Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

Leaving

We drove up to the airport; on the way there I looked out at what I was leaving. I was glad; this shit town had nothing for me. My dad pulled up to the main entrance of the airport and looked over at me.
"Are you sure this is what you want?"
"I'm sure" I said confidently. We get out of the car and I grab a trolley and we put my suitcases on it. My dad hands me my ticket.
"See you at Christmas Kid-o," he said as he gripped me in a tight hug.
"Bye dad." I said pushing my trolley towards the gate. "Oh wait!" I yelped, running back to my dad, "If Tre comes by the house give him this." I handed him an envelope.
"Green haired friend who eats all our food?"
I nod.


Dear Tre,

There is nothing keeping me in California so I'm going to New York to work on my dance career. I suggest you go to that clown school you wanted to go to because I am not coming back for you. I've enclosed the necklace you gave me, the promise you made when you gave it to me meant nothing, so I have no sentimental attachment to it. Have a good life.

Bianca


I get to New York and take a cab to the dance academy. I walk up to the front desk and ask the secretary where my dorm is and she gives me my information package with my schedule and academy rules. I lug my suitcases up three flights of stairs to my dorm room where I met my roommate for the next two years, Molly.


Jill,

My roommate Molly is totally awesome; she likes pretty much all the bands I like. (She also is a modern dancer.) I have to admit; sometimes I miss Tre (but don't tell him that). Most of the guys hear are from rich families, basically male prosthetics and they're not funny at all, I mean real stiffs.(ha-ha stiffs) The dance teachers are really tough here, I mean my confidence level is shot. Anyway how's everyone? Argh! Why am I even writing this letter, I have nothing much to say. Just write me back so I have something amusing to read.

Bianca


One afternoon, a day when I don't have any classes I decide to blast The Sex Pistols in order to numb my homesickness.
"Holy Crap Bianca! I can hear the music all the way down the hall!" Molly lectures as she walks into the dorm.
"Sorry," I say as I walk over to the tape player and lower the volume sufficiently, "What's that in your hand?"
"Oh, letter for you," she says handing me a big yellow envelope. I open the envelope and pull out the letter.


Bianca!

It's me Jill! School started three weeks ago and it sucks! I'm here all alone, in case you didn't notice Mike is a year older than me, so he's already in community college.

Tre really misses you, but he's on an acid trip every other night. (so don't you dare think about coming back). I walked in the apartment the morning after you left and he was sitting on the sofa staring at the necklace he gave you and the shorts you stole from him. He put on the necklace and slid it inside his shirt, then he saw me standing there and threw the shorts at me. He told me to send them to you, I'm not sure why. He hasn't taken off the necklace since. What the hell did you write in that letter, Tre now has started Clown College (There's actually such thing, can you believe it?) He keeps babbling about how he wants to ride a unicycle on stage wearing a pink tutu.

But enough about Tre, Aide is here, she moved into the apartment with the guys actually. I practically live in the apartment too; I mean I brought some of my stuff over. My mom finally met Mike last week, she approves of him, well sort of, she has issues with his tattoos.

In case you haven't realized there's other stuff in the envelope. Firstly, I sent you a copy of my math homework so you can see the fun you're missing. Secondly, a preliminary copy of Kerplunk (Billie Joe wants your opinion on it before they release it.) Third, a rubber chicken, I'm not sure but Mike said it makes a good stress reliever. Fourth, a copy of the Catcher in the Rye from your dad, he says it's a good story (Billie agrees). And finally, Tre's shorts.

Hope this letter wasn't a complete downer,

Jill


I finished reading this letter and tears are trickling down my face.
"I'll leave you alone," Molly says as she makes her way to the door. I put Kerplunk in the tape player, pinned Jill's homework to my wall. I pick up Tre's shorts, and walked to the garbage shoot in the hall, I lift the lid and nearly throw them in, but for some reason I couldn't. I don't know why, but I walked back to my dorm and placed the shorts in my bottom drawer. I took the rubber chicken Mike sent me and squeezed the hell out of it, he was right it is a good stress reliever. I opened the Catcher in the Rye and wondered to myself I should've stayed in Rodeo.

These thoughts continued to come to me as my teacher yelled at me for not giving my full effort. I decided not to go to the rest of my classes that day, instead I head back to my dorm and I pull out the shorts.