Dear Daybreak

"Dear daybreak,"

Cameron Elliot has always been far away from the world.

"I just want you to know..."

He's the one they whisper about. The boy at the back of the class, who talks to no one and smiles to himself.

"Despite all your problems, the traps you set for me..."

He doesn't care what they think. Addison wouldn't want him to care.
Addison, who speaks in different voices sometimes, but Cam knows it's him.
Addison, who is there every second of every day.
Addison, who is his forever and always.
His wings. His Addison. For him. Always for him.

"The sunshine you bring; the people who won’t let me go..."

Addison, the ageless boy. The savior presence.
All Cameron's ever wanted is to be alone with his friend.

"I'll miss you when I'm gone."

Total word count: 3581
  1. Chapter 1/3
    "...send him flying out the door. Flying with wings. With his beautiful Addison wings. Just the two of them, flying on his wings."
  2. Chapter 2/3
    "For the first time in his life, the boy is ignoring Addison. No, not the boy. That isn’t his name. He isn’t the boy. “Say it again,” he breathes."
  3. Chapter 3/3
    "Dear daybreak, I just want you to know...Despite all your problems, the traps you set for me...The sunshine you bring; the people who won’t let me go...I'll miss you when I'm gone.