Status: Active

Titanic

Chapter Eight

David’s POV

I was stopped by two stewards. I looked so out of place with my third class clothes and a hat in my hand. I wanted to see Jess but they had stopped me from going into the room where they were singing.

“Look, you’re not supposed to be here.”

“I was here last night! Don’t you remember?” I saw Chuck coming towards us, “He’ll tell you!”

“Mr. Bouvier and Miss. Hutton continue to appreciate your assistance, they asked me to give you this.” Chuck took out three twenty dollar bills. I refused to take it.

“I don’t want money, I-”

“-and also to remind you that you hold a third class ticket on this ship and your presence is no longer appropriate.” I saw Jess but she couldn’t see me.

“I just have to talk to Jess for a second.”

Chuck turned to the stewards handing them the three twenties “See that Mr. Desrosiers gets back to where he belongs and stays there.”

“Yes sir!” They took the twenties and started steering me away, “Come along.” I struggled to get away from them. I needed to see Jess but knew I couldn’t. I was falling in love.

~~~~~

I walked along the deck with determination written all over my body. Seb and Jeff followed closely behind. I quickly climbed the stairs that separated 2nd class from 3rd class.

“She’s beautiful David, there’s no denying it. But she lives in a different world. She closed the door on you.”

“It was them…not her Jeff,” I looked at them “Help me up.”

Seb and Jeff nodded and took one foot each and heaved me up onto the first class deck where I scrambled to get over the railings.

“He’s not being logical.” I heard Jeff say.

“He isn’t logical anyway.” Seb replied. I walked calmly along the deck grabbing a coat and hat that was on the chair and quickly put them both on trying to make myself look like I belonged on the first class deck. As I heard Jess speaking I moved away from the railings and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and gasped. I motioned her to follow me and held open a door to a room that was empty. I’m finally alone with her again.

“David…I can’t see you anymore.” I grabbed her by the shoulders and made her look at me.

“Jess. You’re a spoiled little princess but underneath it all your strong, have a pure heart and you’re the most amazingly overwhelming girl I’ve ever known and-”

“David I-”

“No let me try and get this all out. You’re amazing and I know I don’t have anything to offer you money wise but I’m involved. You jump, I jump right? I can’t leave you knowing if you’re not going to be alright.”

I saw tears pricking at her eyes, threatening to fall “You’re making this really hard. I’ll be fine, really I will.”

“I don’t think you will be. They’ve got you locked up! You can’t do anything without everyone having to know where you are. And you’re going to die if you don’t do something. Maybe not know but ‘cause your strong. But sooner or later the fire is going to go out.”

“It’s not up to you to save me David.”

“You’re very right. Only you can do that.”

“I have to get back. They would have missed me but please for both of our sakes leave me alone.”

~~~~~

I sighed as I leaned over the rails looking down at the ocean below. The sunset making different colors bounce off as a reflection. This was my favorite spot on the ship. I closed my eyes feeling the wind hit me in the face. It felt nice against my hot face.

“Hello David,” I jumped at the sound of her voice and turn around, “I’ve changed my mind.”
I smiled at her, taking in her appearance. Her cheeks were red from the cold and her eyes were sparkling. Her hair was flowing freely around her face.

“Sebastien said you might be u-”

“Shhh…come here,” I put my hand out and she grabbed it. It put my arms around her waist, “Close your eyes.” I smiled as she did and I turned her around so she faced forward. I took her hands and placed them in front of her so they were outstretched at her sides. She was going along with me and I took my hands away from her arms so her arms looked like wings.

“Open your eyes.” I take it she had opened them by the way she gasped. There was nothing in her sight line but water. It looked like we were flying with no ship underneath us.

“I’m flying!” She leant forward arching her back and I put my hands on her waist to steady her. I smiled as I start singing softly. The song we were singing after the party. She leant back gently pressing her back into my chest. I pushed forward slightly into her. I slowly raised my hands upwards and along her outstretched arms until I reached her hands, our fingertips gently touching. Then I intertwined our fingers and our fingers caressed through and around each other like we were lovers. I tipped my head forward into her blowing hair until my cheek my ear was against her cheek. She turned her head to look at me. Our lips were so close. She lowered her arms turning more and I found my mouth with hers. I wrapped my arms around her from where I was standing with her head turned and tilted back like she was surrendering to me, to the emotion, to the inevitable. We kissed slowly, tremulously and then the kiss began to build with passion. She put her hand on the back of my neck as it became even more heated and passionate. When we pulled away, she looked at me with so much emotion in my eyes.

“Will you do a portrait of me?” She asked.

I nodded and helped her down from the railings. She smiled at me as she led me to her room which was up a deck from where we were minutes before. She opened the door to her room and it was amazingly elegant. The woodwork was like a dream. There were pictures on the walls from various artists.

“Will this light do? Don’t artists need good light?” She asked.

“That is true but I am not used to working in such elegant conditions,” I gasped as I saw a particular picture “Hey! Monet, isn’t his work great? His use of color is amazing.”

I watched as Jess walked into a separate room. I watched her as she tried to open the safe taking out a necklace. She walked back out to me showing me it.

“Pierre brought me this.” She handed it to me and I took it from her nervously.

“What is it? A sapphire?”

“Diamond. Very rare diamond.” I gazed at it, the reflection coming from the diamond bounced off the wood.

“It’s incredible.” I commented.

She nodded “Yes it is,” I saw her gulp, “I want you to draw me wearing this.”

I bobbed my head not looking at her “Wearing…only this.”

I snapped my head to look at her. I was surprised that she had asked me to do this for her.

“Very well…but if you change your mind I won’t pressure you.” I smiled.

She shook her head “I won’t change my mind.”
♠ ♠ ♠
;) I'll update soon...I won't take as long as I used to :)