Status: Active (:

All I Wanted Was You, John O'Callaghan.

Chapter Nine

I leaned against the brick wall of the venue and stared up at the sky, wondering why I had agreed to go to Arizona. While I was watching John perform tonight, it felt like I would be going through physical pain to stay away from him. I must’ve been crazy when I agreed.

Crazy in love.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, watching as the stars shined down on me.

“Hey.” I heard someone call behind me. “Are you alright?”

I turned my head, finding Alex there, his hands shoved into his pockets. I bit my lip, not knowing whether or not to tell the truth. Was I okay? No. I wasn’t. Was I going to let him know that? Well, it wouldn’t be smart.

I didn’t answer, I just met Alex’s gaze with a steady one.

“Jenny?” he asked again, walking forward and sitting down on the floor next to me.

“No.” I whispered. “I’m not alright.”

“What’s wrong?” he asked softly.

“John wants me to go back to Arizona for the rest of the tour.” I explained. “He thinks I should go to college, be around my family, etcetera.”

“You should, you know that.” damn, I didn’t want the truth—I wanted comfort!

“I know.” I whined. “But still; it’s hard to go away from John, from everybody. I love all of you guys.”

Alex smirked. “Awh, you love me? I’m touched.”

“Shut up.” I said, embarrassed.

“It’s okay, Jenny, just don’t tell John.” he joked, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes but blushed, too. “You wish I loved you.” I muttered.

“Denial, my friend,” he put a hand on my shoulder, “Is dangerous.” I could feel the heat from his hand scorching my skin, distracting me from all of my thoughts.

I looked at the hand on my shoulder, then at Alex, a flame of desire sparking up inside of me. Alex seemed to be thinking the same thing, because I finally discovered that hidden emotion in his eyes. The one I had seen so many times when we were alone—just like right now.

Longing.

I let out a breath through my lips, but it seemed so hard to breathe when he was so close. A little voice inside of me was screaming, ”What are you thinking? John! John! John!” But that voice was so low, so far away, I paid no mind to it.

“Alex.” I whispered, unconsciously inching forward.

His face was so close to mine, I could feel his breath fanning my face, taking away all my other thoughts. His hand went up to my cheek, brushing a strand of my hair away. The contact was like fire; it burned immediately and consumed the rest of me.

Suddenly, I took the plunge, unable to wait any longer. He had been so close; it had only taken one little inch to kiss him. To press my lips against his and spread the flame.

Alex’s arms went around me, tightening up every inch that I came closer. Our lips moved together in synch, and I felt something different than when I had been with John—something…forbidden.

John.

Reality snapped back to me, shaking me up. I opened my eyes and pulled away from Alex, gasping for air.

“Alex, we can’t.” I blurted out. “I have John and you have Lisa.” realization of what we had done crashed on me. “Oh, God, Lisa.” I moaned. “She’s going to kill me, she’s going to kill you.”

I got up from my spot, taking a few steps away from Alex. “I can’t believe it, we…” my eyes widened in horror. “Kissed.” I shook my head frantically. “I have John; I love John. You have Lisa—you have her.

My eyes burned with tears as I replayed what happened in my mind. We kissed. I cheated. He cheated. On John. On Lisa. I can’t believe it. How could I be so stupid? So reckless?

“Jenny, honey, calm down.” Alex put his hands on my shoulders.

Alex. Not John. Oh my God.

“No, I can’t calm down, Alex!” I snapped. “Do you realize what we just did?”

“Yeah, I realize what I did. What we did, but I don’t regret it.” he said quickly before pressing his lips against mine. Oh, that feeling was back again. The longing, the desire to have Alex and only Alex. But he wasn’t John, he would never be John. My John.

I kissed back but only for a brief second. It was enough, though, for everything to just go horribly wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to give a HUGE thanks to my girl, Roxanne (:

Brandon Boyd. is her user and you'll see her in my comments page--the most active commenter on my story!

Roxanne, here, helped me out with this chapter in correcting my grammar and giving me her personal opinion. THANKS BABE!

(:
Comment--subscribeeeeee!