Sequel: Carpe Diem

Sink Into Me

Nine.

Considering I past up the idea of taking the rest of the house tour earlier I really had no idea where I was heading. I reached the top of the stairs and took in my surroundings, five doors, and another staircase, but before I could decided where to go next Lidia came out of one of the doors and just looked at me.

“What happened to you?!” She asked as she pointed at my now brown shirt.

“Adam” I mumbled as I glared at the floor.

“What the?! Why’d he do that?”

So I explained what happened.

“He said it was an “accident” but nothing is ever and accident with Adam Lazzara.” I scoffed.

“Right, he didn’t just come in and tip his soda over you did he, what did he say to you before?”

“He…uh…I” I stammered, I didn’t want to tell her that he asked me if I was okay, it’d make him look like he’d actually cared, which he didn’t.

“Spit it out, child.” Lidia laughed.

“He asked me…if I was okay.” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

“If you were okay? The guy you “hate” asked you if you were okay?” she smirked as she did finger brackets.

“Hey! enough of the finger brackets, I do hate him, but yes he asked me if I was okay.” I muttered.

“You know you can tell me.” she smiled as she put a hand on my shoulder.

“I don’t like him, honestly.”

Lidia tilted her head to the side slightly and studied me.

“AH! What is it with people tilting their heads to the side? Adam does it too!”

She just smirked.

“Lidiaaaaa, can you give me a quick tour now?” I asked attempting to change the subject.

“Sure, okay down here are the bedrooms.” She said as she wandered over to the door closest to me “This is Matt and I’s room.”

“This is Adams room.” She pointed to the door next to her and Matt’s.

"This is the bathroom." she signalled to which was one up from Adam's room.

“And this is your room.” She said as she walked away from the bathroom and pointed to the door next to his.

I walked towards the door and cautiously turned the door handle, I gazed inside as I opened the door. The bedroom looked like an average guest room, except Matt and Lidia had put one of those weird but awesome looking chairs in there, you know the spiny ones that are circle shaped? I’m really no good at explaining things, heh.
I stepped inside the room and took in my surroundings and noticed that my suitcases and my laptop bag were already on the bed, I guess in the heat of fighting with Adam I forgot about all my luggage, good old Matt.
Lidia followed me into my room and spun me around to face her, she pointed at me, then to the circle chair, which told me she wanted me to sit there, so I headed over to it and sat down. I placed my right leg over my left leg to get comfortable as Lidia closed the door and went and sat down on my bed, facing me.

“There’s something you’re not telling me.” she stated as she looked me in the eye.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, like always.

“You know I’ll never tell anyone, not Matt, no-one.” she smiled.

Her saying that gave me reassurance, I knew from that moment on that I could trust Lidia.

“I…well I used to have a thing for Adam.” I muttered.

“What happened?” she asked, genuinely interested.

“Every time Matt came over to England to visit after he left when he was seventeen Adam came with him, Adam did used to be a nice guy, a really nice guy which is weird looking at it now, and I think I did like him at one point. Then one time Matt came over to visit and once again Adam came over with him and he’d changed, I don’t know why but he started being a pain in the ass, he got cocky and started to try and trip me up whenever I passed, started arguments, everything, and then whatever I had felt for him before disappeared.” I explained.

“You really don’t like him, then?” Lidia asked.

“Like I said I did, but not now.” I confirmed.

“Okay, I’ll leave it at that, just know you can talk to me about anything okay?” Lidia smiled as she got up off my bed and walked over to me, I got up out of my chair and hugged her.

“Thanks Lidia, you too” I smiled.

She pulled away and gave me a look I couldn’t read, but it was gone as fast as it came.

“I know what’ll cheer you up” She smiled.

“What?” I asked curiously.

“The Long Island fair is in town for a few weeks, we’re all going on Wednesday.” she smiled.

“AWESOME! I love fairs.” I cheered.

“Matt told me you’d react like that.” she laughed

“I’ll leave you to get changed, I’ll wait outside” She said as she walked towards the door and let herself out.

I walked up to my suitcase and pulled out a long black and white check top, I checked to see if my jeans had soda on too but they looked soda free so I just ended up changing my top. I sighed as I sat down on my bed.

I’m going to win this bet, but it’s going to be hard, at this rate, very hard indeed.