Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Maria

*Ray's POV*

I sat nervously next to Maria on the couch in my living room.

"They should be here any minute," I told her. As if on cue, we heard a knock on the door. Maria smiled. I stood up to get it to see my four closest friends at my door.

"Hey, come on in," I said, ushering them inside. I quickly went through introductions and then sat back down. We all sat in silence for a moment, when finally Gerard spoke.

"So... Ray really likes you." I began to blush, Maria saw my cheeks redden from the corner of her eye. Mikey, Gee, Bob, and Frank did too, they all smirked slightly.

"I really like Ray, so I guess that works out nicely." Maria said, smiling. I began to blush even more. The guys' smirks became slightly more pronounced.

"Uh, so anybody hungry? I can order a pizza or something," I said quickly.

"Yeah, that sounds good," Frank said. Everyone nodded.

"Anything on it?" I asked.

"Plain's fine for me," Maria said. The guys agreed. I retreated into the kitchen.

Chill out! Stop worrying about everyone. It'll be fine! I scolded myself. I gabbed a menu for a local pizzeria from a drawer and called the number on it. I ordered a large pizza. Then hung up the phone and put it back in its charger. Taking a deep breath, I headed back into the living room.

"It should be here soon," I announced.

"So, are any of you guys dating?" Maria asked, making conversation. I bit my lip. This ought to be interesting... maybe a little too interesting.

"Yeah," they all said in unison.

"To each other," Frank said. Maria looked confused.

"Me and Bob, Gee and Frank," Mikey explained. She nodded slowly. I studied her face, afraid to find disgust there. I didn't. Sighing, I sat down next to Maria again.

"So the whole band ended up coupling, and mostly with each other. That's kind of adorable." Maria said.

"Yeah, I guess it is," Gerard said, smiling and reaching for Frank's hand.

This might just go better than I expected, I smiled to myself.

*Maria's POV*

I didn't mind that Ray's friends were gay at all, but I knew my sister would. Alejandra was just too much like my father when it came to that kind of thing -- old-fashioned. I didn't want to keep it from her but at the same time I didn't really want her to know. Don't worry about that right now. Just start to get to know Ray's friends, I thought to myself.

"Okay, so, I know Ray is guitar and backup vocals. What are you guys?" I asked. They all told me what part they played in turn. After a while the conversation became less forced and I think they actually liked me. I liked them, I could see why Ray was friends with them. The doorbell rang, and Ray jumped up to get the pizza. He came back a moment later holding it in front of him.

"I'll go get some plates," he told us, putting the pizza box down on the coffee table. Our talking continued until the last slice had been eaten. I looked at my watch and realized it was just past 3:30.

"Ray, I gotta go. I have a shift at the hospital starting soon." I told him. He nodded.

"It was really nice meeting you guys," I told Mikey, Bob, Frank, and Gerard.

"You too!" Gerard said. Ray stood up to walk me to the door. I gave him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek and left.

*Ray's POV*

I smiled, feeling the cheek Maria had just kissed. I headed back into the living room.

"So... the verdict?" I asked.

All four of them gave me thumbs up. A goofy grin spread over my lips.

"Aww, he's in looove!" Frank mocked good-naturedly.

I didn't deny it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much to say, except for what I always say: Comments!
~aep