Status: Finished

Its In The Past, Now Lets Try And Focus On The Future - Alex Gaskarth

Chapter 11

Several days later we were in Florida, close to home. I was so excited because I would be able to sleep in my own bed, even if just for tonight.

I ran across the parking lot that the buses were parked in. I was still in my pajamas, but I was way too excited to change. I quickly typed in the code to All Time Low’s bus that had taken me at least an hour to guess. I ran up the stairs and saw Zach sitting on the couch on his Mac.

“Hey Zach!” I exclaimed.

“Hi, Willow,” He responded, without looking at me, “Jack’s the only one still here, Alex and Rian left to get lunch.”

“But it’s like three in the afternoon.” I pointed out. Zach just shrugged. I sighed, that was probably all I was going to get out of him. I continued through the bus to the bunks. I pulled open Jack’s curtain to see him still sleeping.

“WAKE UP YOU LAZY ASS!” I screamed in his ear. He sat up instantly and smashed his head against the top of the bunk.

“Willow,” He whined, “Why? It’s our day off.” I just laughed at him. He glared at me and sprang from his bunk. He began to hit me in the head with his pillow. I squealed and reached across and grabbed Alex’s off his bed. We began a very violent pillow fight. I swung my arms back and whacked him on the back he fell to the ground.

“I surrender,” Jack said, “I really have to pee anyways!” He said running to the bathroom. I laughed and picked up Alex’s pillow to put back into his bunk. As I did something square fell out of the inside of his pillow case. I arched my eyebrows. It looked like a picture, but it landed with the back side up. I quickly put Alex’s pillow back and picked up the picture.

My jaw dropped when I flipped it over. It was an old picture of Alex and me. I remember the day this picture was taken. It was in tenth grade. When everyone was still happy and best friends. I gently ran my fingers over the picture where Alex’s face was. A tear feel from my eyes and landed over his smiling face.

“I love you,” I whispered to the picture.

“Well it took you long enough,” A voice said, I jumped and spun around. There stood Zach with his arms crossed and smirk across his face. I quickly put the picture back in Alex’s bunk and whipped my eyes.

“You may have broken his heart back then without even realizing it, but he has never forgotten about you.” Zach said. I gave him a questioning look.

“Here,” Zach said. He took a step closer to me and took something out of his back pocket. It was a CD. He handed it to me.

“What is this?” I asked, taking the CD from his hand.

“It’s a CD,” He said, I gave him a ‘duh’ look. “It’s every All Time Low song we have ever written. Listen to it, you’ll understand.” I nodded and slowly walked off the bus and back to Hey Mondays. I looked at the clock. We would be home in about an hour; I would listen to it then.