Girl Next Door

Supermarket

Kylie sighed, as she pushed the buggy down the supermarket for her mother. They were shopping for the big party, which was still two days away. They were going to be decorating the house this afternoon. Kylie was finally getting excited for the party. Her mom had invited nearly the entire neighborhood, so she was probably going to be seeing people she hadn't saw in a long time. There was only one person who she wasn't looking forward to seeing, and she honestly doubted he would be there. He was probably too busy with being an asshole to show up.

"Kylie?" Her mother's voice said, bringing her out of all her thoughts.

"Yeah?" She said, looking at her.

"I asked you what kind of cookies I should make. . ."

"Oh. . . Uhm, I guess chocolate chip mom. That's usually every ones favorite." Kylie said.

Her mother flashed her a toothy grin and then began loading the buggy down with everything she would need to make different desserts. She followed behind her mother quietly. The buggy kept getting harder and harder to push due to the groceries in it, and she began wondering why her mom had asked her to come along instead of Cole or Cyrus.

"So, where are Cole and Cyrus today?" She asked, knowing they had been gone when she had woke up. Tori was still at the house though.

"I think they went to visit an old friend of Cole's." Rachel said.

"An old friend?" Kylie questioned.

"You know. . . Brian's son, Brian." She giggled, "I always thought it was weird how he shared the same name as his father."

Kylie cocked a brow, "They are hanging out with him?" She said, slightly rolling her eyes.

"Oh Ky," Her mother scolded, "Don't be so mean. That boy is very nice."

"Nice?" Kylie asked, wondering if her mother had got him confused with someone else. Nothing about Brian Haner Jr was nice.

"Yes, nice. He and Cole used to be best friends and I think it's just amazing they are hanging out again. You need to be a sweet heart and respect your brothers relationship."

"Whatever." Kylie mumbled, pushing the cart through the super market.

She didn't say a word as her mother finished up her shopping. She couldn't believe he had her mom fooled. Did she not remember all the times she would run into the house crying her eyes out?

Cole and Cyrus both laughed as Brian told them stories from his previous tours. It was good for all the guys to catch up again. Brian was happy his friends were back in town for awhile. It was good to see them again. It was good to escape Michelle's constant bitching.

"So," Brian said, turning his attention to Cole, "I saw that blond bombshell you snagged." He laughed.

"You saw Tori?" Cole asked.

"Yeah, when I was pulling out of the drive way. She was standing on the porch. Damn man, where did you find a girl like her?" He laughed.

"Tori hasn't even been out of the house since we got here. . . Are you sure you didn't see Ky?" Cole asked confused.

"Ky?" Brian asked, scrunching his eyebrows in confusion.

"Our sister, Kylie." Cyrus said.

"Four eyes, over weight Kylie?"

Both of her brothers broke out into a loud roar of laughter. Of course, Brian wouldn't think the bombshell standing on the porch was Kylie. The only memories he had of her appearance were ugly ones. Cole continued to laugh as Cyrus shook his head.

"Did the girl have long hair?"

"Yeah." Brian said, still not catching on.

"That's Kylie."

"Kylie. . ." Brian said, remembering back to the gorgeous blond he had saw on the porch, "It couldn't be." He whispered.

It couldn't be. It just couldn't. He didn't see how it possibly could be. The Kylie he remembered was over weight with large gold framed glasses. She talked with a squeaky voice and she was the most annoying kid in the neighborhood, or at least that's how he treated her. She couldn't have transformed into that stunning blond haired angel he had saw on the porch. That kind of transformation wasn't possibly.

"Did she fucking have plastic surgery or something?" Brian asked, causing the brothers to laugh yet again.

"She just grew up, man." Cole assured him.

"She's even dabbling in modeling and such. She's about to graduate school too." Cyrus added.

"Are you. . . sure that was Kylie?" Brian asked. He still thought they were misunderstanding him. It just couldn't be the girl he used to torment.

"You don't believe us." Cyrus laughed, "Just come in the house for a bit this afternoon. We can use a hand with decorations and you can see for yourself."

"But don't you dare fucking hit on her." Cole stated seriously.

Brian couldn't help but to laugh, "I would never hit on Kylie, Cole." He shook his head, "Don't you remember me giving her hell back in the day?"

"I do." Cole nodded, "But, I'm warning you. She's a knock out now, Bri. She's going to blow your mind away when you see her."

He tossed his head back with laughter. They were mistaken. The blond angel he saw couldn't be Kylie. He was probably just imagining some woman on their porch. He knew it couldn't be Kylie. He decided to go along with them to the house, just to prove it to himself. No woman could get that hot when she used to be hideous. She was forever an ugly duckling in his eyes.

"So, do you have a woman?" Cyrus asked, as they drove back towards the house.

"Yeah." Brian replied, "Michelle. You remember Valary Dibenetto, right?"

"Yeah. I remember her. She was in our grade, or maybe one under us, right?" Cole asked.

"Yeah. Well, it's her twin sister."

"Oh. That's neat." Cyrus said, "Valary's pretty, so I'm guessing Michelle is too." He laughed.

"Yeah." Brian said, "Matt and Valary got married last year."

"Wow." Cole chuckled, "Not surprising." He added, "Those two were always meant to be."

"Yeah." Brian said, nodding his head.

They pulled up to the drive way and saw that Rachel was walking out of the house. Brian opened the door and over heard her telling Cyrus she had just forgot something in the car from when they had went grocery shopping earlier.

"So, you ready to be blown away?" Cole asked him with a sly smile.

Brian laughed, knowing his friend was wrong, "I doubt I'll be blown away."

Cole chuckled, "You'll eat those words later my friend." Cole said, as he held the door open for Brian to walk inside the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image