Your Song

Manager

Xx-zarah-xX

It had been about a month since I signed my contract, making me the Hardy Boyz's official new manager. Things were actually going really well. I was out there for all of Jeff and Matt's matches at ringside – even the singles ones. Mr. McMahon had proclaimed us the new Team Xtreme.

Matt didn't seem too happy about that last part though. And a few nights ago I finally asked him about it. I would just like to make it clear that if I ever see Lita, she will die. Shane had to almost literally pull me off of Edge already.

"Good luck guys!" Jeff called hurrying past us.

Matt and I were at the place where the wrestlers come out of, waiting for our turn to enter the ring. Matt had a match against Drew McIntyre for the Intercontinental Title, which Matt still held.

I watched as McIntyre slowly walked down to the ring, ignoring all the people in the crowd booing him. He finally entered the ring and his music faded. It was soon replaced with Matt's music and the majority of the crowd started cheering.

"Ready?" Matt asked me.

I nodded and we started out to the ring. On our way down the ramp Matt held up his V1 hand sign. I was a step behind him holding up the Hardy Boyz hand sign.

"And now making his way to the ring," the announcer said from the commentary table. "From Cameron, North Carolina, accompanied by Zarah Havens, he is the Intercontinental Champion – Matt Hardy!"

Matt started up the steps into the ring as I took my place at the side of the ring. The ref took the I.C. belt from Matt and held it up for the audience to see.

"Come on Matt!" I yelled as the bell rang and the match started.

I watched the match with deep concentration, making it seem like I was really into it. But the truth was I was to busy having a mental war with myself to really know what was going on.

Through the whole match, I was back and forth about telling Matt how I felt about him. I still loved him. A lot. And I really wanted to tell him. But I was afraid that he wouldn't feel the same way. That's something that's always stopped me in the past...

When we were younger there were so many times when I could have told him, but I didn't because I was too afraid of Matt rejecting me. I was also always afraid that things would get weird between us if ever told him and that we wouldn't be as close. And I really, really, really didn't want that to happen... especially now that we were finally friends again after all these years...

I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts as McIntyre hit Matt in the head with a chair.

"MATT!" I screamed as the bell rang, meaning McIntyre was disqualified.

I hurriedly jumped into the ring and ran over to him. He seemed to be out cold, but I saw the hint of a smile and knew he was just pretending.

"Matt wake up!" I yelled shaking his shoulder.

He was lying on his stomach. I managed to roll him onto his back with a grunt, which caused his smiled to become a little more noticeable.

I leaned over him, making it seem like I was checking to see if he was okay. "Shut up Hardy and wipe that smile off your face." I whispered in his ear. "Wake up!" I yelled sitting back on my heels and shaking his shoulder again. I noticed that his smile was suddenly gone and had to work to hide my own.

Suddenly McIntyre was at our side still holding the chair.

"MOVE!" he yelled at me.

"NO!" I yelled back, trying to shield Matt's body from him with my own rather small body.

He brought the chair up above his head and was getting ready to hit me now. I put my arms up to shield my head. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look at the entrance place for the wrestlers and saw Jeff running towards us with another chair.

McIntyre looked a second too late. Jeff slid into the ring and hit him with the chair. He fell to the ground, supposedly unconscious.

By that time Matt finally 'woke up'. He slowly sat up and clutched his head. Jeff hurried over to us and we helped Matt stand up. His entrance music started playing as Jeff and I practically carried Matt out of the ring.

Once we were backstage Jeff and I let go of Matt and he stood up on his own. I bid my goodbyes to them and hurried off to get ready for my first ever Diva match against Layla that would be on after the commercial break that was now taking place.

I practically sprinted down the halls and into the girls' locker room. I only had three minutes to get ready before the break was over.

Xx-matt-xX

I was waiting at the entrance place for the wrestlers. The commercial break was almost over and Zarah still wasn't there yet.

While I waited I thought about whether or not I should tell her how I really feel about her.

When Zarah first started coming to the tapings I wasn't really sure if I still loved her or not. But now after spending more than two months with her I realized that I did. It was impossible for me not to love someone like Zarah Havens.

