Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty Eight.

That was, without a doubt, one of the best rollercoasters I’ve ever been on. As soon as Lidia and I got off we wanted to go back on again, but alas, the queue was too big to wait in to go on it a second time, so we decided we’d try again just before we left.

“Man, that was AWESOME!” Lidia exclaimed as she bounced up and down on her heels.

“I know! Man, if the queue isn’t that long in a few hours time we are so going on it again!” I cheered.

“Definitely! Hey d’ya want to go and get ice-cream?” She suggested.

“Sounds good to me! I think I saw a stand near the bumper cars earlier ” I replied as we made our way back up the path.

“Well that saves a lot of valuable time ha-ha, to the bumper cars it is!” She cheered as she pulled me by the arm so I’d walk faster. Man, this kid was nuts.

“So, how did Adam used to be like before he changed towards you?” She questioned, still having hold of my arm as she pulled me along.

“It’s hard to explain, basically the opposite of how he is now, non-satanic? Ha-ha” I laughed.

“Do you miss it? Him being nice?”

Did I?

“In all honesty, I really don’t know, I’m used to disliking him now, I guess I’d find it creepy if he were to be nice to me now” I chuckled.

“It’d make a change, though, right?”

“I guess, but I’d still dislike him either way”

“You did like him ages ago, though” She smirked as she let go of my arm.

“Yeah, but that’s ancient history”

“History can repeat itself” She retorted.

“This won’t, I know myself, that’s NOT going to happen. Ever” I stated.

“If you’re sureeeeee” she sang.

“I’m one thousand percent sure, no way, Lidia. No way.”

I think we were both too wrapped up in our discussion to realise that we were back at the main part of the fair, even though it felt like it took about ten minutes to walk down to the rollercoaster, funny how that works, huh?

“I see the ice-cream stand!” She exclaimed as she grabbed my hand this time and walked straight for it.

I’m pretty sure this kid had ice-cream issues, ha-ha.

As we neared I looked over at the bumper cars to be met with the sight of Matt, Fred and Adam still on them.

“The guys are still on the bumper cars” I said to Lidia as she looked over.

“They must have gone on them a few times then, ha-ha” Lidia chuckled.

“I wonder who’s winning” I questioned.

“Eh, we can ask them in a minute, ICE-CREAM FIRST!” she exclaimed as she pulled me the few steps to the ice-cream stand.

Lidia ordered a rocky-road cone with sprinkles whilst I had no idea what I wanted as I gazed at all the different types of ice-cream in front of me, but I decided I wanted to experiment with toppings.

“Can I get a vanilla cone with gummy bears, marshmallows and sprinkles, please?” I asked as the ice-cream man nodded and made up my ice-cream. I handed him the money as he handed me the cone, saying a quick thanks then turning around to be met with Lidia’s amused expression.

“What?” I chuckled.

“You’re crazy” She laughed.

“Hey, it’s a Rubano thing” I grinned at her as I picked a gummy bear off of my ice-cream and tossed it in my mouth.

“True, true”

“We have company” I said as I pointed with my free hand behind us to Matt, Adam and Fred approaching.

“Taylor, what the fuck is that?” Matt questioned as he reached us and looked at my ice-cream.

“It’s heaven on a cone” I grinned, eating some.

“What the hell’s on it?” Fred asked.

“Gummy bears, marshmallows and sprinkles” I chuckled as I picked another gummy bear off of the top.

“What a weird combination” Fred laughed.

“What do you expect? after all, it is Taylor Rubano” Adam scoffed.

“Don’t start Lazzara, or you’ll have this ice-cream in your face”

“You’re all talk, no action” He rolled his eyes.

“Oh you wanna bet?” I taunted.

“Put your mouth where….your ice-cream is” He said, knowing full well it didn’t make sense.

“Okay, for starters, that make no sense, and second, okay sure, if you really want my ice-cream that much” I grinned.

Before he had a chance to reply, I pushed my ice-cream into his face, I dragged the cone along to make sure all of his face and not forgetting his neck and t-shirt was completely covered in gummy bears, sprinkles, and marshmallows. Who knew one little cone could do so much mess? All hail the ice-cream cone.

“TAYLOR!” He yelled, grabbing the attention of people who walked past.

Matt, Lidia and Fred tried to contain their laughter but failed, badly.

“What? You told me to do it, it shows you don’t know me at all, loser” I smirked.

“Taylor, you know what I’m going to say now don’t you?” Matt sighed.

