Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Forty Six.

As I walked into the lobby I scanned my eyes around for Matt. I swear I jumped a mile when his voice came out of no-where.

“Looking for me?” He questioned.

I turned my head to the left to see him sat in the seat on the sofa that I’d occupied hours before.

“Yeah, I was actually” I laughed awkwardly.

“Where’ve you been?”

“I went for a walk and bumped into Hayden, so she walked me back” I said smoothly.

“Okay” He replied simply as he jumped up off of the sofa.

Say what?

“That’s all you have to say? No big lecture about how you were worried about me?” I said as I raised an eyebrow.

“Nope, Lidia already told me you went out, I just wanted to know where. Also, where‘s Adam?” He laughed.

“Last time I checked he was outside” I replied as I began to walk towards Lidia, Fred, Mark and Eddie who I’d only just realised were sat huddled together on another sofa I’d failed to see earlier.

“Could you do me a favour?” Matt shouted after me.

I stopped in my tracks and spun around to face him.

“What kind of favour?” I asked hesitantly.

“Go and get Adam?” He asked.

“Why?! You’re nearer to the door than I am!” I complained.

“And? I’m the oldest, what I say goes!” He smirked.

Git.

I sighed as I realised there was no way I was going to get out of this, Matt’s the one person I never managed to win an argument against, and in times like those I really needed to. Damnit.

“Fine!” I sighed as I walked past him, nudging his shoulder with mine on the way.

Yet another confrontation I didn’t want. I just wanted to avoid Adam, that way I might’ve been able to relax a little. I walked through the doors only for my face to suddenly meet someone’s chest.

“You really need to stop walking into me” Adam chuckled.

I don’t know how he found it suddenly so easy to talk to me, unlike me, who wanted to avoid contact and conversation at all costs at that precise moment in time.

“Yeah, sorry” I mumbled moving to the side so that I wouldn’t hit my head on the doors.

“So why’re you out here?” He questioned.

“Matt told me to come and find you…” I said awkwardly as I fiddled with some lose thread on my sweatshirt.
“Oh right. Listen, Taylor. I need to ask you something” Adam muttered.

This can’t be good.

“What is it?” I questioned as I shuffled towards the doors slightly just incase I needed to make a quick escape.

Adam walked closer towards me and my first instinct was to back away, so I did - right into the wall.
I tilted my head up to look at him as he stood directly in front of me and placed one of his arms against the wall, leaning against it.

“Do you hate me?” He mumbled as he looked at me intently.

“Of course I do Adam, we say it all the time” I laughed awkwardly as I moved from against the wall to make my exit, but his arm gently pushed me back against the wall.

I took that second to look up at him but I regretted it immediately, he almost looked, I don’t know, hurt by my words. At least he knew how it felt, but I hated hurting people, regardless of who it was and regardless of if they’d hurt me before. So I knew what I had to do.

I sighed. “No, Adam. I don’t hate you”

“But-”

“How could I possibly hate you?” I muttered under my breath, a little too loud.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He questioned.

“Nothing. It doesn’t matter”

He just stared at me intently, tilting his head to the side a little. I hated when he did that. It made me feel uneasy.

“Can you stop doing that?” I mumbled as I looked away from his gaze.

“Stop doing what?” He questioned as he picked up one of my curls with his other hand and began playing with it gently. I gulped silently.

“Adam what are you doing?” I managed to choke out.

“Nothing. Nothing at all” He replied as he carried on playing with my hair.

“Just stop” I croaked out as I tried to control my emotions. He was getting to me. I couldn’t let him win.

I moved out of his grasp and began to walk down the hotel stairs, with him in pursuit.

“Stop running, Taylor” He said from behind me as I turned the corner.

“You’re driving me crazy!” I screeched as I carried on walking.

It’s true. He was driving me crazy. I couldn’t deal with it.

Adam grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him, stopping me in my tracks.

“Let go of me, Adam!” I demanded as I tried to pull my wrist from his grasp.

“Not until you tell me what it is that makes you hate me so much” He replied calmly.

I just snapped.

“Okay Adam. Everything, okay?! Every-fucking-thing. We used to get along so well, and you changed! You know you did, you’ve become a completely different person to the guy I once knew! You’re inconsiderate, an asshole, cocky, arrogant, you’re not the guy that I-” I stopped for a second to plan out my next words from what I was about to say.

“the guy that I once knew, you were such a nice person, Adam! You’re fine to everyone except me and I’ve never understood why, it’s not like I did something to piss you off, because I know for a fact I didn’t, it‘s like you suddenly woke up one morning then changed completely towards me! you irritate me like no other person has ever managed to, I-”

What happened next completely took me by surprise, and the state I was in I didn’t know how to react.
Adam pulled me into his arms and tightly wrapped his arms around me, as for me, I just stood there in complete and utter shock.

“Hug me” He said simply as he hugged my small frame tightly.

I awkwardly moved my arms from my sides and moved them to wrap around him as I patted his back awkwardly.

“No, I didn’t say pat my back, I said hug me” He scoffed.

I rolled my eyes in response and wrapped my arms around him slowly. Words can’t describe how awkward I felt, especially as he wouldn’t let me go. I was flooded with so many thoughts at once, I’d managed to completely zone out from the very awkward predicament I was in. Although, that didn’t last long, as someone clearing their throat loudly brought me back to reality as I looked over Adam’s shoulder to see who it was and knew I was in for it later.

Crap.