Status: working on it

Something Went Wrong

quietly

Friday was... to say the least, tiring... I went to school, then after a long and painful basketball practice i went to Broken Wings. The time i finally got home was already 11 p.m. and i was nearly dead. I parked the cherry red pick-up truck in the garage and burst in the door throwing my gear and backpack on the floor and running tot he kitchen. To say the least i was starving. I stopped half way when i saw Damien in the living room.

"You're home?" i asked as i stopped. This was quite unusual. He would come home late, or if he came home earlier he just went in the private library/workroom that they had. Oh yeah. They had one. And it was pretty cool. Not too big, but the walls were hidden by bookshelves filled with all kinds of different books. i wanted to check them out, but then he came home and went in to work, closing me out.

"Yeah i'm home. I live here you know" he said looking at me from the recliner. I burst out laughing as i got a better look at him "WHAT?" he snapped

"Nothing nothing" i said as i was wiping my tears, never noticing that i was crouched down holding my stomach. He was working on something on his laptop and looked at me trough his glasses. Yep glasses. I have nothing against glasses. Many friends of mine have to use it, especially when reading or writing, but dude, he's a Vampire. As i looked at him i started laughing again.

"You're finally here? come on in, food's ready" Maria said. I barely noticed her standing next to me, i was laughing so hard. She looked in Damien's direction "Sir you forgot your glasses on" she said with a smile, which only made me laugh harder, then turned back to look at me and went in the kitchen "If you're not coming right now then you won't get any food" he said from the kitchen door.

"I'm comiiiiiiiiiing" i gasped getting up and straightened up to look at Damien one last time. I didn't even get the chance to look at him when he said

"Laugh one more time and i'll throw you out of the house" he said in such a menacing voice, the color drained from my face

"Then since you're not hungry..." i heard Maria sigh and i ran to the kitchen almost falling over the door. Food was ready and i was starving. Perfect combination. I sat right down to eat but Maria sent me to at least wash my hands.

"Hey how come Damien has glasses? Aren't vampires supposed to have super eyesight and all that? " i said while digging in the pasta she made.

"First of all, you need to slow down or you'll choke" she said putting away stuff in the kitchen. Secondly, you can ask him that yourself" she smile. I quickly finished eating and as i drank a soda Maria put some ice-cream in a bowl and a spoon next to it.

"Thanks. You need me to help with something?" i asked throwing away the empty can.

"No sweety. I'm already done. I will go home now so have fun" she said. I didn't even notice that she was already changed in his normal clothes. i said bye as she headed to the doors and went to get fudge sauce from the fridge and poured some on the chocolate ice cream she prepared for me, while going in the living room and lying down on the couch in front of Damien. He still looked angry. He didn't even look at me. The glasses were nowhere to be found and he was still working on something.

"Look i'm really sorry about that." i smiled. He still didn't look at me "I was just surprised to see you in glasses." He glanced at me then continued typing "... You looked pretty good in them" i whispered looking down on my ice cream and having a spoonful. I heard him stop typing 'fuck. he heard me...' "Anyway...why did you wear it?" i said to change the subject. He sighted

"...I had a meeting with somebody. I went with Justin and he talked me into wearing it. Apparently humans... like to think that if someone has glasses on then that person is smarter... That's stupid tho" he said turning back to work some more. I looked at him. He was right. Many people have the impression that glasses make someone look smarter. hmm. I watched him and tried to picture him with the glasses again, but he cached me staring "What"

"sorry" i said looking away

"Just say it already"

"Okay but only if you'll do it" i said looking back

"Doing what?" he asked looking at me with slightly raise brows

"Put those glasses on" i said with a smile

"No" he said in an instant looking back down

"Oh come on. I already saw you with it"

"Yeah and you had a good laugh. Now leave me alone so i can finish this."

"Oh come on. I won't laugh. i promise. It's not like it'll hurt you or anything... Please" i said looking at him with those cute little puppy eyes i mastered a while ago and batting my eyelashes

"Why?" he said looking back up looking tired and having a slightly annoyed edge in his voice

"I just want to have a good look" he sighted

"Fine" he said taking it out from under some papers on the table. He leaned back, sighted and put it on. My mouth dropped. He looked so good! It didn't look funny on him. First time i saw him in it i barely got a glance. Now i took my time looking at him. i tilted my head to one side and took a good long look at him. He looked a little tired, his hair was messy and stuck out in different angles. The black framed glasses looked really good on him accentuating his black hair and those beautiful deep blue eyes that could melt or freeze anyone just from one glace. He did it now too. The look he had on could melt me in a second. I could feel myself blush until he took it off and put it back on his papers.

