Status: In the process of making

Falling nightmares

Chapter 13

The knots were really tight so I gave up on that temporarily and continued to the tied handkerchief in Adrienne’s bleeding mouth. As soon as I untied it Adrienne had let out a deep breath as if she had been holding her breath and then coughed hoarsely.

“Adrienne, are you ok?” I said cupping her face in my hands so I could examine her face properly to see all the damage done to her pretty face. She had a bluish, blackish bruise under her right eye. She also had a cut on her right cheek but it already looked as if it was healing. It was only a faded pink line but I was sure that it was not there before.

“Just – Just – Ju –“she was struggling to get out any words from her mouth.

“Justin, I know, don’t worry.” It was my turn to convince her that everything was ok even though it was clearly not.

I let go of her face and went back to attending to the tight knots that were cutting of her blood circulation. As soon as I thought I was going to succeed untying the knot a hand captured my waist and pulled me back with supernatural force, as if I weighed nothing. I screamed my loudest for help but Justin wouldn’t wake up and Adrienne couldn’t even keep her eyes open for longer than a few seconds.

A hand squeezed my mouth shut so no screams could have a chance of escaping my lips. From the reflection of the broken glass from the mirror that was lying on the ground I could see that there was more than just the man that was making it extremely hard for me to breathe, about a dozen or so more men in black hoodies. I couldn’t see the man’s face that was choking me because he was hiding behind my own reflection but I could clearly see the big knife that was in his hand approaching my bare back. With reflexes and strength that I didn’t know I possessed before, I twisted my body so that the knife went through mid air.

I was free from the man’s grasp at last but what was I going to do now? I turned my body swiftly to face my opponent. I didn’t remember seeing him at my house, maybe he stayed outside just for the sake of back up. The man like the rest had a black hoodie on but was the only one whose face I couldn’t see. But he seemed young and fit like Justin. I had a sudden surge to fight, not run like I would do normally but fight and to be brave, but how?

I glanced around the trashed room looking for a weapon to use, as much as my mind said that this was not a good idea and to run, my body was more persistent and wanted me to stay, to fight and to win. As hurriedly as I could, I bent down and clutched the same broken glass in my hand just like a dagger. The glass cut through my bare palm but I didn’t complain, didn’t even feel it. Blood trickled from my palm to the carpet making a fresh blood stain. I forgot about getting up, I just ran from my kneeling position making me stumble in the beginning but I quickly rebalanced myself ready to give my first strike. A second away from striking the glass in his unprotected throat a sharp pain formed in my back, I let go of the glass truly feeling the pain of the massive cut on my palm now, I staggered backwards gasping for breathes but couldn’t get any air in my lungs. I fell on the carpet struggling to get up and failed, I just lay there waiting for life to go away from my body and death to over take it. I didn’t have to wait for long, it was effortless, I just closed my eyes and the breath went away from my body leaving me cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long to update - school work.
Please subscribe and comment telling me what you think.
The more comments I get the faster I'll update.
Hope u enjoyed reading.
Thank you for reading