Dearly Beloved

i'm not okay

Mike's POV

I stared at Billie's cell phone mortified. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. An eerie silence fell across our hotel room; even Tre stopped snoring. Suddenly I had that creepy, goose bump feeling that someone was watching me. Billie and I were tense, expecting something to suddenly attack us out of know where.
"What ever we do... ." Billie started, "we must not scream." He said cautiously, his voice sounding shaky. I barely nodded. I ripple of goose bumps spread through my skin. I shivered. After what seemed like forever of waiting tensely in an eerie silence, not really knowing what we we're waiting for, the alarm clock went off. Both Billie and I jumped 3 feet in the air and let out 2 high-pitched girly screams.

Our screams woke up Tre, who, screamed as well and hit his head on the bedpost shaking my bed. I landed on Billie's lap, fleeing from my shaking bed, knocking over the lap and accidentally flipping off the lights switch, when I see Tre knocked out across the floor in the moonlight. At this point, Billie and I were screaming hysterically, I was pretty sure we'd woken up the entire hotel. Then all the sudden, there was a loud banging at the door. I clutched Billie's shirt nearly choking him. Both of us were shaking and whimpering like dogs.

"Hey, is everything all right?" a man's voice boomed on the other side of our door. Billie and I gave a shaky sigh of relief.
"Yes! Uh, everything's fine, just uh... Had an accident that's all! Sorry!" Billie yelled at the door.
"Oh alright, I got scared for a moment." And he was gone. We waited a few minutes, making sure was gone. Then Billie shoved me off his lap and I landed with a thud on the floor.
"I told you not to scream!" he said looking down at me.
"You screamed too!" I yelled back at him.
"Oh... but still!" I then heard Tre grumble and sit up, rubbing his head looking quite dazed.
"What happened?" he sounded like he was hung over.
"Nothing, Tre you just had a bad dream." Billie said sarcastically.
"Oh... ." He past out again across his sleeping bag again. Billie turned back to me as I picked myself off the floor.
"What?" he staring at me in way that creep me out.
"Nothing... just wondering."
"About what?"
"Your dream."
I gulped.
"Tell me."
"I don't know Billie, you always get... nauseous over blood."
"I'll be fine."
"Ok, don't say I didn't warn you."
I told Billie my dream, from the field to Brittney and the blood and the names carved in her arm. As I had expected, Billie was looking a little pale.
"You okay?" I asked him.
"Just dandy." He looked like he was going to puke.
"She did something Billie and she after us and we can't hide!" I told him.
"How do you know?"
"The text message! And she said the same thing in my dream! I asked why? And she said she wasn't sorry. But... she was crying."
"Crying?"
"Yes, she was watching me drown in blood and a tear of blood ran down her cheek and, and then she kissed me!"
"Kissed you?"
"But she was suffocating me!"
"Kissing and suffocating... . Do you know what all those names mean?"
"I have no idea, but my name was one. She was bleeding her life out! In reality it would be in possible to bleed so much unless you were dead!"
"But if dead you can't bleed, right?"
"I don't know!" I buried my face in a pillow. I was really frustrated now, "I'm just really scared now, I... I mean what if... ."
"What if what?"
"Nothing."
Billie could see that I didn't want to talk about it any more. The very thought sent shivers down my spine. What is she doing? I thought. What did she do? What is she planning to do? I knew all that blood had to mean something. Those names. My name. I had my own little theory, but I didn't want to tell anyone. I didn't want Billie or Tre to panic. Because if it was true, I knew we'd be in trouble. I'd be in trouble. Brittney had never tried murdered someone... had she?

That morning, we left the hotel and weren't sure where to go. After I told Tre about my dream, he was equally spooked. Billie said we should go home, that it wasn't safe out here, but Tre said we should continued going on, and maybe she'd lose us. She knew where we were or at least she said she knew. Tre said it was a probably a fraud and did it so that we would come home and fall in to her trap. Billie said she might do something she might regret as in my dream that could stop. The possibilities kept coming until I realized that no way was any safer than the other. I knew eventually something would happen I didn't have control over. I felt like I was playing god, all the weight on my shoulders. If she was going to murder someone, I could go home and stop her right? What if she was trying after me? I couldn't go home to be butchered! But then I could bein the wrong place at the wrong time and someone might be butchered instead of me.
Neither Billie nor Tre knew my murder theory, I wasn't planning on them knowing if not, we'd never make a decision. Finally after argument and debating and lots of screaming, I decided to go home and face what ever was to happen with the little dignity I had. And if all this was wrong, no one was going to murder anyone, my dream meant nothing, and I just misread Brittney's text, it was still better safe than sorry. At least I hope.

We drove all day and all night, until we we're 2 hours from home. I was exhausted and now and then I would forget where we were going and why. Billie was driving and Tre was asleep. Just as I started slipping myself, my cell rang. I woke with a jolt and pulled it out of my pocket. Adie? I answered.
"Hello?" all I heard was static. I thought I heard voices.
"Hello?"
"Is this Mike?" I heard a woman's say in a sexy voice. It kind of turned me on, but it raised my eyebrows too.
"Yes." I said uncertainly.
"Can I talk to Billie please?" she said sweetly. I knew she was buttering me up and I didn't like it.
"Who is this? Where's Adrienne?" I demanded. Billie gave a glance my way.
"Oh, Mikey you worry to much, Adie's fine, she's sick and I'm taking care of her. Now can you pass me to Billie?" she said calmly.
"Sick? Since when is she sick? Who are you?!" I yelled into the phone.
"Fine! You wanna do it the hard way?" she suddenly yelled into the phone, a completely different tone.
"Adie is sick," she spit into the phone, "of being a hostage! 3 days Dirnt!" she hung up. I drop the phone paralyzed.
"What was that about?" Billie asked. I turned to him. I was frozen with fear.
"Mike, are you okay?" I said nothing, but I knew I was not okay, this was not okay. Fucking hell.
I was right.