Your Song

NXT

Xx-zarah-xX

We left the airport and headed out to the hotel where all the wrestlers were staying for the night. We all got settled into our rooms and then went out for some drinks with John Hennigan [Morrison], Ron Killings [R-Truth], and Mickie James.

That night we got back really late. I think it was around 3 am when we finally got back in our rental cars. When we got back to the hotel I was really tired. Mickie and I said good night to the boys as we got in the elevator and headed up to our room.

I was just about to fall asleep when my phone started playing The After Dinner Payback by From Autumn To Ashes. Not wanting to wake Mickie – who had conked out as soon as we got in the room – I hurriedly grabbed my phone and answered it.

“Huwo?” I said sleepily.

“I think the word you were aiming for was ‘hello’ dear.” came Matt’s voice. “You kinda sounded like Scooby Doo.”

“Shut up.” I yawned.

“Were you sleeping?” he asked with a chuckle.

“No, but I’m almost there.” I said closing my eyes.

“Do you want me to hang up?” he asked. “I can call you tomorrow.”

“No.” I said getting comfy again. “I can stay awake for a little longer.”

x-later-x

I woke up the next morning and looked at the clock. I saw that it was almost 11:30 and cursed myself for not sleeping in longer; we didn’t have to be at the arena until much later tonight. I yawned and rolled over in my bed.

As I sat up and stretched, something fell into my lap. I looked down and saw that it was my phone. I suddenly remembered last night and quickly called Matt.

“Hey sleepy head.” he said. I could tell he was smiling.

“I’m so sorry about last night!” I said quickly. “I fell asleep!”

He laughed. “So much for being able to stay awake a little longer.” he said. “I think you fell asleep right after you said that. But it’s okay. It’s not like you haven’t done that sort of thing before.”

“Don’t remind me.” I muttered getting out of bed.

“But why?” he asked. “You doing things like that is one of the many reasons why I love you so much!”

“Thanks Matt.”

“Any time babe.”

I rolled my eyes as Mickie came out of the bathroom, towel drying her hair.

“I gotta go take a shower.” I said with a sigh.

“Think you might need any help with that?” Matt asked. “I’m a real good helper.”

“Good bye Matthew.” I said before hanging up.

I closed my phone and started getting my bathroom stuff and a clean set of clothes together.

“Hey Zarah.” Mickie said.

“Hmmm?” I said digging in my bag for my favorite Bullet For My Valentine shirt.

“Do you wanna hang out today?” she said coming over to me. “Just us girls? We could go shopping or something. The two of us have never really hung out alone.”

“Sure.” I said smiling. “Let me get ready and we can leave.”

x-later-x

We got back to the hotel later that day, still laughing at a new inside joke the two of us had.

We ended up just going to the local mall and walking around for a few hours. We tried actually shopping at first, but our different styles quickly put an end to that. So we got something to eat in the food court and spent the rest of the time walking around, talking, and people watching.

Once we were back in our room, we quickly got ready and headed out to the arena together.

They were taping NXT first tonight. Mickie and I went and got ready for SmackDown and then I went to find one of the backstage TV monitors. Matt and his rookie, Justin Gabriel, had a tag-team match against Carlito and his rookie, Michael Tarver for the main event tonight.

I had just settled in on top of a box, when one of the tech guys found me. He dragged me over to the dressing room that was used for backstage scenes, telling me that there was a change in the script. He handed me his copy and left, telling me there was about ten minutes until it was time for the scene.

Looking through the script, I quickly found the right page and started rehearsing my lines.

A few minutes later Matt, Justin, Carlito, and Tarver came in followed by a cameraman. We rehearsed our lines together quickly and then shot the scene for real.

Matt introduced Justin and me [supposedly for the first time]. In the middle of us talking about the match they had coming up after the commercial, Carlito and Tarver came in and interrupted us. They tried to intimidate Matt and Justin but then left when they failed, but not without Carlito spitting apple in my face first.

Carlito laughed and looked at the camera. “That was cool.” he said before leaving.

I wiped bits of chewed up apple off my face as the cameraman cut the scene and the show went to commercial break.

“I didn’t know he was gonna do that.” I said continuing to wipe my face even after it felt dry.

“No one wanted to tell you.” Matt said picking apple out of my hair. “No one thought you would want to let him do that.”

“That’s where their wrong.” I said as Justin left the room. “I would have let him. But I just wish someone would have told me what was coming.”

“I’ll tell you next time.” he said wrapping his arms around me.

“Promise?” I asked looking up at him.

He kissed my forehead. “Promise.” he said letting go of me. “Now come on, I want you at ringside for our match.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it sucked. I was half asleep when I wrote this last night. lol. Let me know what you think...
-Aiden