Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty Two.

As I reached my door I twisted the knob allowing it to open as I briskly walked inside and shut the door behind me. As I leaned my back up against the door and let out a sigh I suddenly remembered that during the card game, well “build a pyramid of cards Rubano style” that Matt had mentioned they’d filmed a video for “Liar” which I most definitely wanted to see, considering it was my favourite song by them, so I walked over to my laptop case and unzipped it, removed my laptop and crashed on my bed.
I lifted up the screen and pushed the on button as I waited for it to load, considering I’d left it on hibernate it didn’t take that long, and as soon as it did I opened up a new window and typed “youtube” in the search engine. I prayed that my internet would work at a decent speed for once because it took about five to ten minutes to load normally, but not today, I think it could sense my anxiousness to see the video that it worked at a decent speed for me. I stuck my headphones into the slot on my laptop so I could contain the sound, especially if one of the guys walked into my room and thought I was a mad person for wanting to watch their stuff, ha-ha. I typed in “Taking Back Sunday” in the box and pressed enter, the page loaded with a load of videos that included videos, live performances, you get the idea. I scrolled down the page ‘till I found what I was looking for, when I finally found it I punched the air in excitement and clicked the video.
After it’d finished I sat there in shock, holy shit the video was actually amazing and it fit the song so well. I watched the video another few times then spent the rest of my night just looking through some live performances and interviews with the band, it was weird watching them on the internet considering they were literally just downstairs, I knew for sure the guys would make it big, well even bigger, I should say. After a few hours of looking at videos my eyes started to feel heavy but I wanted to continue watching their videos so I fought against it as much as I could, but of course, sleep got the better of me although I didn’t know it, ha-ha.

Adam’s POV:

“What the hell is Taylor doing up there?” Matt chuckled.

We were all sat in the living room, in the same places we were earlier, minus Taylor, of course.

“Like I care” I scoffed.

Okay so I agree with Taylor, this was definitely going to be hard, It’ll take a long time to make real progress and act civil the majority of the time, I couldn’t help it though, I was so used to insulting her and thinking of a cocky comment or comeback that I couldn’t just stop straight away, and I’m sure Taylor felt the same.

“I don’t even think Fifty dollars could get you two talking civilly” Matt sighed.

We can hold some what a conversation when it’s just us, even though it dies and gets awkward real quick, but it’s to be expected I thought.

“I highly doubt it” I replied.

“You two are worse than a married couple, seriously, I don’t even think they fight as much as you two do!” Lidia exclaimed as she led her head on Matt’s shoulder.

“Whatever, she starts it” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“You both start it Adam, you’re one as bad as each other” Lidia said.

“Maybe…I suppose” I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck.

“Just go and see if she’s alright?” Matt asked.

“Why me?! I’m the last person she’d want to see, she hates me!” I scoffed.
“Just go and see if she’s alright Adam” Matt retorted.

“Why can’t you do it? You‘re her cousin!” I protested.

“Because I’ve asked you to go” Matt smirked, knowing I really didn’t want to.

“Fine, but if I end up dead you’re not getting anything in my will” I sighed as I got up and rolled my eyes at him.

“Good luck!” Lidia shouted as I left the room.

I was definitely going to need it.

I walked up the first flight of stairs one step at a time, as slowly as I could, because I really really didn’t want to do this, my protesting got me no-where, damn Matt. I know that we’d been able to talk in some sense when it was just us two earlier but I really couldn’t be bothered to have another argument tonight, I think we’d already had enough for one day, tomorrow that’d change, though. Tomorrow was Wednesday, which meant we were all going to the Long Island fair, “all” as in Matt, Lidia, Fred, Eddie, Taylor, Mark, and myself. I didn’t know how to feel about it, maybe being away from Taylor for a few hours and her with me even though we’d still be there but probably not in the same place with each other all the time would do us some good in the sense that we wouldn’t argue in the middle of a fair, even we know that’d just ruin it.
When I reached Taylor’s door I took a deep breath knowing that as soon as I walked in there she’d immediately shout and ask why the fuck was I doing in her room. I exhaled quickly and pushed the door open quietly, waiting for the shout to come, but it didn’t. I walked in slowly and peered my head around the door to be met with the sight of Taylor leaning against the wall, earphones in with a laptop resting on her lap. I smirked to myself this could be a great idea for revenge I thought as I scanned her room for something to use as revenge, I couldn’t see anything at first that'd be useful, then as my eyes scanned her desk I couldn’t see anything there either but as I looked away something caught my eye, my head snapped back to see a black permanent marker lying on there.
Perfect.
I crept slowly up to her without making a sound, she definitely had good squeak free floorboards. As I reached the desk I picked up the permanent marker and pulled the top off as quietly I could, but alas, it still make a noise, not enough to wake Taylor though, hallelujah.
I stepped slowly the few steps it would take me to reach her bed and stopped, and got myself in a good position to write on her. I pressed the marker lightly to her head without so much as a stir from Taylor, I smirked at that, and began writing.
Although, as I was just about to write the last letter and complete my work, something caught my eye. I turned my head the left slightly and looked at the laptop screen, it read Taking Back Sunday: The Making Of Liar. It kind of stunned me for a second, that’d she’d been looking us up on you tube, it was quite…nice, that she liked our music so much. I quickly snapped out of it though, and wrote the final letter on her forehead. I leaned back to admire my work, and smirked. I couldn’t wait to see her reaction when she woke up. I put the top back on the marker and placed it back on the desk and quietly as I could, tip-toed out of her room. I walked the few steps to the stairs and began my walk down them.
I can’t believe Taylor was looking us up on youtube, out of all the things she could’ve been doing..playing bass, I don’t know, but she was looking up our videos and interviews on youtube and even though I can’t stand the girl, that meant a lot, actually.

My train of thoughts became broken as Matt spoke to me, pulling me back into reality.

“Huh?” I asked, having no idea what he’d said.

“I said is Taylor okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, she’s fine, just sleeping” I scoffed.

“See, that wasn’t so hard was it? You didn’t even-”

Matt got cut off by Taylor’s screech filling the air.

“ADAM!” she screamed.

“I’m not even going to finish that sentence. What did you do now?” Matt sighed.

“You’ll see soon enough” I smirked.

“I don’t like the sound of that” Matt sighed once more.

Revenge is bittersweet.