Status: Active (:

All I Wanted Was You, John O'Callaghan.

Chapter Eight

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I cried.

Pat looked at me with a guilty expression. “Um…laundry?”

“No.” I stated. “Shoo! Don’t touch my laundry when you’re fucking naked!”

He chuckled. “Is that your problem? Let me turn around then and we can fix—“ I cut him off with a squeal.

“Don’t! Just don’t, okay, Pat?” I held a hand over my eyes just in case he did and took a step back. “John!” I called.

“Yeah, Jen?” He asked, showing up behind me. “Whoa, Pat, keep it in your pants—literally.”

“If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go gouge my eyes out.” I mumbled, turning around and heading for the bathroom.

John and Pat started laughing and my eyes. I opened the door to the bathroom and turned on the faucet, washing my face. I heard someone knocking on the door of the bathroom and I opened it, wiping my face off at the same time.

“Hah, trying to wash out the memories of Pat naked?” John called as I turned around to fix the pony tail I had put my hair in.

I chuckled dryly. “You’re so funny.” I muttered.

John wrapped his arms around my waist. “I know.” He murmured against my neck.

I shot him a look from the mirror. He smirked at me and kissed me on the cheek.

“Alright, what do you want, John?” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Nothing, babe.” He kissed my cheek and made his way down to my neck.

“Huh.” I turned around in his arms, facing him. John pecked me once on my lips.

“What did you do?” I asked suspsciously.

“Nothing, Jenny.” He looked guilty though, so I didn’t believe him.

“John Cornelius O’Callaghan; I have known you since kindergarten. Do you think I can’t tell when you’re hiding something?” I chided him.

He brushed his hair out of his eyes and didn’t meet my eyes. Instead, he twirled a piece of my hair in his fingers, concentrating intently on that.

“We’re stopping in Milwaukee soon and there might be a flight to Arizona around 7 PM and there might be someone waiting to pick you up at the airport in Arizona.” John said quietly.

As I processed his words, anger bubbled up inside of me. My face was turning red, I could tell, and I felt the angry tears burn in my eyes—damn these genetics.

What?

“Do I really have to repeat all that?” He complained, meeting my eyes for a second then turning his attention to my hair again.

“Oh, God.” I whispered. I pushed John away from me, and headed for the door.

“Jenny!” John called and I whipped around when I reached the doorframe.

“I can’t believe you!” I exclaimed.

“What did I do?!” John asked frantically.

“What did you do?” I repeated, incredulous. “You know damn straight what you did!”

“Jen, please don’t react this way…” He said slowly, his eyes looking worried.

“Oh, don’t tell me how to react.” I snapped, pointing a finger at him.

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off with a glare. “I specifically told you I wasn’t going to Arizona unless you were by my side!”

“But Jenny, you have to go back! Your parents and friends miss you! You need to go to college!” He argued.

“Oh, no. Don’t pull that shit with me.” I shook my head, eyeing him seriously. “I knew damn well what I was getting into when I went on tour with you, when I started dating you. I chose to go with you, not you.”

“But you chose because of me. That’s the part that kills me.” John explained.

“You don’t get to feel bad!” I shouted. “I made my decision. I haven’t regretted one thing, except telling you that I miss Arizona.”

“Please, Jenny, go to Arizona. The tour will be done soon and I’ll see you in a few months. I’ll call you every day, I’ll chat with you every day; I’ll text you every day. Just, don’t stop your future because of me.”

“John.” I said the word like a plea.

He walked up to me and caressed my cheek with his thumb. “What do you say?” He said, kissing my cheek afterwards and then finally, my lips.

“I say…” I trailed off, thinking. Would it be so bad to be away from John for a couple of months? I knew that answer; yes. It was would be my living hell away from him, especially for such a long time.

“You’re a bastard.” I pouted like a little child.

“A bastard that you love.” He smiled a tiny smile at me.

I looked away from him but couldn’t resist smiling. I smacked his chest lightly. “I hate you, you know that?”

“Why?” He looked genuinely concerned.

“Because I can’t stay mad at you for long.” I mumbled.

“Does that mean you’ll go?” His face had lit up completely; his eyes were bright, a smile on was on his lips, and he looked just so damn happy.

“Yes.” I said slowly. “But on one condition.”

He paused before cheering and narrowed his eyes, waiting for me to go on.

“I won’t leave from Milwaukee. I’ll leave from Denver.” I stated. “I want a few more days with you, not a few more hours.”

He smiled brightly. “Yes!” He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, spinning me around.

I giggled as he did so, but only because I loved the sensation. The prospect of being away from John was like dark clouds in the distance.

“Jenny, I swear you won’t regret it. Sure, you’ll be away from me for a while, but you can go to school. I’m so proud of you.” Before I could answer, he pressed his lips forcefully against mine.

This boy was going to drive me insane.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm prewriting this story so I can get it over with (:
The hook--the twist in the story--is coming soon, folks.

Comment--Subscribe!
Check out Inspired.'s story Light Me On Fire. ft. John Ohh.