Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Te Quiero

*Maria's POV*

"You did a wonderful job as flower-girl, mija," I turned in my seat to tell my smiling daughter. Ray nodded from the driver's seat in agreement and Vicki blushed. We arrived at home to find a disapproving Alejandra waiting for us on the porch.

"It's late. Victoria should be in bed by now," Alejandra scolded me as we walked up to the porch. "And I still can't believe you let her participate in that - that --" she cast about, looking for a word that would properly describe her distaste for Frank and Gee's wedding.

I cut her off before she could go any further, "Victoria is my daughter, and besides this is the first time I've ever kept her out past her bedtime. And as for the wedding, it was a beautiful ceremony. I don't see anything wrong with Vicki being there and if you do I'd appreciate it if you kept it to yourself for once." Alejandra glared at me.

"It was a really beautiful wedding, Tia." Vicki tried to convince her aunt, confused as to why Alejandra didn't approve. Alejandra sighed and ushered Victoria inside without so much as a second glance at me or Ray.

"I'm sorry," I muttered. Ray took my hand and kissed it softly.

"Don't worry about it," he shrugged it off. "But I better go, it is really late."

I sighed, "Yeah, alright. But can I see you tomorrow night?"

"Of course. How 'bout we go to dinner?" Ray proposed. I shook my head, a smile crossing my lips.

"I was sort of thinking we could stay in... at your place?" Ray's eyes widened but he smiled slightly and nodded. We kissed goodnight and I waved as he got back into his car and drove away.

*Ray's POV*

In all the time we had been dating we had never even discussed making love. Quite frankly, I'd been wanting to for quite some time but I didn't want to push. It looked now as if I wouldn't have to wait much longer. I smiled slightly as I pulled into my driveway and headed inside.

* * *

*Maria's POV*

I lay in his arms as we both caught our breath. His skin glistened in the moonlight that filtered through his bedroom window. A peaceful smile played on his lips as he traced my face with his fingers. I kissed his fingertips as they reached my mouth.

"You know I love you, right?" he whispered to me.

"Of course," I smiled, "Te quiero tambiƩn." His lips brushed against mine as he wrapped his strong arms tighter around me. I felt so safe with him, like he would never hurt me, never let the world hurt me. "Te quiero," I whispered again. His fingers laced themselves through my hair and I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol. I find it funny that it took this long for poor Ray to get laid. I know, I'm mean. So here you have it. Maria and Ray have entered the next stage in their relationship. ;)
~aep