Girl Next Door

Always Knew

Kylie ran a hand through her hair as she watched Brian lay down a few new songs on the album. Cole was with her at the studio today, she had basically forced him to come along. It had been a week since he woke up and he was trying to move on from everything, but it was hard. He had took some time off work to deal with things, and he was currently staying with his mother and brother. He was thinking about selling his house, and moving back home permanently. He could always find another job in his field. He didn't want to go back to the house, which was filled with memories of what he no longer had.

"You want something to drink, Cole?" She asked her brother.

"I'm fine."

She nodded her head and then made her way towards the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle of water and took a few sips of it before walking back into the room and over to Brian. She giggled softly as a few curse words escaped his mouth. He had just messed up, and was aggravated. She handed him the water and he thanked her with a smirk, and then gulped back some of the contents before trying again. She walked back over and took a seat next to her brother.

"What time is the BBQ tomorrow night?" Cole asked softly.

"Uhm, around seven I believe." Kylie said.

Matt and Val were hosting a BBQ and had basically invited the entire residence of California. Kylie's entire family was going, along with a lot of members of Brian's. She was looking forward to spending some time with everyone, and seeing how people blended together. She already knew her family got along great with Brian's. They had been neighbors forever, and good ones at that. But she wondered how everyone else would blend together.

"The guys are pretty cool." Cole said.

"Yeah, they're a riot." Kylie nodded.

"I always knew he'd be famous." Cole chuckled.

"You did?"

"Yeah, even when we were playing sports and shit in the back yard he was complaining about how he needed to learn a new song on the guitar."

Kylie giggled. "Yeah, he still complains about that now too."

"Did you ever think you'd end up with him?" Cole asked.

"No." She shook her head. "I never thought I'd be sitting here today. It's still hard to believe sometimes. He's the guy who made me cry. He made me so insecure of myself and my appearance and now he makes me feel good about myself."

Cole half smiled. "Funny how things work out."

"It is." Kylie nodded, "But everything happens for a reason, Col."

"I don't see the reason behind me losing my wife and daughter." Cole whispered.

"I know," Kylie said softly. "You may never see the reason behind that, but you've got to remember they are both in a better place now, and they know you love them more than anything. Tor would want you to move on Cole. Tori wouldn't want you to mope over this."

"I know that." He said, his eyes coating over with tears as he thought of his wife's loving face. "It's just hard because I love her so much. I still think when I wake up in the morning I'm going to turn over and see her face. It just seems so fucking unfair that I lost her, and Neaveh."

Kylie wrapped her arm around his shoulder and placed a kiss on his cheek. She didn't know what to say to make him feel better about the situation. There was nothing she could say to bring his wife or daughter back.

"Everything's going to be okay, Col. I promise." She said.

He forced a smile. "I know it will."

Brian finished up the song and decided he needed to take a break. He placed his guitar down and walked over to where his girlfriend and her brother were seated. He sat down and pulled her close to him. Cole chuckled softly at the affection between the two of them.

"You guys bored yet?" Brian laughed.

"Nah, man." Cole said. "It's cool to watch you."

"Zacky and Matt should be back in a few minutes. Matt's going to lay down some vocal tracks, you guys can watch me make him angry."

"How are you gonna do that baby?" Kylie asked.

"You'll see." Brian smirked.

Kylie giggled as Matt flipped Brian off through the glass that held him inside the recording booth. Brian kept calling out remarks on how Matt wasn't getting the song right. He would say his voice was flat, or too high, or just didn't sound right. Matt's voice sounded fine, Brian just wanted to fuck with him.

"He's going to kick your fucking ass, Bri." Zacky laughed.

"Probably," Brian smirked.

Kylie giggled as she laid her head down on Brian's shoulder. He continued to piss Matt off for about ten minutes before he came out and punched him in the shoulder. Brian rubbed his shoulder, feeling the pain of the punch, and wrapped his arm around Kylie.

"I love you." He whispered, kissing her temple.

She sighed with a laugh. "I love you too, even though you're so mean to Matt."

"He'll get a kick out of it one day, when we're crippled and telling our bullshit stories around the living room."

Kylie laughed. "Brian Haner Jr as an old man, that's something I'd like to see."

He smiled as he looked over into her blue eyes.

"You will see it one day. You'll be right there next to me, babe." He said leaning over and kissing her on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image