Status: Hiatus Indefinitely.

All The Things She Does Make It Seem Like Love.

And So It Starts

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Tonight had been a night of so many reminders of my High School years, and I was sure to remember it all, because I hadn't gotten wasted at all.

I was outside the building where the party was being held, leaning against the wall and trying to think. Garrett was back, my old friend and ex-boyfriend from High School. We had caught up and I had found out that he had a steady girlfriend; Rachel, and that his band was going really well.

That much I had known, since all Sarah did was talk about The Maine.

Garrett had also let it slip that The Maine would headline a tour in the summer, but he wouldn't tell me the tour dates or anything like that. Sarah, though, would be excited just knowing that they would be back.

One little thing was bugging me though, something that I just couldn't let go.

Througout freshman year in high school, Garrett, Sarah and I had been inseparable. Literally; we did everything together--always hanging out at each others houses, we had most of our classes together, and we always did other things together.

Sarah knew Garrett's last name, she knew almost everything about home. I knew him more than anything, well, back then at least.

You would think that Sarah, the same girl that befriended Garrett in 9th grade, would know that her long time best friend was in her favorite band. She would know that the same Garrett Nickelsen Bass Player (Gare told me his position in the band) was the same Garrett Nickelsen from High School.

Which meant, either Sarah was completely oblivious to all the members of the band--which was highly unlikely, because when Sarah liked a band, she researched everything possible about that band. Or, she was purposely keeping this from me.

Only question was; why was she keeping this from me?

"Val?" I heard someone whine.

I looked up, my hair whipping around in the cold breeze that had whipped by me. My eyes searched in the near darkness for a body and soon, I found Sarah stumbling towards me.

"Hmm?" I raised my eyebrows.

"John..." she paused, her bloodshot eyes flashing momentarily. "A sweetheart." she smiled.

"Oh." I nodded; Sarah was drunk. Disagreeing with anything she said would make things worse.

"Can we...can we go home?" She asked, her voice whining like a five year old's.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Don't you want to stay with Johnny?"

She shook her head, leaning against the wall for support. "I'm sleepy." She muttered before hitting the ground, unconscious.

I sighed and bent over, putting my arms under Sarah's limp body. Slowly, I tried to lift my legs and pick up Sarah, but her weight was too much for my weakened arms.

In High School, after Garrett left, I had been an active VolleyBall player, so my arms and legs had been strong and well muscled. When I graduated school, though, I stopped playing since I didn't go to College. So my muscled and toned body (I used to play outdoor Volleyball as well), went downhill. I still kept my figure by going to the gym five times a week, but it wasn't the same as before.

I grunted under her weight and tried again to lift her up but failed. I fell against the wall, taking deep gulps of fresh air.

"Gah. Why are you so heavy, Sarah?" I muttered, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

"Need some help there?"

I looked up and my green eyes met John's blue-gray ones. I pursed my lips and looked down at the unconscious Sarah, then at John again.

I hated asking for help, no matter how much I needed help. My Dad had always taught me pride and to never let people know your weaknesses. I never took those words into consideration until he died Junior year. Then everything changed.

A lot of things changed.

"I don't need help." I replied a bit more coldly than I intended.

John didn't flinch at all, just moved forward and picked up Sarah like she was a pillow. He flashed me a grin and I rolled my eyes.

"I can see you like being the 'Hero'." I muttered.

"Just tell me where your car is."

I led him towards my car and opened the door for him to put Sarah in the backseat. I shut the door after Sarah was settled and walked around to the Driver's side. I opened the door and was about to go in when I felt John's eyes on me.

I looked up and met his blue-gray eyes. "What?" I asked.

I didn't like the way he was looking at me; with disapproval.

"You're not driving." He stated.

I sighed. "And you're going to stop me? Likely." I muttered sarcastically.

"You're drunk." He was starting to piss me off.

"I only had two drinks." I shot back.

"Of Tequila, you idiot." John walked over to my side and took the keys from my hand, getting into my car.

"And like you're sober? You drank beer, too, mister." I wasn't moving yet.

"One cup, sue me." He put the key in the ignition.

"Get out of my car." I put my hands on my hips and waited.

"You need someone to carry Sarah out of the car." He pointed out.

"I can manage." I didn't like it when guys came back to my apartment.

John fixed me a look. "Val, get in the car and I'll take you."

I glared at him. "I'm not doing anything I don't want to." I said stubbornly.

"Oh God, Garrett was right; you're so damn stubborn." John complained, getting out of the car and coming closer to me with a look on his face that made me take a step back.

"Get away." I hissed; I hated it when people got too close, too soon.

"Val..." He warned.

"Don't you 'Val' me!" I snapped.

"Fine." John smirked, his perfect lips twisting up.

I felt scared then, but along with the fear, I felt a burst of adrenaline run through me, lifting up my spirits. I felt good; on a new kind of high.

Without warning, John bent over and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I gasped by the way he caught me off guard. When I realized what happened, he was already walking over to the Passenger Seat.

I hit his back with my fist. "Put me down." I didn't scream; it showed weakness and unstability.

"No can do, sweetheart." John said, and by the tone of his voice, he was smirking. "Nice short skirt, by the way." He noted.

My blood boiled and I felt like kicking him so hard, I did some kind of managed damage in him. I didn't do anything, though, I just stayed quiet as he put me in the seat and buckled my seat belt.

I felt my temper rise, though, when he kissed my cheek. "There you go, sweetheart."

"You are incredible." I spat. "Incredibly stupid."

"Whatever." John said, putting the car into reverse. "Just tell me where you live."

After giving him the address, I thought about what John had done. We were really getting off to a bad start, and if he wanted to play games; I was in.

This wasn't the end of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm iffy about this chapter because Val's kind of snappy in this chapter.

But eh, the drama's starting soon (:

Comment--Subscribe.

Banners?
Yes, no, maybe?

Julie.
[Hah, did you notice? I changed my username--I feel so cool.]