Pandora's Box

She's Already Sleeping

"Are you alright?" Val asked as the two of us sat in the dressing room of yet another venue.

I nodded, "I just have a stomach ache."

"Didn't you have a stomach ache yesterday?" she asked.

I nodded again, wrapping an arm protectively over my abdomen, "I think this is the same one that hasn't gone away."

"Sweetie, maybe you should go and see a doctor or something. How long have you been feeling sick for?"

"The last, like, week or something I've had stomach aches on and off. I thought it was just cramps, you know? But I haven't come on or anything. It's probably just my body getting used to touring and stuff," I shrugged, squeezing my eyes shut as another stab of pain came from my stomach.

Val looked unconvinced, "You've been on tour for almost four weeks now, I think it's a little more serious than that."

"I'll just take some painkillers and go to bed. I'll be fine," I tried to reassure her, I really wasn't a fan of doctors or hospitals.

"I'll come with you in the morning if you'd like?" she asked.

Zacky and Brian appeared in the doorway.

"Who's going where with who?" Brian asked, leaning on the door frame as Zacky sat next to me on the decaying couch.

"I'm going to take Aubrey to the doctor's tomorrow," Val informed him.

Zacky turned to me, "Your stomach still hurting?"

I nodded and curled into his soft, warm body. He kissed the top of my head and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Do you want to head back to the bus and get some sleep? You don't have to stick around here," he said quietly, running his hand up and down my back.

I shook my head, burrowing deeper into his chest and mumbled, "No, I'm okay staying here. I have to call Sid and I was gonna watch you guys play."

He sat back and held my face in his hands, "You sure? You don't look so good."

"I'll be fine," I nodded, "I'll just take some more pain pills."

He looked at me, "And you'll go to the doctor in the morning?"

I looked into his green eyes and saw they were full of love and concern and melted under his touch, "Sure," I agreed softly.

He kissed me sweetly, "I'm sure everything will be fine."

"Yeah," I smiled halfheartedly.

comments = ♥