“What? He’s the one who didn’t believe I’d do it!” I said as I held my hands up in defence.

“True, but you’ve got to go and help Adam get the ice-cream off because even if he didn’t believe that you’d do it, you still did” Matt chuckled.

“But Matt!” I whined.

“No buts’ just do it, whilst in the mean time we’re all going for a proper look around, we’ll see you whenever we bump into you, and considering how big this fair is, it could be ages till we see you, so just remember, out the front by six”

“This’ll only take about five minutes though, why can’t you wait?!”

“Because you need to be punished…in a fair, ha-ha”

“Matt you’re an evil cousin” I sighed in defeat.

“You love me all the same though” He grinned as he ruffled my hair.

“Patronising git” I said as he mimicked, knowing me too well.

“Now run along children” Matt said as he shooed us away and laced his fingers with Lidias.

“I think you’re forgetting we’re the same age as you” I scoffed.

“You don’t act like it though” Matt retorted.

He had a point, stupid Matt, ha-ha.

“I want to ride the rollercoaster!” Fred exclaimed.

“You’re such a kid, Mascherino!” I chuckled.

He just rolled his eyes at me playfully as he grabbed hold of one of Matt’s arms and one of Lidia’s and led them away in the direction of the rollercoaster.

“ADIOS AMIGOS!” Lidia cheered.

“Don’t kill each other!” Matt laughed.

As they walked further and further away I just turned back around to face Adam, who was glaring at me, ha-ha.

“Let’s just get this over with” I sighed as I made my way through the crowds of people and towards the water cannons.

They weren’t that far away, about a two minute walk, and no-one was around them either. I smiled.

Perfect.

Adam stood in front of one of the water cannons and glared at me.

“Now listen and listen carefully, when I tell you to release the button you do it, okay?” He glared.

“Aye aye cap’n” I replied as I saluted him.

Ha-ha, as if.

“Okay, go” He ordered.

I pressed the button in and water spat out instantly, I’d say it took about forty seconds to get him completely ice-cream free considering how fast the water hit him, but of course I wasn’t going to only keep it on for forty seconds was I?

“Okay I’m good, turn it off”

“Nah, I think I’ve missed a spot” I said as I kept my hand down firmly on the button.

“Taylor, fucking turn it off!” Adam screeched.

I kept my hand on there for a few more seconds so the water completely drenched him from head to toe.

“TAYLOR!” He screamed.

I took that as my cue to release the button and run, so I did. I had no idea where I was headed, I just tried to swerve crowds and hide behind some just so that I could try and cover myself so that when Adam came looking for me I wouldn’t be seen, also my shortness could come in hand for once in my life, ha-ha. I’d been walking through crowds for about five minutes straight, I didn’t get very far from the cannons but I knew I was out of view which was good, and there was no sign of Adam, score.
Well I’m sad to say that my triumph didn’t last very long. I began taking backwards steps so that when I saw him coming near I could run, it didn’t turn out so good considering I bumped into someone.

“Oh shit, sorry-” I apologised as I turned around to be met with the smirking face of Adam Lazzara.

Shit.

“Taylor Rubano you’re never going to learn are you?” Adam said coldly as he crossed his arms over his wet chest.

“Nope” I replied.

“You know you’ve got no-where to run now, right?”

I looked around for some way to run away and hide from Adam, but he was right, there were too many people so even if I attempted to run I’d be back at square one in a matter of seconds.

I had nothing to lose, I attempted to make a break for it. Oh, what a big big bigggg mistake that was. Before I even had a chance to make a proper step Adam grabbed hold of me, wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up off of the floor, and plus considering I was short, it looked even funnier, damnit.

“Adam! Put me DOWN!” I screeched as he tightened his grip around my waist so that I couldn’t escape.

“You’ve got no chance” He said as we wove through the crowds of people and back towards, oh shit the water cannons.

“You’re not serious!?” I shrieked as we got closer.

“You bet I’m serious, shortass” He said triumphantly knowing that I couldn’t do anything.

As we reached the water cannons and there was no-one near them a little hope sprung in my heart, that because there was no-one there to push the button and Adam couldn’t possibly do it because that’d mean he’d have to put me down and obviously I’d make a break for it. I think Adam was thinking the same thing as me, I tilted my head back slightly so I could look up at him, a glare playing on his face, ha-ha, he’s realised, score.

The girl who was a fan of Taking Back Sunday that Adam had spoke to previously started to walk past, and in that instant, the shred of hope I once had of staying dry had gone, just like that.
He looked down at me and smirked.

