Status: Trying

Creatures

Abduction, Day One

“Ryan I told you three times already to get to bed. Don’t make me go up there young man.” My mother called up from the kitchen. I swear the woman had hearing like a hawk. She could hear my computer clicks from there.

It was the usual threat any mother gave a child, I was use to it personally. Then I was all into computer games, and looking things up on the internet. Those were the good days, I was truly happy.

Reluctantly I logged off my game site and changed into my pajamas. Mom was standing in the doorway as I desperately tried to hop into my pants. Twelve was when I was going to fast; I was uncoordinated in everything I did.

Smiling, she picked me up being a smaller boy, and helped me. “What would you do without me?” She mused.

My arms go around her neck in a hug. “Nothing, I will always need you.” As a child I was very cheesy, I had to be. It was the only way to get my way then. Since my dad left a few months earlier she was dead set on raising a perfect child.

Of course I didn’t blame her. Who could? I pity her now, she cleans and cleans, as if she waiting for him to walk through that door. It will never happen. He’s across the states with a new little boy and wife to take care of.

He didn’t have the time or day for us.

Like every night she tucked me in, kissed my cheek and left. Not before she turned off the light and shut my door. I grew out of being scared of the dark two years before that. Her footsteps were all I heard for a brief few seconds.

I do remember this night felt off. Like something was watching me, I didn’t really notice until later. My body was already struggling to stay awake so I closed my eyes, expecting to open them back up to the morning sun.

I was so wrong. The next thing I feel is something is poking me in the back of the neck. My first thoughts were confusion. I feel asleep on my back, not my stomach.

I tried my hardest to think logically and rationally, but it's so much easier to stay calm and rational in the light of day than it is under the dark blanket of night. I opened my eyes and noticed that there was an ominous green glow in the room. It wasn't very intense but I was still extremely fearful.

It was only then that it had occurred to me that our two dogs, Eddie and Alex were barking madly, these big good natured Labradors hardly ever got upset over nothing, they only really barked at intruders. The barks became more urgent...more frequent...then nothing. They just stopped, as if they were switched off.

At this moment it was obvious that something was wrong. I decided that it was necessary for me to get up and to check what was up, obviously mom hadn't heard. I started to rise out of my bed but was shocked when I couldn't move my body, I could however move my head slightly.

I looked to my left and saw nothing out of the ordinary, apart from the glow, but as I looked to the right of my bed I saw this figure start to come into focus, as if it was just appearing there. I then noticed some other figures, a little smaller. They all had a pale grey/white complexion, large, black slanted eyes and apart from the taller one, they all wore these silvery looking jumpsuits.

The taller one started to move closer, I screamed for help as it placed its hand on my forehead. In what felt like a second I was in a large white room, on a cold hard metal table. There were more of these beings around the room, at other tables putting information into large screens. I tried to move but I couldn't get myself off the table. The tall one moved towards me, in an almost gliding fashion, it was holding this metal pole with four prongs sticking out of its end. It once again touched my forehead and I woke in my bed at 7:26am.

I got out of bed, scared of the night's events, but I managed to convince myself that it was a dream. I got undressed for the shower and yelled out loud when I saw a mark on my right shoulder; the mark was four red dots, that hurt to touch...they looked just like the end of the metal rod that the creature advanced towards me with...
♠ ♠ ♠
We both worked on this chapter.