Sequel: Green Porcupine

Bus Stop

The Meeting

Dear Billie Joe,

I really don't remember anyone named Tre in my grade six class, he's probably mistaken, I went to P.S.432. Of course I'll come to your concert! I'm dragging my friend Jill with me(well actually she's coming on her own free will) Oh yes I know Veronica, she's in my gym class, she's a real bitch (this theory's proven, how can she hate you and Tre, you two seem awesome!)

Yours truly,
Bianca


I drop the letter in Billie's bag as I walk onto the bus, that day after school. From our seat Jill and I watch as he reads the letter smiling to himself. He pulls out a pen and paper from his bag and he begins to write. A look of satisfaction comes across his face as he leaves the letter on his seat and walks off the bus.



Bianca,

I realized why you don't remember Tre, his real name is Frank, it's just we all started calling him Tre Cool, he doesn't even respond to the name Frank anymore. By the way Veronica just dumped Mike's sorry ass, apparently the pep squad says she can't date a "freak" and be a cheerleader, she made her decision. Mike seems to be taking it well (personally I think he was getting sick of her). I'm so glad you're coming to the concert, so I'll finally get to meet you. Don't bother writing anymore letters, I'm not coming to school for the rest of the week.

Billie Joe

P.S.
Tre and I agree completely...we are awesome.


Friday evening I find myself at Jill's house, taking over her bedroom mirror.
"Are you ready?" Jill asks fixing her hair.
"Hold on, just let me put on some eyeliner," I say applying some black eyeliner to my lower eyelid.
"Ready." We walk down to the bus stop and take the bus to the concert location.

We get to the concert a little late because we walked in during a song. We make our way up to the stage and I think to myself, stage lights must add sexiness because all three guys looked so much more awesome than they do on the bus. Green Day sings a few more songs including ones called, Disappearing Boy, Green Day and The Judge's Daughter. I can't help but notice Tre going berserk on the drums, but Jill has her eye specifically on Mike. As I see them walk off stage, Jill and I head off to get some drinks.

"I'm glad you're the one who's been writing me letters," someone whispers in my ear, before I had a chance to get to the bar. Turning around slowly to see Billie Joe.
"Hey, you played well," I say smiling, "Oh and this is my friend Jill"
"Why hello Jill," Billie Joe says bowing comically, "These are my band-mates, Tre Cool and Mike."
"Hi," Jill and I say simultaneously.
"Hi...umm...Jill...can I....umm possibly...buy you a drink?" Mike asks running his hands through his hair nervously.
"Sure," Jill says smiling as she walks to the bar with Mike.
"I know this sounds repetitive but, can I buy you a drink?" Billie asks confidently.
"Yeah, of course," I say as I take his hand and walk to the bar. Meanwhile Tre is going around asking various girls if they wanted to see his penis. After chatting with Billie for a while some pep squad girls from Pinole Valley High enter the place.
"Jeez, not them," Billie says rolling his eyes, "Poser tweeds, what the fuck are they doing here?"
"Damn prosthetic bitches," I mutter under my breath. As Lauren, Veronica and Debbie walk up to the bar.
"Look at this," Lauren says to the other two prosthetics, "We've walked into a freak convention." Veronica and Debbie snicker amongst themselves.
"Why don't you three go find some prep-ass dick to suck?" Billie says trying to get them to piss off.
"Oh, this one has attitude" Lauren says to the other two as if we were zoo animals. At that moment I got an interesting idea. I got up and made my way up on stage and grabbed the mic.
"Hello my dear bar people. I would like to have a round of applause for three grade-A bitches here tonight, I'd like to present Lauren, Veronica and Debbie. C'mon they go out of their way to make me and the punk underbelly miserable, so let's here it" the people at the bar look at me blankly then all of a sudden Billie, Mike, Tre and Jill start clapping and whooting, then the other people at the bar joined in, of course they had to, this place was just a whole bunch of punks.
"This is for you bitches!" I say as I moon them and jump off the stage and sit back next to Billie.
"I can't believe you just did that!" Tre says excitedly, "I think I love you!" I laugh a little at Tre's comment, then look over at Billie who is laughing uncontrollably, practically falling off his seat. The three prosthetics left the place almost immediately, red embarassed faces and all. Mike and Jill seem to be getting along awfully well. At the end of the night I look over at Jill who's mesmerized by her conversation with Mike.
"We should get going," I say to Jill. Jill looks at her watch dissappointed.
"You're right."
"We'll drive you home." Mike volunteers glancing at Billie and Tre who nod in agreement. We all squeeze into Mike's truck and he drives us to Jill's house, where I'm supposed to sleep over. Everyone except Tre piles out of Mike's truck when we arrive at Jill's.
"I'm glad you came to our show tonight." Billie says as he leans in for a kiss. I grace him with a very enjoyable open mouth kiss.
"Me too," I say as I walk away slowly. Mike and Jill are having their own tender moment, which breaks apart as Tre accidentally presses the horn of the truck.

"That was fun," Jill says as you enter her house.