I wanted to tell her. I had found out that she wasn't seeing anyone and that she did still live in Cameron. Things would be perfect between us...if she even felt the same way that is...

Someone cleared their throat behind me and I turned around to see Jeff with Zarah in her ring attire and ready to go.

She was dressed kinda dark like Jeff. She wore a plain black tank top, black baggy cut off pants that ended just below her knees, and black knee-high boots. She also had white arm bands like I wear, except hers had Team Xtreme written on them. Her shoulder length black hair was down and her crimson side-swept bangs were covering her right eye. Her eyes were surrounded by black and white face paint – done by Jeff for her.

"How do I look?" she asked holding her arms out and slowly turning around.

"You look amazing." I said smiling.

She blushed a deep shade of red, which made Jeff and I laugh. "I missed being able to make you blush." I said.

She rolled her eyes as the commercial break finally ended.

"Good luck!" Layla called to Zarah before running out to the ring.

Zarah nodded, probably too nervous to say anything.

I put my hands on her shoulders and she looked up at me.

"Relax." I said. "You'll do fine."

She took a deep breath before saying, "I hope so."

Before I could say anything else Just Another Star by Bullet For My Valentine [her entrance music] started playing.

I looked at her, waiting for her to lead the way out [I would be at ringside for her]. When she didn't move I gave her a nudge in the back, making her jump slightly.

After that she turned into a different person. She put a smile on her face and ran out, with me following a few steps behind. A lot of people already loved her from being the Hardy Boyz's new manager, so the majority of the crowd cheered as we made our way down to the ring.

When we got there I took my place at ringside as Zarah slid into the ring. The bell rang and the match started.

The match seemed to go okay for it being Zarah's first time. She was putting up a good fight and managed to kick out at two every time Layla had her pinned. She even pinned Layla once!

I did think she really hurt herself a few times though. I made a mental note to make sure she was really okay after the match when I saw Layla ram her into the corner of the ring and she cried out in pain. Knowing her since we were five, I was able to tell that that really did hurt her just by the way she screamed.

I already new that Layla was supposed to win, but I was still kinda disappointed when she finally managed to pin Zarah for a full three count.

Layla's music started playing as I hurriedly climbed into the ring. I made sure Zarah was really okay and then helped her up and out of the ring.

Once we were backstage I set her down in a chair and started checking her over from head to foot. I wanted to make sure she was really okay and not just sucking it up. She always did that sorta thing when we were in high school and she played soccer, just so they wouldn't take her out for the rest of the game.

"Matt, really, I'm fine." Zarah said for the millionth time. "All these years and you still act like I'm made out of glass or something."

"Sorry." I said, finally done with my inspection. "Habit."

She rolled her eyes and we just sat there for a few minutes in silence. Then Jeff and Shane finally showed up and congratulated Zarah on her match.

"Not bad for your first time." Shane said already out of his Hurricane Helms costume.

"Thanks." she said. "I tried."

"Invite her to the party tomorrow." Jeff mumbled to me out of the corner of his mouth as Shane and Zarah continued to talk.

"I will." I mumbled back. "Just give me a minute."

Zarah suddenly stood up and stretched. "Well," she said. "As fun as it is to talk to you guys, I think I'm gonna go change out of my sweaty clothes and take a nice shower."

She started down the hall to the girls' locker room. Jeff shoved me in her direction and I started running after her.

"Zarah! Wait up!" I called.

I finally reached her at the door to the girls' locker room.

"What?" she asked turning to face me.

"Um," I said forgetting why I had chased after her. "Oh yeah!" Smooth Hardy, real smooth... "I'm having a party at my house tomorrow and I was wondering if maybe you and Meisa wanted to come?"

She smiled. "Sure." she said. "I'll check with Meisa and let you know."

"Okay." I said smiling now too. "Well... hopefully I'll see you tomorrow."

She nodded. "Bye Matt." she said before heading into the locker room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! I can see that their aren't that many readers. But I don't know if that's cause there's hardly any Matt Hardy fans on mibba or cause my story sucks! Please comment and tell me how I'm doing.
-Aiden