Status: completed

I Fell Hard and Fast

Chapter 7

Monica smiled and invited herself in. "I was just thinking about yesterday. We didn't get a chance to finish," she announced. I closed the door and when I turned around, she pinned me against the door.

"Uh Monica," I said slowly as she kissed my neck.

Venus rounded the corner and chuckled lightly. Monica jumped away from me, probably thinking it was one of my family members. "Who are you?" Monica screeched at Venus.

I walked to stand beside Venus. "I was going to tell you this earlier but you didn't give me a chance," I explained.

"You're breaking up with me?" Monica cried. I can't stand crying girls. I feel helpless.

I stared at the floor and Venus intertwined her fingers with mine. I looked at her and she gave me a comforting smile.

Venus looked to Monica. "We're terribly sorry but sometimes things happen that you can't control," Venus reasoned calmly and sweetly as if she were speaking to a child. Her voice made Monica's voice sound like nails against a chalkboard.

Monica threw her hands up in frustration and stormed out of my house, slamming the door behind her. Venus wrapped me in a hug. It wasn't a happy hug, it was a sympathetic hug like she understood how I felt.

It's because of girls like Monica that I don't date. When you get tired of them or you just want a break, they get overemotional and start crying.

Heck, Monica started crying and we weren't even really dating. I made out with her a few times.

"Will you be okay or do you just want to take me back to the forest?" Venus questioned.

I smiled back at her. "I would never want you to leave," I promised as I cupped her face with my hands.

Her hands went over mine and then she pulled them away, intertwining our fingers again. I looked in her eyes as we both inched closer.

About two inches away from her lips and the door swung open. She turned her head quickly towards the intruder and I cursed to myself before looking over to see Sammy standing at the door.

"Sorry to break the moment," she muttered, noticing mine and Venus's embrace. Venus wiggled out of my arms and walked over to Samantha, placing a hand on her back.

"What happened?" Venus asked her sweetly. Samantha looked at me and then at Venus. They shared a glance that seemed to say everything they wanted to. Venus looked at me and smiled as she pushed Sammy towards the stairs.

"We will be in her room if you need us," Venus called to me before they started running up the stairs.

Girls are so hard to understand. I wonder what they're talking about. I don't like eavesdropping though.

Don't ask me why but I feel too guilty listening in on people's conversations. Last time, I eavesdropped on Sammy's phone call. I couldn't keep it to myself so I told her everything I heard and she jumped on me, hitting and kicking me.

Instead of heading upstairs, I walked into the living room and watched TV.

Soon I fell asleep and woke up to something lightly touching my cheeks. My eyes opened and I was met with lovely, green eyes. Venus smiled at me and I returned the gesture.

She stood up straight and I got off the couch. "What did you and Sammy talk about?" I asked.

"I was sworn to secrecy," she stated before pretending to zip her lips and throw away the key.

"What about true love? Aren't we supposed to share everything?" I pressed.

Her laughter filled the room. "That might be true but it's not my story to tell."

"Fine," I mumbled and she kissed my cheek, sending waves of electricity through my body.

Samantha came down the stairs. "Venus, do you want to go?" she asked.

"Go where?" I asked, sounding more protective than I wanted to.

"This new teen club is opening up. Mom said I could go," Samantha countered proudly.

Venus looked at me. "I think I'll stay here," she answered Sammy but still kept eye contact with me.

Sammy shrugged. "Well my friends are outside waiting so see you guys later," Sam called as she walked past us and out the front door.

"Okay, you have to tell me what you said to her. She was almost in tears earlier," I whined. Venus giggled and shook her head. "So what do you want to do?" I asked her.

"Can we go back to the forest? I'm worried about the animals," she said. She bit her lip and looked up at me expectantly.

I nodded. "Of course we can go to the forest," I assured her. She smiled that angelic smile and opened the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last one was short so I felt like I should do another one