Status: Finished

Its In The Past, Now Lets Try And Focus On The Future - Alex Gaskarth

Chapter 7

The next morning I was up and dressed before everyone. I through on my colorful Nike Dunks grabbed my board and headed out the door. I was more confused than happy today and I just wanted everything to be okay. I wanted everything between Alex and me to be okay so bad. I had ruined the most important friendship to me and I wanted it back. I had never wanted anything more in my life, and I wasn’t 100% sure things were going to go back to normal.

I let out a much exaggerated sigh and kicked my board up into my hands and began to walk. As I was passing one of the buses the door opened and Andrew from The Friday Night Boys walked out.

“Oh, hey,” He said looking up at me, “Willow, right?” He questioned and stuck his hand out for me.

“Hey, and yeah,” I said, “What are you doing up so early?” I questioned.

“I don’t know, wasn’t very tired anymore.” He shrugged, “Want to go get coffee with me?” I nodded yes and we headed towards a nearby star bucks.

For the next couple of days I got to know and hung out with Andrew, Robby, Mike and Chris. They were awesome guys to hang with and we all got along.

I hadn’t seen Alex, but I have also been hanging out with Jack and Rian a lot.

~x0x~

I was currently on Andrews shoulders heading to the set. The show started soon and they played first.

“Please play Molly Make out!” I screamed in his ear. “Pretty, please with a cherry on top!”

“Only if you come on stage and sing it with us!” He patted my leg. I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Fine,” I said after thinking it through for a couple minutes, “But just this once!”

When we arrived they had to head right on to the stage. I stood waiting for Andrew to call me on stage when Alex stepped next to me.

“Hey Willow,” He said, not looking me in the eyes, “Where have you been these last couple of days?”

“Oh you know, around.” I said, trying to keep my gaze on the band performing and off of Alex.

“Oh, okay,” He shrugged, “You going to watch our set?”

“Uh,” I paused, and I was about to finish my sentence Andrew caught my attention.

“Now, we have a request for the lovely merch bitch for Hey Monday, Willow to play Molly Make out.” Andrew started. I squealed and jumped up and down, completely ignoring Alex.

“So we agreed to play it as long as she sang with it with me!” He yelled into the microphone. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex’s jaw drop. “So help me welcome her to the stage!”

The crowd screamed and I ran on to the stage. The band kicked right into the song and I danced until the chorus came.

Molly Molly makeout
Any time
Any guy oh oh
Just watch your back
You won't know what to do
Molly might makeout with you!

Andrew and I sang together. We then began jumping up and down together and having a blast. When the song came to an end I thanked the crowd and ran off stage. As I approached the side of the stage Alex was still standing there. I gave him a small smile and walked past him. I grabbed my board and headed down the flight of stairs that led to the door. When I felt someone grab my arm and spin me around.

“What was that about?” Alex asked a hint of anger in his eyes.

“What, the singing?’ I questioned, giving him an annoyed look. We were both standing in the stair well almost glaring at each other.

“Yeah,”

“I asked Drew if he’d sing Molly Make out and he said he would if I sung it with him, so I agreed.” I explained, “Is there something wrong with that?”

Alex was quite for a couple of minutes, as if he was trying to think of the right thing to say.

“No,” He said and he walked the rest of the way down the stairs and out the door. I growled and through my board down the rest of the stairs. It slammed into the door and a wheel flew off. I was pissed! Who did Alex think he was? It’s none of his business what I do in my life.

I sat down on the steps and put my head in my hand. A single tear feel from my eye and I whipped it away. I felt someone sit down next to me.

“You okay kiddo?” Andrew asked me as he put his arm around my shoulders.

“I don’t know Drew,” I said as another tear feel.

“I think he was jealous, if you want my honest opinion.” He said. I looked at him with wide eyes. I had told him that Alex and I had history, but I left out some details.

“Yeah fucking right, dude,” I said. I stood up and stomped down the stairs. “He just can’t let go of the past! It’s as if he just constantly wants to remind me of all the mistakes I made and all the pain I put him through!” I picked up my board and stormed out into the back parking lot. I chucked my board at a street lamp and watched as one set of trucks feel off. I ran over and picked it up and began to jump on it. Once it was in pieces and tears were streaming down my face, I ran to the bus and hid in my bunk for the rest of the night.