Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Back To The Hospital

*Gerard's POV*

Frank was asleep upstairs in my bed. I flipped through television channels thinking of Lavender. I couldn't believe she came back, begging to pick up where we left off. But what upset me most was that she was empowering this violent bastard by not turning him in. Another knock on the door reached my ears. I stood up and went to the door, thinking it was probably Lavender again. I was dead wrong.

*Frank's POV*

I woke up in Gerard's empty bed. I turned to see the alarm clock on his bedside table, almost midnight. Why hadn't he come upstairs to me?

"Gee?" I shouted. No response came.

"Gee?!" I called again. Still nothing. He must have fallen asleep in front of the TV....

"Gerard?!" I called one last time. I got out of bed and slowly made my way down the staircase, clutching at the banister for dear life. When I was at the bottom I threw myself into the wheelchair we had left at the base of the steps. I rolled into the living room to find Gee on the floor. He was asleep -- no, beaten unconscious.

I grabbed the phone and called the police. "My friend was attacked. He's unconscious. And - and there's blood. I need an ambulance!"

*Mikey's POV*

When the car rounded the corner towards my house I saw two cop cars in the driveway. I ran inside to see Frank talking to a policewoman.

"What the fuck happened?!" I asked him.

"Gee was attacked. The police just got here. An ambulance took him to the hospital, I had to stay to answer questions. I don't know who did it, but I have a suspicion." Frank told me, distraught. I ran forward and gave him a hug.

"Sir, what's your name?" the police officer asked me.

"Mikey Way. Gerard's my brother, I live here with him." I told her. She made a note in a small pad.

I addressed Frank again, "Is he gonna be okay?"

"I'm not sure. He was knocked out when I found him. And there was blood..." he said, tears in his eyes.

"Fuck," I muttered, leaning forward to give him another hug.

"Sir, I need to finish questioning your friend." the policewoman told me.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, stepping away.

"You didn't see the attacker?" she asked Frank.

"No, I was asleep upstairs. When I came down I found him on the floor," he said.

"How did you get down the stairs?" she asked, looking over his wheel chair.

"Gripped the railing and went slowly. The chair was at the bottom. I was in a car crash recently, but I'm healing." Frank explained quickly. After a few more questions that seemed to take forever, we were free to go. We quickly got into my car and drove to St. Anne's.

Ana was at the emergency desk again.

"We need to see Gerard Way." I told her quickly.

She checked the computer. "He just arrived, he's still in the ER. Have a seat."

"Call Ray, I'll call Bob." I said to Frank as I took a seat in the waiting area.

*Ray's POV*

I found Frank and Mikey sitting nervously in the waiting room. I joined them. A moment later Bob found us and sat down as well. The four of us waited silently.

Finally, Ana walked over to us. "He's been transferred to room 509."

"Thank you," Bob said as the four of us quickly headed for the elevator.

We finally reached the fifth floor and got out. We filed into room 509 to see Gerard, asleep and covered in cuts and bruises. We all stood around his bed and waited for him to wake up. After twenty minutes or so he began to stir. His eyes slowly opened and he confirmed the unasked question that hovered in the room.

"It was John."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another of our boys in the hospital. How extensive is the damage this time?
Gimme comments - including criticism, peoples!
~aep