Girl Next Door

Cherish

Kylie giggled as Brian ran his hands up and down her bare stomach. He then leaned down and placed a soft kiss just above her belly button, and all the way up her stomach, over her bra, and to her lips. She giggled softly as he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers. The kiss was short and quick, just what she needed. It had been almost six weeks now since Cole's accident. Things were slowly getting back to normal, but they were still waiting for Cole to wake up. Kylie knew once he woke up, then things would once again be turned upside down.

"I love you." Brian murmured, kissing the side of her mouth.

"I love--" Kylie's sentence was cut short due to the loud ringing of the phone.

Brian sighed as he grabbed it from the table, pressed the answer button and then brought it up to his ear. Before he could even say hello, he heard Cyrus talking quickly and told them to get to the hospital. Brian could tell by the tone of his voice that this was good news.

"Is he awake?" Brian asked.

"Yes!" Cyrus yelled into the phone. "Bring Kylie and come on!"

Kylie sat up quickly and looked at Brian with a smile on her face as he hung up the phone. He simply just smirked at her and she squealed out as she leaped over and wrapped her arms around his neck and began smothering him with kisses. He chuckled as he tore his face away from hers, even though he would have rather spent all day like that. He knew she needed to see her brother.

"Get some clothes on and let's go."

Kylie raced down the halls of the hospital, and Brian chuckled as he followed behind her as quickly as possible. Kylie pushed open the door to her brother's room and walked in. She froze when she saw him sitting up in the bed. He looked like he was devastated and she knew they had probably already broke the news to him.

Cole's eyes shifted over to his sister and he smiled softly upon seeing her. She rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face face in his chest. Cole raised his hand up and ran it up and down Kylie's back.

"I missed you so incredibly much." She murmured softly.

She pulled away and Cole half smiled at her. It was going to take him awhile to deal with everything and Kylie understood that. Kylie walked over and took a seat on Brian's lap, who had came in and sat down in a waiting chair.

"So, is everything okay with him?" Kylie asked.

Rachel nodded, "Doctor said he may be loopy for awhile, but yes, everything is okay. Most of his injuries from the accident have healed as well."

Cole still didn't say anything. He moved from the sitting position to a laying position. Kylie frowned and Brian wrapped his arms around her. Cyrus walked into the room. He came into the room and went straight over to Cole's bed side.

"Did you say hi to Ky and Brian?" Cyrus asked.

Cole didn't say a word, and Cyrus groaned. Rachel scolded Cyrus and told him to give his brother time. Cole had barely spoke but a few words since he had woke up, and hadn't spoke a word since he found out about Tori and the baby.

"Mom, you need to get home and get some rest." Cyrus said.

Kylie sighed. "Go on home mom. Bri and I will stay here for awhile."

"No, no. I'll stay."

"Go." Cole whispered. "Get some rest."

Rachel eventually gave in and she and Cyrus decided to leave and get some rest. They said they would come back during the evening hours. Kylie offered to walk them to their vehicle, leaving Brian and Cole along.

Cole waited for his family to leave the room before he looked over at Brian and sighed.

"You better cherish her, Bri."

"I do." Brian nodded.

"No, I'm being serious." Cole whispered. "Cherish every moment you have with her, every second."

Brian nodded, knowing this must be hard on Cole.

"Kylie's one of the most important people in my life." Cole said. "She's my little sister and I love that girl more than anything. I expect you to take care of her if something ever happens to me. I expect you to be there to keep her safe."

"Cole, you have nothing to worry about. I'm going to keep her safe and protect her."

"Do you plan on marrying her one day, Brian? Because if you don't--"

"I do, one day."

"She deserves the best, and I'm actually glad she's with you. Despite the threats I make I know she's in good hands with you."

Kylie walked back into the room and noticed they shut up when she entered. She arched a brow as she looked between the two of them.

"Kylie?"

Kylie's head snapped in the direction of Cole, she smiled softly and walked over and sat down on the bed beside her brother.

"What did they name her?" He asked softly.

" Nevaeh Grace." Kylie told him.

He nodded his name. That was a beautiful name. He and Tori hadn't really thought of names, they were going to see what name suited her when she was born. He sighed softly, and laid back in his hospital bed. He knew he had a lot of emotional healing to do, but with his family by his side he knew it was possible to over come all of this, even if right now it felt like there was no overcoming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what I just wrote the last chapter to? :) This story will be ending on Chapter 70, and I have an idea for a new Brian story that I should start working on soon to come out when this one is over. :)

Image