Status: I love you Jimmy!

R.I.P. Jimmy Sullivan

3/3

July 28, 2010 - 1:41 pm

It's been exactly 7 months since one of the greatest drummers to ever walk this earth passed on to the Otherworld. And yet his memory still lives on, especially now that his best friends and bandmates have finally released their long-awaited album. I went to buy it yesterday annd in my opinion, Avengned Sevenfold have never been better.

Once I got it I rushed back to my car so that I could immediately put it in the stereo and crank it on the way home. The songs gave me goosebumps the entire trip. As soon as I hit the open highway, the song that Brian wrote, So Far Away, sounded through my speakers. It seemed as if the song put me in a trance. I barely noticed my boyfriend sitting in the passenger seat of the car. I barely noticed myself driving. All that was going through my head were the beautiful, sad, and mourning lyrics that Synyster Gates spent so long on.

By the time the chorus hit I didn't even realize that I'd began to tear up. The song made me think back to a month ago, when my dad's house had caught fire and he's almost died inside it, along with our two cats. The song made me think about how my life would be without that other half of my family.

"How do I live without the ones I love?"

If I could, I would give Brian the biggest hug in the world. I hate how unfair it was that such an amazing man had to die. I hate how unfair it was that this tragedy had to happen to such great people. I hate how unfair it is that Jimmy will never get to play the drums with his best friends ever again on this earth.

"Lay away a place for me/'Cause as soon as I'm done I'll be on my way/To live on eternally"

Brian, just please allow a little more time to pass. I don't think the world is ready to lose another amazing man and human being.

R.I.P. James Owen "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan