Your Song

Ringside

Xx-zarah-xX

This was starting to become a habit. Meisa and I were at the taping of SmackDown. We had been going to the tapings for a little over a month now. Thanks to Jeff, we once again had front row seats right next to the commentary table. We brought our signs again – and this time I made one for Matt.

We were very impatiently waiting for the show to start, when Shane came out, already dressed in his Hurricane Helms costume.

People cheered and he smiled and waved as he made his way over to us. He winked at Meisa, causing her face to turn red like a tomato – this happened a lot.

"We need you backstage." he said when he finally reached us.

"Right now?" I asked confused.

He nodded. "Jeff and Matt have a surprise for you." he said.

Shane helped me climb over the retaining wall that separated the fans from the ring, and I quickly followed him backstage.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I told you," he said smiling. "It's a surprise."

"But I don't like surprises." I mumbled.

Once we found Matt and Jeff, I found out what the big surprise was. I was going to be at ringside for their rematch against CM Punk and Luke Gallows later tonight, I would be kind of like their manager.

At first I was really excited. I was going to get to be at ringside for Matt and Jeff for their match! But then it actually sunk in – I was going to be at ringside for Matt and Jeff for their match... on TV... in front of thousands of people... when I didn't even really know what I was supposed to do...

Oh shit...

During the show, I stayed close to Jeff and Matt. They tried to joke around with me and give me advice for the match, but nothing really sunk in. I was really nervous.

Eventually I ditched them and decided that maybe if I watched some of the other matches I wouldn't be able to think about it.

I was sitting on a box, watching John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler wrestle on one of the monitors backstage; trying to ignore my stomach that always hurt when I was really nervous. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to meet the gorgeous brown eyes of Matt Hardy.

"Nervous?" he asked.

I nodded and went back to watching the match. I smiled as Morrison finally pinned Ziggler for a three count and won.

"You shouldn't be." Matt said sitting down next to me. "You'll do fine."

"How do you know that?" I asked looking at him again.

"Because," he said suddenly smiling. "I remember back in the day, during TWF and OMEGA that you used to be at ringside at every match. You always did great as me and Jeff's manager... and I seem to recall you having a bit of a yelling problem with the refs."

I smiled, suddenly flashing back to a time when I was standing at the edge of the ring cheering for the Hardy Boyz as they wrestled Shane and one of his friends as the Serial Thrillaz.

"And my cussing problem." I said.

Matt laughed. "Yeah, I remember that too. How could I forget?"

"But this is different." I said dropping my smile. "I won't just be standing by a trampoline cheering for High Voltage as he wrestles Wolverine or at the edge of the ring in some high school gym for the Hardy Boyz during a match for OMEGA."

"Well, I know you'll do fine." Matt said.

I smiled faintly as he put his arm around me. We sat in silence for a while, watching the match that was currently taking place on the monitor. It was Chris Jericho against Finlay, to my disappointment Jericho was winning.

"I'm really glad you're here, Zarah." Matt said suddenly. "I really did miss you."

"I missed you too Matt."

He pulled me into a tight hug and I was so happy I wanted to cry. I had missed him so much these past ten years, and now here we were – best friends again. I hugged him back and buried my face in his chest, like I used to do. I took a deep breath and inhaled his amazing scent; he smelled exactly the way I remembered.

"I'd hate to break up all the love going on back here," Jeff said coming over to us. "But our match is going to start soon."

I suddenly heard Jericho's music start playing. I looked at the monitor and saw that he had won the match and the commercial break had just started.

Matt and Jeff led me to the place where the wrestlers enter for the matches.

"Ready?" Jeff asked me.

I gulped loudly and nodded.

"You'll do fine." Matt said putting his arm around me again, causing my heart to skip a beat. "Just pretend like we're back in TWF."

I smiled as Loaded by Zack Tempest started playing. Jeff and Matt started heading out, I made to follow them but I just couldn't get my legs to move.

Matt turned around and motioned for me to follow him and Jeff.

"A little help please." I said.

He laughed and ran over to me. He took my hand and started pulling me out with him. Once we actually made it out of the entrance place and in front of all the people, he let go of my hand. From there I was able to make it to the ring on my own.

"This match is set for one fall." the announcer said. "Coming into the ring, from Cameron, North Carolina, accompanied by Zarah Havens-" wow that kinda surprised me. "-Matt and Jeff Hardy!"

The arena was filled with a deafening roar as we entered the ring. I looked over where Meisa was sitting. She gave me thumbs up and held up a sign that said "Hi Zarah!" in big bold sparkly red and black letters.

Was I the only one who didn't know about this?!

The music died down and Killswitch Engage started playing in its place.

"And now, coming into the ring," said the announcer. "Their opponents – CM Punk and Luke Gallows!"

I laughed when the majority of the crowd started booing them as they came out.

