Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Dear Jimmy

Dear Jimmy,
What can I say? Avenged Sevenfold meant, and still mean, everything to me. Your music changed my life and I cannot thank you enough for your part in that. Thank you for you outrageously amazing music talent. Thank you for the Reverend Tholomew Plague.
Thousands of people have been brought together by your untimely death. Some idolised, some envied you and some downright plain hated you, but on the 28th/29th December 2009 we were one. Moments of your life were relived worldwide by your Deathbats.
I only ever got the chance to see you live once. On 1st August 2009 I ran my way into Marlay Park in Dublin, Ireland just so I could get close enough to see you play. I was unlucky and didn’t get up front, but I still enjoyed every second you were behind that drum kit. I was among the fans who bowed and worshipped you during a drum solo. After your set I saw you wandering around the field before Metallica took to the stage but couldn’t get close enough to even say hello.
I idolised you so much. I heard the news at 9am (GMT) on 29th December and the tears just started falling. I’ve never understood how someone could get so upset over someone they had never met but now I do. I couldn’t believe that you could be taken from us so young. Twenty eight was too young to be taken from this world. The only reason I can think for your taking was that Heaven was getting boring so God took you to liven things up again. I sincerely hope you’re spending all your time up there wreaking havoc and destruction. Maybe you’re even chasing a few stallion ducks. :]
I’m trying to keep this letter short and simple, I’ve never liked huge essays. So to end this letter I would like to thank you again Jimmy- for everything. I hope that wherever you are you’re having fun laughing at us fans while you’re having a huge party. You were one, if not the best drummer of my time and your memory will forever live on through your fans.
I am not a religious person Jimmy, I have not gone to mass in many years, but tonight before I sleep I will pray for you; I will pray that you find peace wherever that might be.

Thank you Jimmy. May you have one hell of an afterlife and be there for all of us when we finally make our trip there.
Long Live The Reverend!!

Love,
A devoted fan.
Eefa
♠ ♠ ♠
<3