Not score.

“Hey, Hayden, could you do me a favour?” He asked the fan, who’s name was obviously Hayden.

“Yeah, sure Adam, what is it?” She asked as she looked down at me in his arms and up at him confused.

“Could you push the button to turn the water cannons?” He asked as he smiled at her.

“O-okay?” She said a bit confused as she stepped behind the cannons.

“Hayden, don’t do it!” I shrieked as I struggled in Adam’s arms, trying to find an escape.

“Hayden, please?” Adam begged.

I just sighed, there was no getting out of this.

Before I knew it I was covered from head to toe and spluttering water out.

“Thanks Hayden!” Adam smiled as the girl grinned and began to walk away.

“I hate you” I said through gritted teeth.

“The feeling’s mutual” He said as he smirked in triumph.

“You got your revenge, now put me down, jackass!” I shouted as I began to struggle in his arms.

“Chill out and stop squirming and I will!” He said as I stopped.

Adam put me down and I just looked down at how wet I was, stupid Adam Lazzara.

“What time is it?” I asked considering I’d left my cell back at the house.

“I..uh..wouldn’t know, I’ve lost my cell” He mumbled.

“Well that’s great” I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

“I’d guess though, that it’s about three thirty” He said.

“And why’s that?”

“Instinct” He shrugged.

This kid really was strange, ha-ha.

Adam and I spent the next hour in search of Matt Lidia and Fred, I hadn’t seen Eddie or Mark since we got here, they must have been off having fun on all the rides and games, ha-ha. No matter how much we looked, the further into the fair we got the less chance we had of finding them because of the amount of people there. After another half an hour of searching, which by my calculations if Adam’s “instinct” was correct, that it was about five already, we were about to give up and turn back but then Adam spotted Lidia Fred and Matt sitting outside a mini restauranty style place on a bench that had an umbrella connected to it, in order to shade them from the sun’s rays. As we approached them they all looked up at us.

“Taylor, why’re you all wet?” Matt questioned.

“Ask Satan” I mumbled as I motioned for Matt to move over so I could sit down, Adam sat next to Fred on the opposite side.
They all looked at Adam, waiting for an explanation.

“Payback” He shrugged.

“Hey guys!” We heard as we all turned around to be met with the sight of Mark and Eddie waving at us.

“Where’ve you been? I’ve not seen you all day” I laughed.

“I could say the same to you, we’ve been going on the majority of the rides” Mark chuckled.

“Ha-ha, well you had fun, that’s all that matters” I grinned.

“You betcha, hey, why’re you both wet?” Eddie questioned pointing at Adam and I.

“Long story” I sighed as I rolled my eyes.

We all just sat talking for a while, when I say we I mean all of us, it was really nice, but unfortunately and to my great disappointment it was nearly time to leave the Long Island fair. We all got up off of the bench, god knows how we’d managed to fit seven of us on it but we did ha-ha, and made our way back up to the main section of the fair.

“Hey, Taylor?” Matt said from behind me.

I spun around and waiting for him to catch up, curious of what he wanted.

“I got something for you” He grinned as he pulled a small bag out of his pocket. I grinned as he handed it to me, as soon as it touched my palm curiosity got the better of me and I had to have a look inside.

I dug my hand into the bag and scooped whatever it was in there into my palm, and brought it out. It was a silver chained necklace with “Taylor” in the middle of it and two music notes on either side, I was speechless.

“Matt, thank you so much!” I grinned as I jumped into his arms.

“No problem, I’m glad you like it” He chuckled.

“I love it!” I smiled as we both pulled away from the hug.

As we made our way back to the cars I couldn’t help but reflect on the days events and grin to myself, all in all it had been an amazing day, one I know I wouldn’t forget because it was that awesome. Thinking about it now I realised how much I loved being in New York and how happy it made me.
I was broken out of my train of thoughts by Lidia nudging my side to show that we’d reached our destination. Fred Eddie and Mark got into the car next to Matt’s car and buckled up. I took one last look at the fair, smiling to myself as I got into the car. The drive back seemed to take longer than it did to get to the fair in the first place, I’d say we were nearly ten minutes in but then the car started to slow down, then came to a halt.

This can’t be good.

“Uhh guys, we have a problem” Matt sighed as he spoke to us all.

“What’s wrong?” Lidia and I asked in unison.

“We’re out of gas” Matt stated.

“This isn’t good” Lidia sighed.

Shit.