Status: will be updated on valentine's day :D

A Recipe For Disaster

XXVII

♠ Felix ♠

How dare that bitch come here and have the fucking nerve to announce she’s pregnant! I knew who she was. Her name is Madeline Kinney. A friend of a friend of a friend.

I also knew she was lying. She had to be. Alex… he couldn’t have possibly…

In a fit of annoyance I called up Jesse.

“Who is this?” Jesse responded with a pant in his voice.

Ahh shit! I totally forgot that I broke things off with Jesse…and yet I kept his number?

“Jesse. Look I know things went down badly, but I need… help,” I murmured, still not having answered his question.

“…Felix, look, this isn’t a good time,” he sighed.

“Oh… are you with someone?” I frowned, then realized I had no right to even be jealous—and I shouldn’t even have called him up in the first place, let alone keep his number.

“What? Oh, no, gosh, no I meant…um… I’m…you know,” he grumbled and I had to suppress my laughter. “Hold on, you’re on speaker.”

Oh my god, he was jer—

“Right,” I coughed, composing myself. “Um, look sorry for calling randomly, um, I still had your number… and well, do you know if Madeline Kinney is pregnant?” I blurted out, not even sure if Jesse knew her.

“Madeline Kinney? As in Tom’s girlfriend?” He replied, although his voice was far off, indicating he was probably cleaning up.

“Um, who the hell is Tom? And what—she has a boyfriend?!” I shouted in the receiver.

“Hey, and yes. Tom's a mate. They've been going out on and off for five years now actually. Why? What do you mean pregnant?” He questioned and I was seriously thinking of dropping my phone, running hysterically into Alex’s room and blabbing my big mouth.

“Pregnant as in bun in oven, BUN-IN-OVEN GOD DAMN IT! Fucking shit!” I hissed and tugged at my fringe in utter annoyance.

“Felix calm down. So what if she is? I mean, not that I support getting pregnant before getting married, but…”

“You don’t understand! That…slut came to our front door claiming she was pregnant with my best friend Alexander’s child, as if she wanted him to take responsibility for her mistake,” I growled and had half a mind to hang the fuck up and go on a rampage.

“Felix, Felix, calm down, seriously. I’ll ask around. Hell, I’ll ask Tom about it. I’ll get back to you when I get the right story, okay?”

“Okay. Thank you so much. Sorry again for… interrupting?” I offered and he chuckled.

“It’s fine. Oh, and Felix?” He said the latter softly.

“Yeah?” I hummed.

“I miss you.”

And the thing is, I could see the sad smile he was wearing now and at that moment I truly missed him too.

♠ Jesse ♠

Felix hung up without saying anything and I pursed my lips.

Okay so maybe he doesn’t like me anymore…

I shook my head and collected my bearings.

Madeline Kinney. Pregnant?

Rummaging through my bed sheets to find my phone, I searched for Tom in my contacts and rang him up.

“Tom… um sorry that I’m calling to ask this, and it may be imposing, but… is Madeline pregnant?” I blurted out and Tom started to choke on air.

“WHAT?!” He exclaimed. “She’s pregnant?! Oh my—”

And then he hung up.

What the fuck was that?

I checked call history and hit the call button on the unfamiliar number and hoped to God I didn’t just ruin the relationship…

Well, I think I should’ve thought that through. Damn it all.

“Jesse?” Felix spoke.

“Look, I just called Tom, and I think he freaked out but then he hung up on me. Felix, I think I probably killed their relationship,” I bit my lip and sat on edge of my bed.

“Listen, Jesse, thanks for getting back to me—and so quickly for that matter but right now I’m booking a flight for Alex and Audrina. They’re flying back tonight. I don’t think the information we have right now will really help. Whatever happens from here on in, it’s going to be settled 12 hours away,” he sighed tiredly.

“Oh… oh…” I pondered aloud. Felix would have to stay here to sort this ordeal. “Anything you need, Felix, I’m here.”

“Thanks. Oh and, just so you know, I miss you too. Bye.”

With a smile, I fell back onto my bed. A small smile playing on my lips.

♠ Audrina ♠

Alexander was currently in one of the guest rooms, patiently waiting while I packed all my things.

This whole nightmare, from the beginning was never going to work. What the fuck was my mother thinking? What could possible compel her to think an arranged marriage could ever work.

I stuffed the last lot of shirts into my bag and zipped everything up tight; attaching the padlocks and pocketing the keys.

Walking out of the room I shouted something along the lines of “it’s your turn to pack asshole. Hurry the fuck up,” and dropped my bags at the bottom of the stairs.

“Audrina, sorry it had to be this way, but I’m trying to find out what’s going on,” Felix informed me.

“Right. What time is our flight?” I questioned.

“11:30pm.”

With a sad smile and a nod, Felix left me to myself. I looked around, staring around the lobby of this mansion. Did everything that happen just really happen? It seemed like only a short while ago that we came here to “settle our differences” and now we were just leaving. Because of one little fuck up, thanks to a certain someone.

I sighed heavily, suddenly weighted by the situation and just tired of being conscious and actually thinking.

This was for the best.

-----------------------

For the whole car ride, I looked out the window and watched everything flit by me in a blur.

I wasn’t even aware of the moment we said goodbye to Felix and boarded our plane.

For some reason, I don’t even know why Felix bothered with the first class tickets. But as soon as drowsiness settled in, I was grateful that we had that luxury to recline our seats into beds.

When I arose from sleep we were already flying over America.

It started in America, now this is where it ends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Evidently, I am hurrying this up soooo much - hence, the filler.
& DON’T FRET. DEPSITE THE TITLE THIS IS NOT THE END! Yet.
I was going to put in Alex’s but that’s in next chapter.

And hey Jesse’s back! The awkward moment when Felix calls and Jesse's doing something? Remember when I kicked Jesse out of the picture so Felix looked like he did it with Audrina? (No? Yeah me either; I had to Ctrl F to find where Jesse was in my 126 page word document) And so he’s back now, and I didn’t even plan for this to happen xD

Just a quick heads up – 4 more chapters excluding epilogue. So 5 chapters to go including epilogue xD Let’s finish this baby >:3 Speaking of, I find it funny that they just up and left without informing the allegedly pregnant bitch. And I just LOL’d hard when I was writing Felix’s dialogue and he’s like BUN IN OVEN GODDAMNIT! Obviously, I’m such a loser :)

Thanks to all recent commenters ~ Let's me know people are still reading this haha.