Status: Completed

Does Your Lack of Conscience Tell You Everything's Alright?

Chapter 4

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm fine," I reply.

He releases my arm and stares at my face. I stare into his as well, trying to place it. My mind is fuzzy from lack of food.

"You look kind of familiar," he says.

"Alex, hurry up," another man whines.

The man with caterpillars for eyebrows, also known as Alex, turns to the other man, whose hair looks a lot like a skunk or a black and blonde cat.

"Jack, shut the fuck up. I know you want to see August but you spent all of yesterday making out with her in front of me. Is that not enough for you?"

August? As in August from our dance team?

The fuzz clears from my mind. I know who this is. This is August's brother. The one Aaron thinks is hot.

"No," replies Jack.

"Well you're supposed to be waiting till she turns eighteen to be doing that crap anyway. You can wait two fucking seconds while I talk to someone."

Jack crosses his arms over his chest and pouts. Alex turns to me, a smile on his face.

That smile gives him a boyish charm. It's not scary in any way. It's nothing like Jeffery's smile. I like it. Warmth spreads in my stomach. Could it be possible that I have a crush on August's older brother?

That would get me in loads of trouble.

"I'm sorry about that," he says.

"It's fine."

"So like I was saying, you look familiar. Were you in the dance competition with my sister?"

I nod.

"You were the school teacher, right?"

I nod again.

Jeffery enjoyed that performance. But he was kind of jealous that I flaunted myself around the stage like I did. He made me show him that I loved him that night. My mouth hurt horribly from being held open so long. It still hurts. The competition was only a few days ago.

"You guys were amazing," Alex continues.

"Thanks."

"So, August told me I could watch you guys practice today. Could you help me find the room; I'm kind of lost?" he asks.

There are only six rooms in the building. How can he be lost?

Unless he's trying to flirt.

I wouldn't know if he was. I haven't flirted with a boy before. I've never been allowed to. Jeffery would never allow any of that. I'm his little girl; I belong to him. He's made sure that I remember that every night.

I've never been to a school in the first place.

"Sure. I'm headed that way," I reply.

"Cool. Come on Jack."

I start walking towards the room. Alex follows next to me; Jack is behind us somewhere, following like a puppy.

"I didn't get your name," Alex says.

Alice.

"Elizabeth," I reply.

"I'm Alex."

"Nice to meet you."

Once upon a time, a princess known as Elizabeth met a prince named Alex. He made her heart beat faster than anyone she had ever met. For a second she forgot about Jeffery, the villain who stole her identity.

But when she did remember, her heart broke because she knew Alex couldn't save her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to meehyounincompoop, vegi falling out (commented twice), v i v o l e t t e ., followmedown, xoNatasha5xo, CypherToorima, LoveXofXYourXLife, and Diiamondz.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
Did you guys honestly think I was mean enough to make her run into someone who wasn't Alex?
.... Well I might be, but I didn't.
I added a layout!
Exciting, right?
And this story started showing up again in the search tags thing,
As well as a whole bunch of stories that weren't there before.
So I hope you enjoyed.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste