Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Thirty Four.

We drew, in every single goddamn game we played, pretty funny really. So we came to an agreement, well, Lidia came to it for us. She’d buy me pizza but I still had to ask Adam to go bowling with us tomorrow which I really didn’t want to do, damnit, no pizza was worth that.

“What part of me not wanting Adam to tag along don’t you understand?!” I exclaimed as I ran a hand through my hair.

“I don’t see what the problem is? You’re acting civil with each other now!” She laughed.

“That may be so, but it’s still Adam Lazzara!

“Yes I’m aware of his name” She said as she rolled her eyes playfully.

“Hey, you know what I mean” I punched her shoulder lightly.

“You’re getting pizza out of it”

“No pizza is worth this!” I exclaimed.

Like I’ve said, no pizza actually was worth this, being civil is nothing like inviting your enemy to go bowling with you your cousin and his girlfriend, not at all.

“But you’re going to do it anyway…right?”

“Why can’t you do it! I.don’t.want.Adam.to.go!” I whined.

“And that’s why you are asking him”

“You are evil, seriously, eeee-vil” I scoffed.

“At the end of the day you’re not getting out of it, so there!” She said as she poked her tongue out.

This wasn’t my day.

“When do I have to do it?” I sighed.

“I’ll give you time to feel sorry for yourself first, but later” She smirked knowing that I wasn’t going to fight back anymore.

She was right, I wasn’t going to fight back anymore, I’d just lose anyway. But I had one more trick up my sleeve.

“If I say I don’t want the pizza anymore, surely that means I don’t have to ask Adam to come bowling considering we drew in Pac-man?”

Surely that had to get me somewhere, right?

“Nope” She stated simply.

Wrong.

“Although, I suppose I could be nice as to be there and help you when you do it” She said.

“To be honest that’s better ha-ha, okay so it’s sorted, I’ll ask but you’ve got to join in, okay?” I questioned as I playfully glared at her.

“Fine fine fine” She laughed.

“I still want pizza, will this jeopardize our agreement?”

“Hmmm..nah, I’ll be nice” Lidia scoffed as she left the practise room to go and grab the phone to order Pizza.

I led myself down on one of the sofas and rested my head against the arm.

I really didn’t want to be the one to invite Adam bowling with us, I mean sure he said that Lidia and I should go to L.A with them when they shoot their music video but if I invite him bowling it’s going to look like I like him for heavens sake! Well, not like like, you know what I mean. It’s going to look like I’m asking him to go bowling with us as a friend and that it was my idea to invite him, for one we’re not friends and two it was not my idea, damn Lidia. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the door re-opening, I didn’t bother to move though considering I automatically thought it was Lidia and that she’d jump on me any moment or something. But to my surprise I didn’t get bounced on or that she’d announced herself re-entering. The footsteps moved away from the door and made their way to the opposite side of the room - the band practise side. I lifted my head up off of the arm of the sofa and sat myself up a bit, but not enough for whoever it was to see I was there. Curiosity started to get the better of me as I sat up a little bit more and peered slightly over the top of the sofa to see who it was.

Adam Lazzara.

I contemplated making my presence known but decided against it as I didn’t want him to know I was there and I wanted to see what he was doing. He started pacing around the room silently until he suddenly started to sing.

“Come on, tell me that you're better,
and you'd rather just forget
that things have gone so far.
Yeah, tell me that you're better
and you'd rather just forget
that things have gone too far.

You're all I see,
Sink into me.
Sharpen your teeth,
Sink into me.”

I was speechless. From the moment he began to sing I knew I didn’t recognise those lyrics so obviously realised that these were the “forbidden” lyrics and the ones I had to “wait until the video shoot to hear” all that considered though they were absolutely amazing, now I could see clearly when Matt, Fred, Eddie and Mark agreed that this would be a hit, because it would be.
Before Adam could continue though, in walked Lidia.

Oh.shit.

“Hey Adam, didn’t know you were up here” She said.

“Just thought I’d come up here to practise alone for a while”

“Ah, well that’s cool”

“Why are you up here?” He questioned.

“I just came to see T- I just came to see my score on Pac-man so that I know what I’ve got to beat”

Nice save, Lidia.

I let out a silent sigh of relief.

“Okay, well I’ll leave you to it” He said as he went to the corner of the room and sat down against the wall.

I had no escape. This was NOT good.