Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

The Way It Goes

*Maria's POV*

"I know, you've probably been wondering who Victoria's father is..." I said softly. Ray looked into my eyes, not saying anything.

"The truth is, five years ago I was raped. His name was Rick, I knew him. He was a friend of my cousin. I reported him, he's in jail now, turns out I wasn't the only one he ever hurt. He's attacked at least five other woman that the police know about." I said, turning away to look anywhere but in Ray's eyes. When I finally looked up I could see the sadness etched in his face. He took a deep breath and moved closer to me on the couch.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered putting his arm around me.

"I'm okay with it now. And Victoria is the best thing that ever happened to me, no matter how she came to be." He nodded, he understood.

"I -- I just wanted to tell you because if I didn't say anything it would feel like I was hiding it from you. And I don't want to hide anything from you. I really like you." I said, struggling to explain how I felt.

"I get it. And I really like you too." He said softly. We both smiled slightly.

"Well, um anyway. You've met my family..." I began.

"Yeah. I want you to meet the guys. I've spent the last four years with them, they're like my family. My actually family went back to Puerto Rico. My mother really missed it, she grew up there. So I got her a ticket and now she lives next door to my grandparents and aunts and uncles. My two brothers went with her. I visit once in a while." Ray told me.

"That's so nice. Well, I don't think I'm leaving the country anytime soon, so when can I meet your friends?" I asked.

"Um, probably really soon. Our schedules are fairly loose at the moment. I'll round 'em up."

*Bob's POV*

My cell rang, I picked up the call. "Hey," I said.

"Hi, it's Ray. I was wondering if you and Mikey are free tomorrow. I need to check with Gee and Frank too, I want you to meet Maria." I smiled widely.

"We're free. What time?"

"Um, noon, my place." Ray said.

"Cool, we'll see you then." I told him. Mikey looked at me questioningly as I closed the cell.

"Ray wants us to meet Maria tomorrow." I said. Mikey grinned and stood up.

"I'm gonna get something to eat. Want anything?" he asked. I jumped up and pinched his ass. He hopped and yelped, whipping his head around to glare at me playfully.

"I want you," I whispered in his ear.

"Well, I'm not edible." Mikey said. I smirked.

"We'll see about that...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, kinda short chapter but I thought that was an interesting note to end it on... lol.
Please comment!
~aep