Status: completed

I Fell Hard and Fast

Chapter 6

Venus and mom spent a few hours in the garden. When they finished, my parents went shopping.

Matt went to a friend's house and Samantha went to Alex's house.

It was just me and Venus, doing the dishes. She was washing and I rinsed and dried. She refused to use the dishwasher.

We were working silently until I felt water spray my cheek. I stopped moving and Venus giggled. I looked at her and smiled. I grabbed some bubbles from her side of the sink and blew them in her face.

She closed her eyes and scrunched up her nose. It was a cute, little facial expression. She opened her eyes and pouted at me. I laughed and kissed her forehead. "You look adorable."

"I'm the same age as you. You can't call me adorable," she claimed before lightly hitting my chest. I laughed and we went back to cleaning the dishes.

When we finished, I wrapped my arms around her and she curled into me. We felt like puzzle pieces. She fit me perfectly.

"I was thinking we should go out and buy you some more clothes. I don't want to have to do Samantha's laundry forever," I said.

Venus pulled her head back to look me in the eyes. "What will we tell your parents if I stay here another night?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I could tell them the truth," I stated. She looked at me like I was crazy. "You were left in the forest alone."

"Would they really let me stay?" She still sounded unsure.

"Of course, my parents love you," I assured. I could tell they loved her.

"What's going to happen when you have to go to school?" she asked. This girl thinks of everything. It's kind of refreshing. I've always been surrounded by airheads that believe whatever I say and don't talk back.

I was about to answer her when the doorbell rang. I answered the door to see Monica standing there. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked her with a surprised smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Draaaammmaaaa!
jk I'm not into drama all that much
You'll see what I mean in the next chapter