Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Twenty Nine.

“Now what’re we going to do?” Adam sighed.

“We’ll just have to wait for Fred to catch us up, we can’t fit in his car so we’ll have to call to be towed to the nearest gas station” Matt said as I ran a hand through his hair.

“I take it none of you guys have your cells?” Lidia asked Adam and I.

“I’ve left mine back at the house” I answered.

“I’ve lost mine, I have no idea where it is” Adam mumbled.

“Okay so we’re all useless, we’ll just have to wait for Fred” Matt said as he got out of the car.

I followed behind him.

“You okay?” I questioned as I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

“Yeah I’m fine Tay, I just hate situations like these” He chuckled as he hugged me back.

“It’ll be fine, Fred’ll be here any minute” I laughed.

“Speaking of Fred” Adam said as he pointed towards the car coming in the distance.

I had no idea Adam had got out of the car, infact I didn’t even hear the door open, creeping Jesus.

Fred’s car pulled up on the side, just like ours was and him, Eddie and Mark, all stepped out questioning why we’d stopped.

“We’ve ran out of gas” Adam stated.

“How did you manage that?!” Fred asked looking at Matt.

“I honestly don’t know, I thought the tank was full and we‘ve used all that was in the boot” Matt sighed.

“I’ll ring the services to come and tow you, unless you’ve already done that?” Fred asked as he looked at Matt, Adam and I.

“We’ve not been able to, I left my cell at home and Adam’s lost his” I said.

“What about Matt and Lidia?”

“Dead batteries” Matt sighed as he ran his hand through his hair once more, you could we were related, ha-ha.

“Okay well I’ll go and do that now, you guys stay close or go and sit back inside, but if you don’t sit inside don’t wander too far okay?” Fred said as he dialled the local towing service.

I didn’t really want to sit back inside because I’d gotten used to being out for so long today, so I just looked around me to see where I could go. I noticed there was a wooden fence on the opposite side of the road, it didn’t look too high either, so I took the few steps over to it, turned so that I was facing forward, kicked one leg up and hoisted myself up, bringing my other leg up once I’d gotten comfy.
I tell you, the view in front of me was amazing, the sky had started to change colour, it’d started to turn light pink in places with the wisps of orange in, it was beautiful.

“Pretty cool view, huh?” A voice said snapping me out of my thoughts.

Adam Lazzara was stood on my right side, but for once, he wasn’t smirking or being an ass, he looked almost…dare I say it….civil?

“It’s amazing” I sighed looking at the view once more.

“Nice necklace” He said as he looked at the necklace Matt had bought me earlier, I had taken my smiley face one off, keeping it safe in my pocket and putting this one of instead.

“Thanks” I replied.

“Look I think it’s time we started acting a bit more civil, yeah we’ll still have our arguments but what people who dislike each other don’t? but yeah, I think it’s time” He stated.

Woah, I never knew Adam could be so…sensible?

“Wow” I sighed.

“What?” He questioned as he mimicked my actions by sitting on the wooden fence, next to me.

“I never knew you had a sensible and mature side” I said honestly.

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me” He shrugged.

I have to admit yet again, he had a point.

“Vice versa” I stated as I swung my legs back and fo a little.

“I guess we just choose to see the worst in each other”

“I guess you’re right, but it’s hard to look past that” I sighed as I began fiddling with the necklace around my neck.

“I think we should attempt this “civil” thing” He said as he made quotations over “Civil”.

I think Adam Lazzara was one of the most confusing people I’d ever met, and I didn’t like it. I mean, one minute he’s all “I HATE YOU!” then the next he’s like “Let’s be civil” but I suppose he’s being more mature and sensible than I am in that sense considering I was happy to just carry on having arguments and pulling pranks on one another and had completely forgotten about us attempting to be “civil” even though none of us made any attempt to be civil before now. I suppose if we were to be civil at least Matt, Lidia, Fred, Eddie and Mark wouldn’t want to kill us and bang our heads together every time we opened our mouths to speak knowing more than likely it’d be an insult coming out of our mouths. I knew it’d take a while to get used to though like I’ve previously said but I suppose if it was for the benefit for everyone else then I could give it a try, plus then if need be I would’ve had more time to think of a whole new bunch of insults, score.

“Okay, we can try it” I said to Adam.

“Okay” He repeated.

It went silent for a few minutes, both of us wrapped up in our owns thoughts I expect. I just continued to look at the spectacular view in front of me, you’d never get a view like this in England, that’s for sure.

“So, how about we get to know each other a bit more?” He suggested.

“Erm…okay…twenty questions?”

“I don’t think I can think of twenty right now, how about ten?” He chuckled lightly.

“Okay, deal”

“Favourite colour?” He asked.

“Blue, favourite food?” I asked.

“Burgers, favourite drink?”

“Mountain Dew, favourite hobby?”

“Performing, same for you?”

“Playing bass, favourite song lyrics?”

"Next time that star shoots across the sky..“ He held his arm out, I had no idea why at first but then as I looked at it something caught my eye, he had those lyrics tattooed on his elbow.

“Impressive” I laughed.

“Thanks” he chuckled “Favourite candy?”

“Without a doubt, sour-patch kids”

“Favourite animal?” I asked.

“Dog, it has to be asked, second favourite song of ours?” He asked.

“Error Operator, man, I’m all out of questions” I smiled half heartedly.

I turned my head to the right slightly as I noticed Matt starting to make his way over to us.

“News?!” I asked hopefully.

“They don’t know how long they’re going to take, could be fifteen minutes, could be forty five, who knows, it’s all a game of chance now” Matt sighed.

I placed a reassuring hand on my cousins shoulder as he just smiled gratefully in response.

“Besides it’s a nice night, it’s not as if we’re stuck in the pitch black is it?” Adam commented.

Yet again, he did have a point.

“I agree with Adam on this one, it’s an awesome night” I agreed.

Matt looked at me as if I’d just admitted I’d killed someone, he was in complete shock, pretty funny really, ha-ha.

“You…a-agree…with…Adam?” He stuttered out.

“I know dearest cousin of mine, I’m shocked too” I said as I rolled my eyes earning a nudge in the ribs from Adam, git.

“To be honest I never thought I’d see this day where you two’d become friends” Matt said in disbelief.

“We’re not friends” Adam and I said in unison.

“We’re just going to try and be civil, for all of ya’lls sake, before you kill one or both of us, ha-ha” I chuckled.

“Hallelujah!” Matt cheered as he pumped his fist in the air.

“I’m going to go and tell Lidia about this” Matt grinned as he walked away.

“Woah, we really gave them hell didn’t we” I chuckled.

“We did indeed, we’ll obviously still argue, just not as much”

“True, I think we can do it” I smiled.

“Yeah me too” He said as he went to pull me in for a hug, I think he forgot what he was doing for a moment.

“Woah, too far!” I said edging away.

“Yeah, you’re right, no no no” He chuckled.

Ha-ha.