Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Thirty Three.

“YES YES YES?!” I exclaimed.

“We’re…SHOOTING A MUSIC VIDEO!” Matt cheered.

“REALLY?!” Lidia yelled.

“FOR WHAT SONG?!”

“Sink Into Me!” Fred chuckled in amusement.

“Wait…what song is that?” I asked confused.

“You know? The new one?” Matt said, confused as to why I was clueless.

“OH! The one I’m not allowed to read the lyrics to” I said in realization as I threw a glare at Adam.

“Well if that’s the case you can hear it at the video shoot!” Fred cheered.

“At? You want us to come with you?” I questioned.

Matt just rolled his eyes playfully at me.

“Of course you idiot, it’s in LA and I know how much you’ve always wanted to go” Matt chuckled.

I grinned from ear to ear and tackled him into a hug.

“I love love love love love you!” I exclaimed.

“Hey don’t thank me, thank Adam, he suggested that you both come with us” He said nodding towards Adam.

What?

“Uh wow…thanks?” I mumbled as I smiled lightly.

He just smiled in return.

“SO WHEN DO WE LEAVE?!” Lidia asked excitedly.

“First thing Monday morning” Matt confirmed as he chuckled once again as Lidia bounced up and down on her heels.

I hesitantly made my way over to Adam, I mean, I wanted to know why he thought it’d be cool for Lidia and I to tag along, well Lidia of course, but not me, that’s just weird. It was probably because I was Matt’s cousin or something.

“Er..Hey” I said as I stood in front of him.

“Hi?”

“I just want to know why you want Lidia and I to tag along with y’all?” I asked, confusion written all over my face.

“Well because Lidia is his girlfriend and you’re his cousin” He stated simply.

I’m so good.

“Okay…well thanks, but also…how come you won’t let me read your lyrics?” I questioned as I switched from foot to foot.

“Well I would, but there’s no point you reading them now is there? You’ll hear them in two days” He shrugged.

“Yeah but-” I got cut off by Lidia bounding over to us.

“TAYLOR WE’RE GOING TO LA! HOW DO YOU FEEL?!” She grinned pretending to hold a microphone in front of my face.

Woah, this kid was carazzzzzy.

“ESTATIC!” I grinned in reply as she grabbed both my hands and attempted to make me dance with her.

“Matt, control your girlfriend” I chuckled as Lidia continued dancing.

“She’s your problem now” He laughed in response.

“Lidia, I bet I can kick your ass at Pac-man” I smirked, making her stop bouncing instantly.

“Bet you couldn’t” She challenged playfully.

“You know I could and would” I chuckled.

“Bring it on!” She exclaimed as she ran out of the room and bounded up the stairs.

“What have you fed her?” I laughed.

“That girl has issues” Fred joked.

“You betcha, anyway, I’m going to go and whoop her ass on Pac-man, PEACE OUT!” I exclaimed as I too ran out of the room and up the stairs.

I ran across the hall and up the other flight of stairs, bursting into the room to see Lidia suddenly stop dancing. I couldn’t help it, I burst out into hysterics.

“SHUT UP!” She whined.

“You-issues-too-excited” I managed to choke out as I continued laughing.

“You won’t be laughing when I beat you on Pac-man” She smirked.

“You know I’m the master at Pac-man” I stated proudly.

“Sure you are, and I love Adam Lazzara” She scoffed.

I chuckled in response, I had to admit, Lidia had good comebacks.

“Put your money where your mouth is, I win you buy me Pizza, you win and you can have whatever you want”

“Okay deal, but if I win, you have to ask Adam to come bowling with Matt, you and I” She smirked.

“But if I do that, it’ll make look like I actually want him to come!” I whined.

“Well, you better not lose then” She winked.

"You are so evil to me" I sighed.

I didn't want Adam to think I actually wanted him there, I know it sounds harsh, but it's true.

"You know you love me" She grinned.

I just rolled my eyes playfully and huffed.

“Lets do this!” I cheered as I took a seat on one of the sofas and unravelled the controller from the cords.

Lidia’s right, I can’t lose this.