"It looks good on you" i said looking at the glasses before i'd do something stupid. He didn't say a thing. I finished my ice cream and went to wash the dish, then went back in the living room pulling out my i-pod and listening to it with one earplug

"Do you ever stop listening to that thing?" he asked after a while.

"Hmm, well if we're having a match then i'm not listening to it, but sometimes on practices and classes it's good to listen to it. it makes me have a good mood" i said turning so i was laying on my back. "Why?" i asked looking up to him in a weird angle

"I'm working. it's disturbing" he huffed still typing. i furrowed my eyebrows until he looked at me with the same look "Could you please turn it off?"

"It's already quiet enough" he blinked a few times with tired look

"Yeah but i can still hear it loud and clear"

"Really?" i said mocking him

"Vampire" he said pointing to himself "Remember?"

"Yeah yeah. okay." i said getting the i-pod and turning it off.

"Thank you" he said as if it was the best thing that would've happen to him. I stayed like that for a while but the silence was killing me. i turned over and propped my arms under my chin and just looked at him for a while

"What" he said not even looking at me. i didn't answer so he stopped and looked at me "What?"

"What's it like to be a vampire?" i said tilting my head. He raised one eyebrow at my question "What? I'm curious"

"Well kind of normal" he said turning back to work

"Normal?" i said in disbelief

"You know since i am one, for me it is pretty normal"

"Oh" there was silence again for a few minutes "How old are you" he stopped again and looked at me "What? Oh come on. Why is it such a big taboo for you guys? No vampire tells me his age" i whined

"Who did you ask before"

"Blake" he looked back down and started working again "Why won't you tell me?" he sighted

"Vampires are not as young as they look. We age until we reach a certain age. It could be 18, 20, 15 or more. It depends on the person. Then the aging slows down drastically" i tilted my head again and took a good look at him. He had a great body. Not one that a kid had. He was about 20-21, he looked young but he also had a certain look on his face that showed a humongous amount of knowledge. "21" he responded to my unasked question. "You see me as 21."

"Are you older then that?"

"Maybe" he said with a small smile and a look that told me he won't tell me anything more. After a while another question popped in my mind

"How come you have no problem being near me?" when he looked at me i quickly recomposed it "I mean as in me being human full of fresh delicious blood"

"Maybe your blood isn't delicious enough" he smirked. I glared at him "It's not like we attack any human in our way" he started explaining "there are some who do that but that's just out of hobby" he said i shuddered. Maniac vampires. Great. "We can be near humans without attacking them. We have no problem with your smell"

"So you don't mind if, for example, this house would be full of humans" i grinned

"What do you ... ahh now i get it. Spit it"

"What are you talking about" he just looked at me "Well you know. I mean, then you wouldn't mind if for example this house would be full of maybe my friends or something". :He had a weird look on his face raising an eyebrow "would you mind if i called some friends ove this weekend?"

"You're asking for permission?" he smirked with a smug look on his face

"Haha. Very funny. I just really don't want my friends slaughtered"

"Do they know you're living with vampires?"

"No. It's not my secret to tell. I don't want anything bad to happen. Blake told me that this isn't something that anyone can know about. i was told not to tell anyone"

"Blake told you...."

"Now what?" i said flopping back on the bed

"Nothing" I dropped it and just closed my eyes.

Tomorrow is Saturday. I wonder how it'll be. I started wondering how the last game was. I hope it'll go as smooth as it did last time, but it would be cooler to really fight in the game. As in to have a real match.
I wonder who will come. Jimmy and Paul can't come. They gotta go somewhere else. So does Sarah. Dawn will be there because she plays too. I'd like it if someone else would come too. None of my family members ever came. I started getting that weird feeling again. The one that i always get when we have something important going on, and there are always family members next to the others while i have none. An idea pooped into my head

"Hey... Would you like to come to a basketball game tomorrow?" i asked slowly.

"Why?"

"I have a game tomorrow" i said wishing i didn't ask. After a few seconds he responded

"I'm pretty busy"

"Okay" i laid like that for a while longer until i turned my i-pod back on and went up to my room. 'I hoped for too much'.....