Girl Next Door

Don't Say It

Kylie groaned as she placed the cold wash cloth against her forehead. It was almost nine at night, and she was trying to recover from the worse hangover in the world. She had stayed up until five AM drinking, just as she had the previous night. She woke up a couple of hours ago to the worse feeling in the world. After she vomited the entire content of her stomach up, she moved to the couch with a cold wash cloth, and hasn't moved since. She felt like shit, and decided drinking was not the best choice to deal with what was going on.

She groaned out in agony as she thought about the past couples of day she had spent in the mountains. They had done her no good. She had drank her way through all the liquor, and the only thing she received from that was a tore up stomach and a killer headache. She brought her hand up and massaged her temples lightly, hoping to seek some kind of treatment from the pain.

She sighed as she thought about what put her in this position. She shook her head as a tear fell down her cheek. Brian had cheated on her. The guy who she had been falling in love with had cheated on her. With his fucking ex girlfriend of all people. Kylie closed her eyes and decided to try to sleep the hang over off.

Brian let out a loud sigh of relief as he parked his truck beside her car. It was exactly where they said it would be. In Big Bear at cabin four. He ran his hands through his mess of hair as he opened his door and began walking towards the cabin. He swallowed hard not knowing what he planned on saying. He kind of hoped she would just run into his arms, but he knew the odds of that happening were stacked against him.

Brian decided that he would turn the knob to see if the cabin was unlocked first. He knew if she saw him, or even suspected that it was him before he actually got inside then she would try her damnest to avoid him. He exhaled loudly when he realized the door was in fact unlocked. He just hoped she didn't clock him with something before he had a chance to explain.

He walked inside and looked around. He didn't see her anywhere and he burrowed his brows together. Where could she be? He was confused as he looked around yet again. He walked further into the cabin, closing the door quietly behind him. He saw a foot hanging off the edge of the sofa, and walked a bit closer. He sighed softly as he looked on the couch and saw her sleeping. He saw a wash cloth on her forehead and was instantly confused. Why was there a random cloth on her forehead? He looked over in the corner and saw tons of empty bottles of liquor. He groaned, Cyrus had been right.

He walked over and began picking up the bottles and analyzing just how much she had drank. He was surprised by the actual amount of liquor she had consumed since she had been gone. It was a lot, especially for a girl who didn't drink anymore. He turned around upon hearing a soft groan. He frowned seeing her hand on her forehead. Slowly her eyes came open, revealing her baby blues to the world. She looked over in his direction and her mouth dropped open.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She spat, sitting up on the couch.

"Bab--"

"Don't you fucking say it, Brian."

"Ky, just talk to me."

"No." She said, standing up.

Kylie couldn't believe he was here. How the fuck did he find her? She groaned out as she looked at him. He looked awful. He had bags under his eyes, and one of his eyes, to her complete shock was black. Even though Cole had told her she had blacked his eye, she didn't believe it. But with him standing in front of her she could see that she had. She bit down on her bottom lip as he began to walk towards her. At first she was feeling weak, and actually considered talking to him. But then she shook her head. She didn't want to hear anything he had to say.

"Leave, Brian."

"Not until you hear me out."

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You haven't even let me explain!"

"I don't need to. I saw it with my own eyes."

"Kylie, you don't know shit!" Brian groaned. "Michelle completely fucking twisted the situation around."

"I don't care what she twisted, Brian." Kylie seethed. "I saw enough to know what was going on!"

"Nothing was going on!" He screamed. "I was fucking planning our evening together and the bitch showed up saying she forgot a sweater!"

"Oh yeah." Kylie replied sarcastically. "That's really fucking believable, Brian."

"It should be, it's the fucking truth."

"I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth!"

"Kylie! You need to fucking listen to me. Ask your fucking brothers!"

"I don't need to ask them shit. I don't need to listen to you. I saw everything I needed to see."

"You saw me fucking standing there completely clothed, apologizing to you because I wasn't finished preparing for our evening. That's all you fucking saw." Brian spat. "Then that bitch came down the stairs and put some fucking insecure thoughts in your head, and you bailed out before even hearing what the fuck was going on."

"Can you just leave?" Kylie asked softly.

She didn't know what to believe right now. Brian seemed hell bent on making her see that she was wrong, but how could she believe him when she had watched the whole thing go down?

"Just go, Bri." She whispered.

He groaned loudly as he walked out the door of the cabin. He didn't plan on leaving, but he sure as hell needed a cigarette right now.

Kylie shuddered as the door slammed. She didn't know if he planned on leaving or not. She wanted to break down crying, but she stood strong. She wanted so badly to believe him.

If he wasn't telling the truth then would he have drove all the way up here to tell her? If he was guilty then he probably would have just stopped talking to her, especially after the black eye incident. Most guys would have done that anyways, whether they were guilty or not.

She groaned out loudly, as she began to walk for the door. Maybe she could catch him before he left. She pulled the door open and stepped outside. She was surprised to see him sitting on the cabin steps, puffing away on a Marlboro.

"Hey." She whispered, sinking down beside him.

"Ready to talk?" He asked, taking another puff.

She nodded. "I guess."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image