Status: Hiatus Indefinitely.

All The Things She Does Make It Seem Like Love.

Lies Covering The Truth

Image

"Why are we here again?" Sarah whined as she leaned against the doorframe.

I had raced back home to change because if there was going to be an after party like John said there would, I didn't want to be in jeans and a band t-shirt. It was practically social suicide.

So I was here, looking for an outfit to wear.

I had taken a quick shower to get rid of the stickiness on my stomach and I had blow dried my hair so it was wavy. My blonde highlights were really popping out and my hair looked soft, so I knew it was going to be a good hair day.

"I need something to wear." I repeated for the billionth time.

Sarah didn't know there was an after party that I got her into. If I had told her, she would've ditched me for the party in no time. I grabbed a black mini skirt and an off the shoulder brown shirt. I knew from experience that this shirt hugged me in all the right places and, it's slight golden tint brought out the gold flecks in my eyes.

I was going to look great for this party.

I bent over and picked up my black ankle-length boots and slipped them on. Sarah was looking at me with curious eyes, because she knew I only got dressed up for parties.

"There's an after party, isn't there?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

I let out a breath through my lips; she was smarter than I had given her credit. I had no idea what to say to her, but I guess the truth wouldn't hurt.

"Yep." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Hmm." she stared at me with wide eyes. "You seem...giddy almost."

That wasn't the answer I expected. Did someone slip something into her drink?did she hit her head somewhere? The Sarah I knew would be jumping up and down with joy.

I shrugged, not knowing how to answer her.

A slow, sly smile curled her lips.

Now she was scaring me.

"You like John, don't you?" She exclaimed, pointing a finger at me.

"Oh God, what is this? Middle school?" I groaned.

Sarah couldn't be more far off; I could care less about John. He seemed like a jerk, which usually didn't bother me, but he took it to the next level. He spilled soda on my shirt, and bothered me in so many ways. It wasn't worth it.

"You like him!"

I sighed and got up from my spot on my bed and fixed Sarah with a cold stare. I hated it when Sarah made assumptions about anything in general. I walked over to the bathroom and left the door open for her to come in.

"Just admit it, Val, you like him." She was going for nonchalant but missed. "I don't care if you do..."

That was a big lie.

I could tell from the look in her eyes that she cared very much about my answer. I had half a mind of telling her 'Yes' just to teach her a lesson of staying out of other people's business. I didn't bite my lips, I didn't look around nervously, I didn't fidget either. I knew exactly how to maintain my cool--my poker face you could say.

I loved putting up a mask to the world to hide my emotions; because I would be better off if people didn't know what I was thinking. Why did I need someone to know my thoughts, my feelings, and my pet peeves? I wasn't going to give anyone anything to use against me.

I grabbed my toothbrush from it's spot and turned on the faucet. Holding my toothbrush, I put toothpaste on it and turned to face Sarah.

"I don't like him." I said in a non-commital, unemotional voice.

I could almost hear her sigh of relief.

I continued my make-up process and when I was ready, I grabbed my black coat and headed to the door. Sarah followed me like a puppy, finally showing the right enthusiasm for the after party.

Oh yeah, I was a good friend--even if some people might not see it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner;
NicoleIsOhkay. Check out HER John Ohh story on here;; We Got One Chance To Make This Right.

Random Fact;;
That story was made specifically for me. Oh yeah, I'm just that special ;)

Don't get the chapter title? You will later on in the story. Just remember what Val told Sarah.

Now;; John Ohh News--
It's official. I love him (: My heart stutters in my chest whenever I look at his picture. Ah, it's meant to be. Only four more years, and it's legal xD

Comment--Subscribe! (I have no comments whatsoever and that makes me sad)

[OH. I updated this story again because it seems to be my most popular one. THANKS, guys!]