’d actually take advantage of his trust.

Ronnie is an amazing guy. He is the definition of perfect. Everyone loves him because he has such an amazing personality, but this bitch is taking advantage of him…

I jogged out of the restroom in rage. I wasn’t waiting anymore. I wasn’t taking this anymore.

I was telling him.

I was going to tell Ronnie everything. I’m going to tell him what I saw every day. I’m going to tell him what I saw today. If he didn’t believe me then…I guess he’ll learn the hard way. I’m his friend though and I have to at least warn him that his girlfriend is a back stabbing whore.

I was nervous, scared, and afraid that I was going to lose my best friend, but I felt like I had to do this. When the bell rang I moved straight to Ronnie’s locker. He didn’t see me coming so he panicked when I grabbed hold of his jacket, but as soon as he realized that it was me dragging him to an empty janitor’s closet he settled.

“What’s up? Why are we in a closet?” He asks eyes wide, cute, and innocent like a five year old boy. I wanted to smile, but I couldn’t no matter how hard I tried.

“We need to talk,” I say, my voice serious and it made Ronnie realize that this was no joking matter. His little boy face fell and he frowned.

“What’s wrong?” He asks voice now as serious as my own.

“It’s about Amy.”

“What about her? Is she ok? She isn’t-”

“She’s fine,” I cut him off. Sighing, I try to think of a way to put this. Do I just go out and say it? I don’t think that’s such a great idea. Maybe I should ease into it? “She…you can’t trust her.”

“What do you mean?” Ronnie laughs completely oblivious to his girlfriends’ actual actions.

I scratched my head, a frown marring my face. Ok…maybe I should just blurt it out. Ronnie is too oblivious to everything to understand what I mean…ok…well here I go.

“She’s cheating on you.”

It was like a nightmare, watching his face break. His eyes went wide and face fell to an emotionless mask, one that I couldn’t read. I couldn’t see if he believed me or not. I was getting worried when he said nothing after a couple of minutes. I was starting to get a bit anxious as the silence around us only seemed to get worse and worse…until finally Ronnie spoke.

It made me wish that I hadn’t said anything.

“You’re just saying that because you’re jealous.”

“What?” I ask, my eyes going wide. He knew?

“You heard me. You’re just jealous. I’m not stupid Noah! I see the way you look at me, I see the way you look at Amy and I. I know you like me, but don’t you go making up shit about my girlfriend just to get into my pants you faggot!”

I don’t know what hurt worse, hearing him saying that to me or knowing the he honestly didn’t trust me. I’m supposed to be his best friend, but he can’t even believe me about this? And…how did he know? How long did he know? Paine didn’t tell him did he? No, he wouldn’t betray me like that.

Growling, I realize that it doesn’t matter how or when he found out. The only thing that did matter was telling Ronnie that I wouldn’t just make this up. “I’m not lying! It’s the truth, I saw her with another guy today. Why the hell would I make this up and risk losing you?”

“I just said, because you’re jealous!”

“That doesn’t make sense!”

“It does, now stop making shit up Noah. Amy wouldn’t do that ok, she just wouldn’t!” Ronnie screamed, shoving me while doing so.

I stumbled backwards, knocking a few things over as I did so. I snarled before shoving Ronnie right back, my voice becoming louder. “Dumb ass, I’m your best friend I wouldn’t make this shit up!”

Ronnie shook his head angrily. He shoved me once more before screaming, “I can’t believe you’d lie about something like that! You asshole.”

Ronnie moved to leave. He opened the door and nearly got away, but I reached out fast and grabbed a hold of his wrist. I forced the boy to stop so I could say, “Please Ronnie, just listen. I wouldn’t lie about this. I know you like her a lot, but it’s true. She is a fake.”

Ronnie looked back at me, eyes cold, before he shoved me to the ground. I yelped when I tumbled into the closet, a broom stick falling to hit my head. I whined and rubbed my sore head before looking up at Ronnie to see the glare he was throwing at me.

“Stop lying and get over me Noah.”

“This isn’t about that though!” I tried, but nothing seemed to get through to him.

“Fuck you. Don’t talk to me! Don’t talk to me again you bastard!”

I flinched at his harsh tone. He was mad, he was really mad. Maybe I shouldn’t have told him? Maybe I should have let him find out on his own? But wouldn’t that just…make me a bad friend?

“Please Ronnie,” I tried again, my head reaching out to his, but he ripped it away fast.

He didn’t look at me; his hair hid his eyes, as he spoke, “Just…get over me Noah. Move on, there’s other people, like Paine, out there for you.”

I raised an eyebrow, wondering how Paine fit into all this and why he even brought him up and why he mentioned me moving on with Paine. He was more of a brother then me to anything…but I had no time to think about that.

I jumped to my feet fast and went to move after Ronnie, but our fight was longer then I thought. The bell rang and soon kids were running the halls, hoping to get home and it only took a couple of seconds for me to lose the boy in the crowd.

I shouldn’t have told him…I ruined everything…

~

I don’t know how long I cried, minutes, hours, days…ok that’s being over dramatic, but I know I cried for a long time and Paine held me the entire time. He let me soak his shirt, cling to him for dear life, scream, throw things, he let me do it all and didn’t make fun of me for any of it. He just…held me.

And when I finally finished, when my ears were dried up and no more tears could fall he finally spoke, “He’ll learn the hard way I guess.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, the drama begins!

Comment&Subscribe?