Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty Four.

I woke up abruptly the next morning…to one annoying person jumping up and down on my bed, don’t they get that if they wake me up before my body clock does that I will kill them? I didn’t even bother to open my eyes, I just twisted my body around and faced the opposite way.

“Go away” I mumbled as I attempted to pull the covers even more over my head.

“WAKE UP! WE’RE GOING TO THE FAIR!” A voice I recognised as Lidia’s as she still continued jumping up and down on my bed.

That made me chuckle to myself, because it reminded me of when Dudley is jumping on the floorboards above Harry’s closet and shouting “WAKE UP COUSIN! WE’RE GOING TO THE ZOO!” ha-ha good ol’ Lidia.

“Okay I’ll wake up if you stop jumping up and down and take a seat woman” I mumbled as I pushed the covers off of me in a little attempt to wake myself up.

“Joy killer!” She scoffed as she jumped down off my bed and sat down.

“It’s too early!” I whined as I sat up slightly, rubbing my eyes.

“It’s like Eleven in the morning, retard!” She chuckled.

“Okay okay maybe it’s not that early” I replied.

“You and Adam gave everyone quite a show last night” Lidia laughed.

“Okay for one, that sounds SO wrong, and two, he’s a twat” I sighed.

“You amused us greatly though, the guys couldn’t believe you two were like it all the time, ha-ha”

I guess you’re wondering what happened last night after Adam got all scared, right? The answer to that in all honesty is nothing much, it consisted of hanging out with everyone, yet another argument with Adam and him losing, and me getting tired and going to bed, pretty boring, huh?

“He’s an ass” I sighed as I stretched my arms in front of me, almost smacking Lidia.

“Whoa, keep your arms out of my way you lethal git” She laughed as she pushed my arms away from her.

I just chuckled in response, and then it hit me. I was going to the fair today! HELL YEAH!

“We’re going to the fair!” I shrieked as I pumped my fist in the air.

“Yes Taylor we established that five minutes ago” She sighed playfully.

“Shut up! I love fairs!” I grinned.

“You’re Matt’s twin not cousin I swear, ya’ll are too alike” She chuckled.

“It’s because us Rubano’s are too cool for school” I joked.

“Ha-ha, whatever you say, now get your ass up woman, we’re leaving at Twelve!” She yelled as she got up off my bed and pulled the covers clean off of me.

“Fine, fine” I sighed as I pushed her shoulder lightly.

“GOOD! Now, PEACE OUT!” She said as she walked towards the door and let herself out.

Strange kid.
I pushed myself up off of my bed and made my way to my suitcase once again, I still couldn’t be bothered to unpack and hang the clothes up in my wardrobe, heh, I’m lazy what can I say.
I decided on a Blue and Black checker top and put a Black waistcoat on top of that, White skinny jeans and my black Chuck Taylors. I grabbed my necklace that had a yellow smiley face on that Matt bought for me for my birthday one year, my wallet, and headed out through my bedroom door. I walked the few steps to the bathroom and stepped in, closing the door behind me. The first the I did was look in the mirror attached to the cabinet to see how my forehead looked and if the word Adam wrote on my head was still really visible, stupid boy. To my surprise and delight it wasn’t all that visible anymore, so much for “permanent marker.” I twisted the cold water tap on and placed my hands together once again and splashed the water on my face. I sighed in relief when I only saw small traces of black ink on my hands, I pushed my hand across my forehead in an attempt to rub the remaining ink off and to my surprise it did come off, I checked in the mirror just to make sure, though.

Adam was not going to be happy that his revenge didn‘t last. I thought as I smirked.

I did the rest of the basics such as taming my hair and brushing my teeth etc and headed out of the bathroom and towards the top of the stairs where I walked down them slowly. As I reached the bottom one Matt poked his head around the kitchen door, I swear he loved doing that.

“Well well well look who it is! Lazy!” Matt chuckled as he walked over to me.

“Hey! I’m down here before Twelve aren’t I!” I held my hands up in defence.

“Indeed, I suppose I can let you off this time” he smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

My cousin was the best person in the world to be honest.

“I love you, Matt” I smiled as I returned the hug.

I don’t know what brought it on, but I suppose I felt like I didn’t tell him enough how much he meant to me.

“I love you too, Taylor. What’s brought this on?” He laughed.

“I have no idea, you’re just too awesome” I smiled as I ruffled his hair.

“Hey! I’m the hair ruffler, back off!” He demanded.

“No chance, Matty boy!” I laughed as I ruffled his hair once again.

As he was about to ruffle my hair he noticed my necklace.

“You still have that necklace?” He said in disbelief as he held my necklace in his fingers.

“Of course I do, you gave me it” I grinned.

He just grinned in return and pulled me into another quick hug.

“I’m going to go and get ready, I’ll see you in a bit” Matt smiled as he pulled away and started making his way up the stairs.

I decided I fancied some coffee and walked towards the kitchen. As I walked in I was met with the sight of Lidia making coffee much to my delight and Adam sitting in one of the chairs whilst leaning against the table. I thought that now would be a good time to show that his plan hadn’t worked as well as he’d hoped.

“So much for permanent marker, eh?” I said as I stood directly in front of him, smirking.

He looked up at my forehead and his face fell, then looked back at me and glared.

“Can’t you let me have one victory?” He screeched.

“Not in a million years, loser” I stated as I walked over to Lidia.

“Hey! Want some coffee?” Lidia asked as she grabbed another mug from the side of her and poured coffee into it.

“You read my mind” I chuckled as I grabbed the mug, thanking her.

I grabbed the pot that held the sugar from my right and flipped the lid up, sticking my spoon in and taking a spoon full, well, three.

“How much sugar do you want?” Lidia laughed as she peered into my mug.

“What can I say, sugar makes the cup of coffee”

“Actually, the coffee does” Adam scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

“Who asked you?!” I retorted.

“Don’t you guys start, today is going to be filled with fun, NO ARGUING!” Lidia demanded as she glared at us both.

“Sorry” We both mumbled in unison.

The door bell rang before anything else could be said as I made a step to go and answer it…so did Adam. We both just looked at each other and sprinted towards the door. As we both ran out into the hall I pushed him so he became unsteady as I ran the last few remaining steps to the door and pulled it open.

“Hey guys! Come on in” I grinned as I pulled the door back so Fred, Eddie and Mark could enter.

“Where’s Adam?” Fred asked as he was the first one to step inside.

“I’m here” He mumbled as he rubbed his shoulder and threw a quick glare at me.

“Fighting already?” Eddie chuckled as he walked in.

“Something like that, but we’re not going to today, today’s about having fun, tonight’s about arguing” I laughed.

“That’s the spirit…I think” Mark chuckled as he entered and shut the door behind him.

“Hey guys!” Matt announced as he made his way down the stairs.

“Hey Matt!” They all said back in unison which was pretty funny.

“You ready to go?” Lidia asked as she came out of the kitchen holding her coffee mug.

“You betcha!” Matt smiled.

Lidia walked back into the kitchen to pour the remaining contents of coffee in her mug down the sink.

“Okay, lets go!” Lidia chuckled.

“HELL YEAH!” I grinned as Mark, who was nearest to the door, opened in and stepped out. Followed by Fred, Adam, Matt, Lidia, and Eddie.

Today was going to be one hell of a day. I thought to myself as I shut the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xo.