They entered the ring and CM Punk rammed into Jeff on his way to his corner of the ring. Jeff turned and winked at me before going after Punk. I watched as he got all up in Punk's face and they started having a shoving fight. The ref pulled them apart and Matt dragged me into our corner as the bell rang, starting the match.

I couldn't help it. I really got into that match. I even climbed into the ring and yelled at the ref when he – in my opinion – counted to slow when Matt had Gallows pinned, which caused all four wrestlers to start laughing at me.

"How am I doing?" I asked Matt after Jeff tagged in.

"Amazing." he said smiling. "Better than I thought you would do. It’s almost like we’re back in OMEGA! I missed having someone there to yell at the refs!"

I smiled and turned to watch the match. CM Punk was trying to do a Go to Sleep on Jeff but failed. He managed to wiggle out of it and kicked Punk in the stomach. He fell to the floor and Jeff pinned him for a two count.

"COME ON JEFF!" I suddenly yelled making Matt jump.

He laughed. "I really missed this!"

I nodded, not taking my eyes from the match. Jeff had managed to get Punk on the floor of the ring. I started chanting with the crowd as Jeff climbed up on the top rope. Just as he did a Swanton Bomb, Gallows grabbed Punk by the feet and pulled him out of the ring. He jumped in and tried to pin Jeff, who was lying on the ground looking like he was in pain. The way he was moving made me wonder if maybe he really had hurt himself.

Jeff managed to kick out at two and push Gallows off. Jeff jumped up and started running to our corner. Matt held out his hand to make the tag and-

I growled as Gallows grabbed him around the waist and pulled an Irish Whip. Jeff hit the ropes and used them to fling himself back at Gallows, but he was ready for him. He kicked Jeff in the stomach, knocking him to the ground.

"GET UP JEFF!" I yelled jumping in place.

Punk tagged in and started towards Jeff. He picked him up by the hair and ran him into the corner of the ring. I made to climb into the ring, but Matt caught me around the waist and held me back.

"It looks like Zarah's getting a little angry." I heard one of the commentators say.

Matt and I laughed and went back to watching the match. To my disappointment, Matt let go of me.

Jeff tried to kick Punk in the stomach, but he caught his foot at the last minute. Jeff managed to jump and kick him with the other foot, hitting him in the chest and causing him to let go and fall to the ground.

"YEAH JEFF!" I yelled.

He took that as his opportunity. He ran to our corner of the ring and tagged in an eagerly waiting Matt.

"COME ON MATT!" Jeff and I yelled as he ran at Punk.

I watched as Matt pulled a Side Effect on Punk and pinned him as soon as he hit the ground.

Gallows entered the ring and was about to attack Matt. Jeff climbed up on the top turnbuckle of the corner nearest to Gallows and did a Whisper in the Wind. Once Gallows was on the ground Jeff yanked him back up and pushed him out of the ring.

The ref had already started the count. He reached three and I cheered with the majority of the crowd as Loaded started playing again.

Smiling like an idiot, I quickly climbed into the ring and ran over to Matt and Jeff. I grabbed their hands and held them up in the air like the ref usually did. They both looked at me, smiling, and then I was suddenly being squeezed between them. I laughed and tried to hug them back.

The show ended. They finally let go of me and we headed out of the ring together. When we got backstage we ran into Shane and Meisa.

"See! You're still alive!" Shane exclaimed hugging me.

I laughed but quickly shut up and stepped away from him as Vince McMahon suddenly appeared next to Matt. He didn't look to happy.

"I don't believe we've met." he said sticking out his hand. "I'm Vince McMahon."

"Zarah Havens." I said hesitantly shaking his hand.

"Mr. McMahon," Matt said quickly. "If you're mad about us bringing Zarah out with us for our match, I'm really sorry. It was all my idea, Jeff and Shane had nothing to do with this."

"Mad?" Mr. McMahon said. "Why would I be mad? Especially after I told you no when you asked if you could have her out there and then you went behind my back and did it anyway. Now Matt, why would I be mad?"

"Mr. McMahon," I said quickly. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to cause a problem!"

He turned to me and sighed. "You're lucky the crowd loved the three of you so much." he said. "I actually came out here to offer you a short-term contract as the Hardy Boyz's manager."

My mouth dropped open in shock. I had definitely not been expecting that.

"Are you serious Mr. McMahon?" Jeff asked into the shocked silence.

"Yes, I am." he said. "I had the idea as soon as I saw what a natural Zarah seems to be out there. She would make the perfect manager for you guys. I also thought maybe it was time to bring out a new Team Extreme." I glanced at Matt out of the corner of my eye and saw that he suddenly looked uncomfortable. I made a mental note to ask him about it later. "What do you say Zarah?"

Everyone turned to look at me. I looked at Jeff who nodded eagerly. I looked at Matt. He smiled and nodded, though he still looked a little uncomfortable.

I looked back at Mr. McMahon. "I'd love too." I finally said smiling.

Mr. McMahon smiled too. "Well then, let's go get your contract signed."