Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

The Regret

*Gerard's POV*

"So, when did the doctor say you could schedule a time to take those casts off?" I asked Frank, gesturing towards his legs.

"One to two weeks. I can switch to crutches then too. We're gonna have to buy some more paint." he smiled.

"Definitely!" I laughed.

"Anyway, it's weird to think that you and I have never been in my place alone together. But now with Mikey and Bob..." I paused for a second. "I don't want Ray to get left out now that we're all coupled. It was different when there was just one pair in the group."

"You're right," Frank nodded. "We should --" he was cut off by a knocking at the door.

"Hang on," I said as I stood to get the door. I pulled it open, shocked by who I saw.

*Lavender's POV*

"Hey, Gerard..." I said quietly.

"Uh, hi." he said, clearly unsure of what my presence on his doorstep meant.

"I need to talk to you..." I said vaguely.

"Oh, um, come in," he opened the door wider to let me through.

"Hi, Frank," I said as I entered the living room. "I saw those articles in People. How are you doing?" I asked, sitting down in the armchair across from him.

"...Fine," he said after a moment.

Gerard sat down next to Frank. "So, what is it you needed to talk about?" he asked.

"Well... it's kinda private," I said, glancing at Frank.

"Oh..." Gee turned to Frank, "Do you mind if we go in the kitchen to talk?" he asked.

Frank shook his head, "Go, it's okay." Gerard stood up and I followed him into the other room. We each took a seat across from each other at the kitchen table.

"What's up?" he asked, slightly concerned.

I launched in, "Gee, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have ended it the way I did. You were right, we should have tried talking things over before giving up."

"Well, that's how it went, and you have John and I --"

I cut him off, "But, I don't have John. Gerard, he - he started beating me. He wasn't like this before...."

"Have you gone to the police? They can hold him for domestic abuse."

I shook my head, "No, I don't want to do that. It'll only make him more mad when he gets out... I never realized he was like this. Baby, I miss you. I regret breaking it off so much. You were wonderful to me, I never realized how good I had it with you. Let's just get back together." I pleaded.

"Lavender, we can't do that. You can't just run away from John. You have to take action. You can't let the bastard get away with what he's done to you. I'll go down to the station with you to file a report, but that's as far as we go. I'm in a relationship now."

"Who?!" I asked, surprised.

"Frank," he said simply.

"Frank? So, w-what, you're... gay? I mean I know you mess around on stage, but... I thought it was just a publicity thing..." I said, hurt.

"Yeah, Frank. I'm bi. And the stuff we did on stage was just messing around before... But now we're actually in a relationship." he explained gently. I just stared at him, completely shocked. I couldn't think of anything to say.

"So, do you want company going to the police station?" he asked again. I shook my head and sped out the door, hoping he hadn't seen the tears in my eyes.

*Frank's POV*

"What was that all about?" I asked as Gerard walked back into the living room.

"John is beating her. She wanted to come back to me." he said.

I bristled slightly, "What did you tell her?"

"That I was with you, but I'd go and fill out a report with her. Nothing more, nothing less." Gerard assured me. I sighed.

"Wait, she's been dating this guy for just over a month and he's beating on her? And she hasn't gone to the police?" I asked, surprised.

"Yup. I don't think she will go either. Which really pisses me off. We don't need scumbags like him walking free abusing women. She could help put a stop to her own suffering but she's not." he said, incensed.

"Her solution was running back to you, without stopping this psycho so he could just attack the both of you?" I asked in disbelief.

Gerard thought for a moment, "Yeah, pretty much."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, reintroducing one of our few female characters. Lavender has arrived with a neatly-wrapped obstacle/plot point.
Comments!!!
~aep